Bill Musgrave For OC !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Musgrave For OC !!

I really think Bill should get the OC Job Full Time.

I'm on board with it. I honestly was surprised he didn't get more duties when McCoy was here because I thought that was why we brought him in as well. I was annoyed that it was calling him only interim last night.

Sure we can't overreact to two garbage teams. But I feel like he is far superior to McCoy at realizing what he has on the field and gameplanning to the strengths while minimizing turnover risks.

Not his fault Siemian thought he was supposed to be throwing to Blue jerseys last night.
    sigpic

Comment

The changes were subtle but it just seems to be working. With the same playbook but different play calling we are seeing good improvements with this offense.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

We did just play two bad teams. I’ll wait to the end of the season before I jump the gun

Comment

His commitment to the run game is encouraging although I wonder if that’ll change if we can get a good QB. I felt like he didn’t feed his RBs enough in Oakland. The power formations are what we’ve needed all season and it allows CJ to use his incredible jump cut to bounce free for more yards since the defense is stacked in the box, that move is a lot less effective from 3 and 4 WR sets.

Comment

I don't quite get the constant "we beat bad teams" comments....

Haven't we not been losing to bad teams all year? Isn't beating bad teams still better than losing to bad teams??

Comment

I really do think he should be Denver's OC moving forward going into next year. Bill's play calling is one thousand times better than McCoy's.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Haven't we not been losing to bad teams all year? Isn't beating bad teams still better than losing to bad teams??
                It's far better. I wanted no part of being the worst team in the NFL and worst in franchise history. I don't care if it gave us the pick of the litter on draft picks. Which was most likely never going to be higher than 3 anyway. We threw that out the window back in September by winning 3 of the first 4.

I also won't agree with anyone who claims beating the Jets and Colts who are tanking doesn't prove we aren't the worst. Jets had 5 wins (2 more than us) coming into our game Sunday. You aren't going to convince me that they were supposedly tanking and trying less than us just to fit a narrative. (you in general not you specifically Broncos-R-Great).

One of the biggest annoyances in fan discussions is when fans make a claim about one team that completely fits the bill of their team but makes a different argument about their team. The 5-7 Jets were tanking but the 3-9 Broncos weren't. Yeah ok sure.

Same thing with last night. Heard someone say oh the Colts were playing their backup (who has been the starter all season) it means nothing. But what the heck did we score 25 with last night? It wasn't our starter.
                sigpic

Comment

I've thought for a few years that Musgrave deserved another shot somewhere as an OC. He put together some really good offenses when he held that role with the Vikings, and I've always thought he seemed like a good coach. I'd be in favor of giving him the full-time OC role in Denver next season. I'd actually be pretty happy to see him get a shot as Head Coach for the Broncos.

Comment

One thing I noticed last night was that Brock was setting up wide in his stance and really driving the ball. I'm not sure if Musgrave had anything to do with it, but I haven't seen it out of him before.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      One thing I noticed last night was that Brock was setting up wide in his stance and really driving the ball. I'm not sure if Musgrave had anything to do with it, but I haven't seen it out of him before.
                      Seriously!! I don't think I have ever seen him throw it with that much velocity. I'm still not convinced that was actually Brock last night.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                        Seriously!! I don't think I have ever seen him throw it with that much velocity. I'm still not convinced that was actually Brock last night.
                        I think it's mostly because the WCO, while verbose in language, is a relatively simple offensive concept. McCoy was overloading the offense, sometimes less is more. I think Brock was able to play better and let it rip because he wasn't thinking so much.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Exactly. There were many saying we are the Browns and that no one would want to play us because we are such a joke of a franchise. Well, we proved that we’re not as many pieces away from competing for the playoffs as some were saying. The defense needs an upgrade at linebacker and the offense needs a RT and consistent qb play and we’re competing for our division. It’s not as dire as people thought. I’ve been on the bandwagon for getting the highest possible draft pick. But, if anything positive comes from this, maybe a free agent or two will be swayed because they see the same thing. I’ll admit that I ignored that potential when previously brought up by someone else.

As for Musgrave, yes we were playing a couple of poor teams. But, you can still tell that there is at least more creativity in what he is doing and more commitment to running the ball. I’ll take that over what we saw from McCoy over the first half of the season.
                          Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 12-15-2017, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Yes to OC and possibly future HC.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                              Two things

1. He had the advantage of the Colts having game planned for Siemian as well as it's the Colts. They stink but...

2. Did you hear the comments about how he said Hue Jackson showed him that his fundamentals had really gotten away from him? And he didn't really realize how bad. So Hue Jackson as well as probably Musgrave have helped him work on getting back to that.

It definitely showed last night and even the Pats game wasn't really his fault until late.

I don't know that we necessarily expect that long term from him but he definitely looked like the more competent backup to Siemien going forward. At least for one night.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X