Bill Musgrave For OC !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Exactly. There were many saying we are the Browns and that no one would want to play us because we are such a joke of a franchise. Well, we proved that we’re not as many pieces away from competing for the playoffs as some were saying. The defense needs an upgrade at linebacker and the offense needs a RT and consistent qb play and we’re competing for our division. It’s not as dire as people thought. I’ve been on the bandwagon for getting the highest possible draft pick. But, if anything positive comes from this, maybe a free agent or two will be swayed because they see the same thing. I’ll admit that I ignored that potential when previously brought up by someone else.

As for Musgrave, yes we were playing a couple of poor teams. But, you can still tell that there is at least more creativity in what he is doing and more commitment to running the ball. I’ll take that over what we saw from McCoy over the first half of the season.
    I think people put too much stock into the free agents don't see places as desireable stops. It's all about opening the checkbook to the right players.

I seriously doubt Malik Jackson chose the Jaguars because they looked desirable at 3-13 two years ago. He purely chose them because they opened their checkbooks the most. And two years later with a lot of other moves he has helped them become one of the top units in the league this year. But it was far from that rosey when he chose them.

We still aren't going to have the top money to spend. But we should have enough to lure an above average qb who likes knowing this defense gives him a little margin for error.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Two things

1. He had the advantage of the Colts having game planned for Siemian as well as it's the Colts. They stink but...

2. Did you hear the comments about how he said Hue Jackson showed him that his fundamentals had really gotten away from him? And he didn't really realize how bad. So Hue Jackson as well as probably Musgrave have helped him work on getting back to that.

It definitely showed last night and even the Pats game wasn't really his fault until late.

I don't know that we necessarily expect that long term from him but he definitely looked like the more competent backup to Siemien going forward. At least for one night.
      These last 2 weeks showed how desperately we need competent QB play, we are a vastly better team when our QBs can at least play decently. We need a QB who, at minimum, can hit open receivers and not turn the ball over every other series.

Problem is none of our QBs are consistent, Brock looked good last night, but he could be back to sucking next week and throw 3 picks.

With even just average QB play this year, we're probably at least 9-5 right and in firm control of the division, instead of 5-9
      Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 12-15-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Two things

1. He had the advantage of the Colts having game planned for Siemian as well as it's the Colts. They stink but...

2. Did you hear the comments about how he said Hue Jackson showed him that his fundamentals had really gotten away from him? And he didn't really realize how bad. So Hue Jackson as well as probably Musgrave have helped him work on getting back to that.

It definitely showed last night and even the Pats game wasn't really his fault until late.

I don't know that we necessarily expect that long term from him but he definitely looked like the more competent backup to Siemien going forward. At least for one night.
        I did not. Very interesting though. I guess I had grown so accustomed to him throwing low velocity balls at the targets feet so much in Houston. Good points about Colts gameplanning for Seimian and not Brock, as well as...it is the Colts. But all of that aside...he was still impressive last night. I'm happy for him. He still isn't a starter in the NFL, but I think it is fair to say he is the best QB on our roster right now....not saying much there, but I'm still happy for him.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          These last 2 weeks showed how desperately we need competent QB play, we are a vastly better team when our QBs can at least play decently. We need a QB who, at minimum, can hit open receivers and not turn the ball over every other series.

Problem is none of our QBs are consistent, Brock looked good last night, but he could be back to sucking next week and throw 3 picks.

With even just average QB play this year, we're probably at least 9-5 right and in firm control of the division, instead of 5-9
          I think it's still a little more than just competent QB play as well. I grew up with a passion for the Broncos ground game. It's a huge part of our history. Obviously that had to take a back seat with Manning but Manning is gone.

In all 5 Broncos wins this season they have rushed the ball 30 plus times. With the Jets game being the only one where they really weren't that successful. But they still kept at it. Running the ball a lot and doing it well cuts down mistakes, opens things up for all QBs and rests the defense. We did it early in the season and for whatever reason that idiot McCoy decided to abandon it (without the Bills even stopping it really) and showcasing Siemian which Siemian clearly isn't capable of doing.

Musgrave has now gotten back to that and it's working. Our passing oline still stinks but our run blocking oline has improved a ton. A couple of more pieces on the line with a competent QB and this team could really be a legit contender again.

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
          I did not. Very interesting though. I guess I had grown so accustomed to him throwing low velocity balls at the targets feet so much in Houston. Good points about Colts gameplanning for Seimian and not Brock, as well as...it is the Colts. But all of that aside...he was still impressive last night. I'm happy for him. He still isn't a starter in the NFL, but I think it is fair to say he is the best QB on our roster right now....not saying much there, but I'm still happy for him.
          Yes I didn't mean to bash Brock. I was very happy with him. Just saying some variables come into play. But at times this year Siemian also looked far and away the best on the roster. So I'm not going to jump all over one good night from Brock. He needs to repeat it for me to believe.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes but not becuase of last nights game but becuase he has proven in the past he knows what he is doing and is probably the best option we can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              I don't quite get the constant "we beat bad teams" comments....

Haven't we not been losing to bad teams all year? Isn't beating bad teams still better than losing to bad teams??
              It's Debbie downing. Hey something positive, then someone under cuts that positive.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
                Yes to OC and possibly future HC.

I'm with you!

The offense should be much better next season under Musgrave after he has the off-season to install his offense and call plays from his playbook rather than caling plays from McCoy's playbook.

And hopefully with a better QB then Siemian, Osweiler or Lynch running it.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  I really think Bill should get the OC Job Full Time.
                  I hope you're joking - or, at least hope Elway isn't reading any of that.
                  We need a whole new Offensive staff. Gotta get the stink off.

Comment

It's far better. I wanted no part of being the worst team in the NFL and worst in franchise history. I don't care if it gave us the pick of the litter on draft picks. Which was most likely never going to be higher than 3 anyway. We threw that out the window back in September by winning 3 of the first 4.

I also won't agree with anyone who claims beating the Jets and Colts who are tanking doesn't prove we aren't the worst. Jets had 5 wins (2 more than us) coming into our game Sunday. You aren't going to convince me that they were supposedly tanking and trying less than us just to fit a narrative. (you in general not you specifically Broncos-R-Great).

One of the biggest annoyances in fan discussions is when fans make a claim about one team that completely fits the bill of their team but makes a different argument about their team. The 5-7 Jets were tanking but the 3-9 Broncos weren't. Yeah ok sure.

Same thing with last night. Heard someone say oh the Colts were playing their backup (who has been the starter all season) it means nothing. But what the heck did we score 25 with last night? It wasn't our starter.
                    Good grief. The Jets lost their QB who is the straw that stirs their offense. Without him they had no chance. They went from a mediocre team to a bottom 5 team with him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                      Good grief. The Jets lost their QB who is the straw that stirs their offense. Without him they had no chance. They went from a mediocre team to a bottom 5 team with him out.
                      And what do you think we won with last night on the road? The guy who was rated the worst QB in the league in 2016.

Again people make excuses for other teams. Then act like the circumstances for the Broncos aren't the same.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                        I hope you're joking - or, at least hope Elway isn't reading any of that.
                        We need a whole new Offensive staff. Gotta get the stink off.

The stink was McCoy.

Comment

Working...
                        X