Colts looking to tank vs Denver Thursday night here is what we must do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts looking to tank vs Denver Thursday night here is what we must do

Great we got a win vs Jets along with a shutout. Now I don't really want us to get to number 3 or 4 more like 6-10. While the higher draft pick is nice it's very costly and if John is smart he will pick up a top Tackle along with some other O Line help & some weapons on offense like RB, WR etc. SO today on PFT this:
    The game between the Broncos and Colts on Thursday night doesn’t have any playoff implications, but the result will have bearing on where the two teams are drafting come April.

As of now, the Colts are picking third and their injury report leaves them shorthanded in their effort to pick up a win that would bump them down in the order. The Colts ruled out wide receiver Donte Moncrief, center Ryan Kelly, cornerback Rashaan Melvin, safety Nate Hairston and tight end Darrell Daniels.
    Bronco Bob

we may have to trade up to get teh QB we want any way i still want to see what happens with luck
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      we may have to trade up to get teh QB we want any way i still want to see what happens with luck
      Luck is damaged goods. Too many shoulder injuries. Imagine what would happen to him behind our line!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
        Luck is damaged goods. Too many shoulder injuries. Imagine what would happen to him behind our line!!
        The Colts o-line is currently and has been worse than Denver's for Luck's entire career.

EDIT: Not to mention this is his first shoulder injury, although there should be some concern because it's cost him an entire season. The injury in 2015 was a lacerated kidney and partially torn abdominal muscle suffered against Denver. Then there's the fact that last year was actually a pretty good season for him. If he's available, and his shoulder checks out Denver would be crazy not to exercise every avenue to try and get him.
        Last edited by Butler By'Note; 12-13-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Luck is elite, I would gladly make a trade to get him in Denver. Just as long as it doesn't involve this years 1st because we need that to sign Connor Williams to protect him. Imo, it's going to be Luck or Cousins. I don't think Denver drafts a QB

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            Luck is elite, I would gladly make a trade to get him in Denver. Just as long as it doesn't involve this years 1st because we need that to sign Connor Williams to protect him. Imo, it's going to be Luck or Cousins. I don't think Denver drafts a QB
            No way Denver can pull off a trade for Luck without giving up their first this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              The Colts o-line is currently and has been worse than Denver's for Luck's entire career.

EDIT: Not to mention this is his first shoulder injury, although there should be some concern because it's cost him an entire season. The injury in 2015 was a lacerated kidney and partially torn abdominal muscle suffered against Denver. Then there's the fact that last year was actually a pretty good season for him. If he's available, and his shoulder checks out Denver would be crazy not to exercise every avenue to try and get him.
              And to piggy back off of your answer Butler...

The Broncos line, already being better than the colts, could then afford to take the top lineman in the draft and use a couple more on lineman and hope they hit on one of them. The line is truly two pieces away from being very solid. One piece away from being respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                And to piggy back off of your answer Butler...

The Broncos line, already being better than the colts, could then afford to take the top lineman in the draft and use a couple more on lineman and hope they hit on one of them. The line is truly two pieces away from being very solid. One piece away from being respectable.
                I'm not entirely convinced they're two players away, I think they're one piece away, a quality right tackle. I think McGovern and Watson are the answer at guard. I know people are down on Watson, with good reason, but he's playing out of place. He's a guy who's game is built on strength and brute force, not speed, put him inside against tackles and he does well, outside against speed rushers and he's lost.

Comment

Anybody remember that south park episode where the boys were trying to lose on purpose and the other team was so good at losing?

Comment

I'm not entirely convinced they're two players away, I think they're one piece away, a quality right tackle. I think McGovern and Watson are the answer at guard. I know people are down on Watson, with good reason, but he's playing out of place. He's a guy who's game is built on strength and brute force, not speed, put him inside against tackles and he does well, outside against speed rushers and he's lost.
                    Watson might be a good backup guard but that's all he'll ever be. When Leary comes back next season he needs to go back to LG where he's comfortable and McGovern can take over permanently at RG. Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern and a stud rookie RT would make a world of difference, along with a veteran QB such as Cousins, Luck, Brees or even Alex Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                      Watson might be a good backup guard but that's all he'll ever be. When Leary comes back next season he needs to go back to LG where he's comfortable and McGovern can take over permanently at RG. Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern and a stud rookie RT would make a world of difference, along with a veteran QB such as Cousins, Luck, Brees or even Alex Smith.
                      Actually I think RG is a much better fit for Watson. He's proven to do well in the running game and with a combination of bad footwork / technique and being slow against outside rushers, he'd be boxed in and could do well.

Hmm, will the Colts or the Broncos win?

Comment

Remember when Bolles went down, we had all felt like the season was over because it happened in the beginning of the season when we thought we were going to be a playoff team. That is why we need depth on the o-line! Many teams lost some o-linemen this year. To have a good o-line at the end of the season, we should get at least 2 OL.

With the 49ers picking at #2, they will no doubt trade that spot to the highest bidder which may be the NYG. I think no matter what the top three picks are QBs.

I'd be fine moving back and getting the 2nd best OT and get more picks, those extra picks can be all defense and our regular top picks can be all offense.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                          Remember when Bolles went down, we had all felt like the season was over because it happened in the beginning of the season when we thought we were going to be a playoff team. That is why we need depth on the o-line! Many teams lost some o-linemen this year. To have a good o-line at the end of the season, we should get at least 2 OL.

With the 49ers picking at #2, they will no doubt trade that spot to the highest bidder which may be the NYG. I think no matter what the top three picks are QBs.

I'd be fine moving back and getting the 2nd best OT and get more picks, those extra picks can be all defense and our regular top picks can be all offense.
                          After reading all the recent posts I agree we need some quality depth on O Line. But no to Watson, I mean he's caught on camera telling an opponent that he is flat out terrible and he is costing us a fortune and would if cut. The only place for him is for any draft pick we could get for him. I agree SF won't be using their # 2 pick but according to PFT Mara said today Mara repeated that the team would have “a discussion” if their chosen candidate had a different view of how to move forward at the position. One option would be to use their first-round pick — the Giants are currently slated for the No. 2 overall pick — on a quarterback, which would put Manning into a similar position to the one Kurt Warner had as a veteran placeholder during Manning’s rookie season.Mara said the quarterback prospects he’s seen have been “impressive,” but called it premature to say any of them would rank at the top of the team’s draft board.

The real problem as far as QB Cleveland with 2 picks in top 6. Colts, and maybe Giants will be taking one and we may end up behind them. And of course someone like the Jets or Houston could trade a bunch of picks to move ahead of us. Thursday should be fun watching who wants to lose more - I am betting the Colts since they said 5 players were out of the game. And I don''t think Luck is ever going to come back - where is he now still looking for a doctor in Europe?
                          Bronco Bob

Comment

I have serious doubts that Luck can be what he was. Or that he's worth his contract after these injuries. And I am a fan of the guy.

Comment

Where does everyone keep getting the notion that Luck is available for trade? I've heard nothing outside this board that gives even a hint that he's available.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                              X