No announcement yet.

What's It Gonna Take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I'm sad for Charles, he has probably done enough when he has played to revive his career and earn himself a start with a contender next season.

Comment

From what I've read about his contract the only bonus was $1 million for 1400 yards and the playoffs. hat was straight from articles after it was signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        From what I've read about his contract the only bonus was $1 million for 1400 yards and the playoffs. hat was straight from articles after it was signed.
        http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...-charles-4374/

Week 1 Roster Bonus: $250,000
        Per Game Active Bonus: $78,125 ($1.25M, 3 LTBE)
        Yards from Scrimmage Incentives
        500 yards from scrimmage: $100,000
        500 yards plus Broncos make playoffs: $150,000
        750 yards from scrimmage: $300,000
        750 yards plus Broncos make playoffs: $400,000
        1,000 yards from scrimmage: $500,000
        1,000 yards plus playoffs: $650,000
        1,200 yards yards from scrimmage: $700,000
        1,200 yards plus playoffs: $900,000
        1,400 yards from scrimmage: $1 million
        1,400 yards plus playoffs: $1.25 million
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Thank you for posting! Some folks just refuse to see how he was cheated!
          I just don’t understand why they paid him what they did when he wasn’t really given a chance to do anything.

His average per carry was better than the two guys infront of him at one point. Talk about being black balled and it really sucks because this was his favorite team growing up!
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-31-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Something behind closed doors must have happened

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              I just don’t understand why they paid him what they did when he wasn’t really given a chance to do anything.

His average per carry was better than the two guys infront of him at one point. Talk about being black balled and it really sucks because this was his favorite team growing up!
              He was not cheated.

There was no guarantee of carries. There was no guarantee of game day active calls.

In fact a reasonable player and agent should know once a team is out of the playoffs they will go into next year mode...which means managing the salary cap and bonuses.

My guess is if Charles had a better option on the table he would have taken it.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Fair enough, Over The Cap does not mention these.

https://overthecap.com/player/jamaal-charles/507/

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Or the coaching staff just didn't think he had much left to give the team? They see him daily. He signed in Denver, it didn't work out, it happens for a lot of players yearly in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    Or the coaching staff just didn't think he had much left to give the team? They see him daily. He signed in Denver, it didn't work out, it happens for a lot of players yearly in the NFL.
                    They see a lot of players daily that didn't see the field; but probably should have. JC was one of those players.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                      While I'm sad for Charles, he has probably done enough when he has played to revive his career and earn himself a start with a contender next season.
                      You're probably right. I know it is a business, but I am going to look at it the way you put it and hope he gets a better chance somewhere else.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Oh yea, I forgot about how the Broncos completely disrespected a future HOF RB that dreamed of being a Bronco. It kind of gets overshadowed by all the noobery going on but is still more stink out of Dove Valley.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          They see a lot of players daily that didn't see the field; but probably should have. JC was one of those players.
                          I know a decent amount of posters hate CJ but imo our backfield was doing better with a CJ and JC rotation. Things started to go downhill when Booker got involved. Booker looks good but he lacks something I can not put my finger on by just looking at stats.

Comment

IMO like many other players , he was not used correctly. Feel bad for him. Good luck JC.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                              IMO like many other players , he was not used correctly. Feel bad for him. Good luck JC.
                              Yea. In hindsight Denver was about the worst place for any offensive player to come in 2017.

Comment

Just a fan's wish for next year

This year was painful, but I think it's clear where the improvement has to come from. Obviously we need a much better O-line, to include left guard and right tackle. I'm hopeful some of the improvement will come with a year under Bolles belt, a healthy Leary and healthy Paradis. We need a solid, reliable, not prone to turn the ball over QB. I know he didn't take a snap this year and might not be as good as I think he is, but I honestly believe Chad Kelly has a chance to be special. He was historically accurate in college. He has a massive competitive streak, not to mention all the arm talent in the world. If we draft Baker Mayfield, or Josh Allen, or anyone else, I can't be mad at that, but I have to believe Kelly can be the QB of the future for this team.

We need WAY more production out of our TE's. Enter Jake Butt. A full year to recover, an entire off season to practice and train, I think he turns out to be extremely promising next year. Our running backs are showing A LOT of promise. And improved O-line can only help that. Taking a guy like Saquan Barkley can't hurt either. I realize it feels like a luxury pick, but look at what Gurley does in LA, Fornette in Jacksonville.

But my HOPE is we take either the ND Guard or the Georgia Linebacker. Either of those guys INSTANTLY upgrade the units they join. I'd love to see a star QB under center next year, but I'd love to see the best player we can draft, more.
                                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Working...
                                X