DEN 32-0 when winning turnover battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEN 32-0 when winning turnover battle

Going back to 2012, the Broncos are 32-0 when they win the turnover battle. Sounds simple, right? Want to win the game.... don’t turn the ball over.

Wonder if the coaching staff is aware of this exact metric
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

What a joke. Dumbest thing I have ever seen.
      sigpic

Comment

It's no mystery why we've been terrible this year, we've been handing out turnovers like their candy on Halloween

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          Going back to 2012, the Broncos are 32-0 when they win the turnover battle. Sounds simple, right? Want to win the game.... don’t turn the ball over.
          Exactly what a lot of us have been saying.

Dont turn the ball over, score when the opportunity arises, and the defense will do the rest.

Its how we won a superbowl, its how we won today.
          sigpic

Comment

Eh to be fair we probably woudlve lost a decent amount of games this season even if we didn't have any turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
              Eh to be fair we probably woudlve lost a decent amount of games this season even if we didn't have any turnovers.
              No one knows how many games would have ended differently. Some we still would have lost. Some we would have won.

Either way, we would be a far better team overall. That, isnt debatable.
              sigpic

Comment

Only needed a couple more wins to be competing for the division right now, the turnovers killed this season.

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                  Exactly what a lot of us have been saying.

Dont turn the ball over, score when the opportunity arises, and the defense will do the rest.

Its how we won a superbowl, its how we won today.
                  It starts in practice and by the mood set by the coaching staff.

Have read many things that coaches do to get a team ready for turnovers....creating them and preventing them. Thing is when a defense is trying hard to get turnovers in practice that in effect is helping the offense prevent turnovers. When a team is as bad as ours my guess is we are not putting in the same amount of time on those kinds of things that other teams do.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

No one knows for sure but I disagree with this. We still have a good defense, but but when the offense and special teams keep the defense on the field 35 minutes a game, and give the opponents the ball often deep in our territory, we can't expect them to stop the other team forever! Yesterday we won the turnover battle and our defense was only on the field less than 23 minutes and we shut them out and won easily. Without all the turnovers, I figured we may have won 11 or more games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      It starts in practice and by the mood set by the coaching staff.

Have read many things that coaches do to get a team ready for turnovers....creating them and preventing them. Thing is when a defense is trying hard to get turnovers in practice that in effect is helping the offense prevent turnovers. When a team is as bad as ours my guess is we are not putting in the same amount of time on those kinds of things that other teams do.
                      Or maybe they were practicing it too much and it got in every bodies heads come gametime.

Who knows....

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                        No one knows for sure but I disagree with this. We still have a good defense, but but when the offense and special teams keep the defense on the field 35 minutes a game, and give the opponents the ball often deep in our territory, we can't expect them to stop the other team forever! Yesterday we won the turnover battle and our defense was only on the field less than 23 minutes and we shut them out and won easily. Without all the turnovers, I figured we may have won 11 or more games.
                        Yes, going into yesterday we were 31st in the league in turnover differential, with only the winless Browns having worse.

I doubt anybody can say with a straight face that if we had a positive turnover differential we'd still be 4-9 right now.

The problem with the turnovers was how many came early in games, most of time when a bad team is high in turnovers, it's cause they turn it over a lot trying to play catch up. The Broncos were the opposite, they seemed very unprepared to start a lot of games.

Anyway, going forward next year, the plan should be to build an offense that can overcome the turnovers, instead of one that tries to elimate them. Look at the offense from 2012-2014, they still turned the ball over a lot, but the defense was able to get turnovers, and offense was able to overcome them.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          Yes, going into yesterday we were 31st in the league in turnover differential, with only the winless Browns having worse.

I doubt anybody can say with a straight face that if we had a positive turnover differential we'd still be 4-9 right now.

The problem with the turnovers was how many came early in games, most of time when a bad team is high in turnovers, it's cause they turn it over a lot trying to play catch up. The Broncos were the opposite, they seemed very unprepared to start a lot of games.

Anyway, going forward next year, the plan should be to build an offense that can overcome the turnovers, instead of one that tries to elimate them. Look at the offense from 2012-2014, they still turned the ball over a lot, but the defense was able to get turnovers, and offense was able to overcome them.
                          Why not try to build an offense that not only avoids turnovers but can also overcome them? You, know, like the Patriots. They are routinely one of the best in the league in turnover differential.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                            I agree. I can think of 5 games off the top of my head that could have had a different outcome without all of the turnovers by our offense. This team truly isn’t as far from being back in the playoffs as some think. The defense showed that while it isn’t perfect, it is still plenty good. The offense needs a good qb, two upgrades on the oline and one playmaker. It CAN be done in this offseason. But, whether it will remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                              Why not try to build an offense that not only avoids turnovers but can also overcome them? You, know, like the Patriots. They are routinely one of the best in the league in turnover differential.
                              Because only the Patriots can do that, McDaniels tried to replicate their offense and it was a epic failure.

In theory it makes sense to try to copy the Patriots, but in reality nobody ever will be able to replicate their success.

But, we don't need to copy the Patriots to be successful, we just need a better offense with better QB play. An offense that can overcome mistakes and come from behind if needed. Something we've been missing badly the last 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X