X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    IMO like many other players , he was not used correctly. Feel bad for him. Good luck JC.
    Yea. In hindsight Denver was about the worst place for any offensive player to come in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    IMO like many other players , he was not used correctly. Feel bad for him. Good luck JC.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    They see a lot of players daily that didn't see the field; but probably should have. JC was one of those players.
    I know a decent amount of posters hate CJ but imo our backfield was doing better with a CJ and JC rotation. Things started to go downhill when Booker got involved. Booker looks good but he lacks something I can not put my finger on by just looking at stats.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied
    Oh yea, I forgot about how the Broncos completely disrespected a future HOF RB that dreamed of being a Bronco. It kind of gets overshadowed by all the noobery going on but is still more stink out of Dove Valley.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    While I'm sad for Charles, he has probably done enough when he has played to revive his career and earn himself a start with a contender next season.
    You're probably right. I know it is a business, but I am going to look at it the way you put it and hope he gets a better chance somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Or the coaching staff just didn't think he had much left to give the team? They see him daily. He signed in Denver, it didn't work out, it happens for a lot of players yearly in the NFL.
    They see a lot of players daily that didn't see the field; but probably should have. JC was one of those players.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Thank you for posting! Some folks just refuse to see how he was cheated!
    I just don’t understand why they paid him what they did when he wasn’t really given a chance to do anything.

His average per carry was better than the two guys infront of him at one point. Talk about being black balled and it really sucks because this was his favorite team growing up!

Or the coaching staff just didn't think he had much left to give the team? They see him daily. He signed in Denver, it didn't work out, it happens for a lot of players yearly in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...-charles-4374/

Week 1 Roster Bonus: $250,000
    Per Game Active Bonus: $78,125 ($1.25M, 3 LTBE)
    Yards from Scrimmage Incentives
    500 yards from scrimmage: $100,000
    500 yards plus Broncos make playoffs: $150,000
    750 yards from scrimmage: $300,000
    750 yards plus Broncos make playoffs: $400,000
    1,000 yards from scrimmage: $500,000
    1,000 yards plus playoffs: $650,000
    1,200 yards yards from scrimmage: $700,000
    1,200 yards plus playoffs: $900,000
    1,400 yards from scrimmage: $1 million
    1,400 yards plus playoffs: $1.25 million
    Fair enough, Over The Cap does not mention these.

https://overthecap.com/player/jamaal-charles/507/

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I just don’t understand why they paid him what they did when he wasn’t really given a chance to do anything.

His average per carry was better than the two guys infront of him at one point. Talk about being black balled and it really sucks because this was his favorite team growing up!
    He was not cheated.

There was no guarantee of carries. There was no guarantee of game day active calls.

In fact a reasonable player and agent should know once a team is out of the playoffs they will go into next year mode...which means managing the salary cap and bonuses.

My guess is if Charles had a better option on the table he would have taken it.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Something behind closed doors must have happened

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-31-2017, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    From what I've read about his contract the only bonus was $1 million for 1400 yards and the playoffs. hat was straight from articles after it was signed.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    From what I've read about his contract the only bonus was $1 million for 1400 yards and the playoffs. hat was straight from articles after it was signed.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    While I'm sad for Charles, he has probably done enough when he has played to revive his career and earn himself a start with a contender next season.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Jamal Charles not active in last game

Man, this really burns me up! Why sign a guy or carry him throughout the regular season if there is something you saw and didn't like. He sounded like he always wanted to play here, now it was all just a bad memory. I just don't get it, I thought he blocked really well and could have been used after he is released from his block.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X