No announcement yet.

What's It Gonna Take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a new LT yesterday. The kid from Alabama. Did anyone notice how good or bad he did yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
      We had a new LT yesterday. The kid from Alabama. Did anyone notice how good or bad he did yesterday?
      Mike McGlinchey of Notre Dame would be an awesome pick-up.

Comment

If we are in position to get Mayfield and don't need him, we could get someone's 1st pick next year and most likely another second, especially if he balls tonight and next week. The Jets may give up the farm for him.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

I noticed a new RT yesterday, to my untrained eye he looked OK, but then look what I have to compare him to.

Comment

One thing needs to happen for a turnaround in 18

We need to get a vet QB. Cousins, Eli - anyone that can keep us from having to groom a rookie.

One thing this year has proven is that rookie QBs have a very very very hard time flourishing under VJ. He is simply putting them in situations they can’t handle, and it makes them implode.

If we get a vet like Cousins, we can use those 6 picks in the top 112 picks to shore up everything around him and whoopsidoo we have a team again.

I’m officially on the break-the-bank-for-cousins bandwagon.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to lean that way as well. With Musgrave as OC, I think there is opportunity for Cousins to come in and continue playing very well for us with a ground-first attack and using the first couple picks for Offensive Lineman and possibly doing some trades for impact skill players.

Comment

With this o-line even Brady won’t save us..

Comment

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
                  We need to get a vet QB. Cousins, Eli - anyone that can keep us from having to groom a rookie.

One thing this year has proven is that rookie QBs have a very very very hard time flourishing under VJ. He is simply putting them in situations they can’t handle, and it makes them implode.

If we get a vet like Cousins, we can use those 6 picks in the top 112 picks to shore up everything around him and whoopsidoo we have a team again.

I’m officially on the break-the-bank-for-cousins bandwagon.
                  This is the most cringeworthy post I’ve read in a while. And trust me, this place has been cringe central as of late..

1- Eli would be a HUGE step backwards for this team. With an O-line like ours and an aged body, he’ll look very Siemian-esque. Plus he’ll likely retire.

2- What rookie QB had a “very very very hard time flourishing under VJ”? You mean second year player Paxton Lynch or a third year player in Trevor? The only Rookie QB on the roster last year was Kelly who spent the season on IR.

Trevor was a 7th round draft pick out of North Western. I don’t know what kind of wizard you expected VJ to be, but expecting this to “flourish” was pretty hard fetched from the get go.

Osweiler was both traded and cut before coming to Denver and exceeded expectations still looking like a solid backup. VJ simply can’t just make him better.

Paxton Lynch is panning out to be a first round bust. His inability to grasp a NFL playbook under the tutelage of Gary Kubiak, Mike McCoy, and Bill Musgrave was NEVER Joseph’s fault.

3- If my first two statements didn’t sum it up, I’ll use simpler more direct terms. This is not Madden. If you think adding 6 rookies “shores up” our team, and will make us competitive again then you need to rewatch some of our losses. Specifically the ones we were nearly blown out by the end of the second quarter.

Comment

The Steelers have been dominant over the past 15-16 years?!?!?!?

2002-lost in afc title game
                    2003-lost in divisional round
                    2004-missed the playoffs
                    2005-lost in afc title game
                    2006-won it all due to avoiding the Pats
                    2007-missed the playoffs
                    2008-lost in wildcard round to the Jags
                    2009-won it all due to Brady tearing his acl
                    2010-missed the playoffs
                    2011-made the SB and lost to the Packers by avoiding the Patriots again
                    2012- lost to Denver in the wildcard round
                    2013- missed the playoffs
                    2014- missed the playoffs
                    2015- lost to the Ravens in the WC round
                    2016- lost to Denver in divisional round
                    2017- got raped by the Pats in the AFC title game.

Missed the playoffs 5 times, made the Super Bowl (won twice) 3 times directly due to avoiding the Patriots, and lost 3 times in the wildcard round. 8/16 years resulted with no playoff wins. 3/8 SB years needed to avoid New England. The other 3 they were punked by New England, the other 2 the Browns/Bengals flat out choked away those games/leads to them. Sorry, I’m not impressed with the Steelers 16 year run.

Comment

1) Superior QB: Makes up for other weaknesses on the team as they come and go
                      2) Superior HC: Keeps the team ready to play and manages games correctly
                      3) Superior FO: Scouts players/coaches correctly and maintains a constant influx of talent

That's what it will take.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                        1) Superior QB: Makes up for other weaknesses on the team as they come and go
                        2) Superior HC: Keeps the team ready to play and manages games correctly
                        3) Superior FO: Scouts players/coaches correctly and maintains a constant influx of talent

That's what it will take.
                        So it’s a no then.

Comment

It is going to take one of Pat Bowlen's heirs to become Owner/Managing partner to re-instill the spirit of winning and accountability that is now absent.

Elway just bet the farm on a Noob coach with 5-career wins and fired all the loyal staff from the Super Bowl era.

Seems like Elway is back to lining up under Guard again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Steelers went 8-8 in 2012 and 2013 but every team has good and bad runs.

Stable QB and HC is usually what makes a great team.

Dont imagine the Patriots will be this dominant once Brady and Bill are gone, there's cycles throughout the NFL. Especially trading JimmyG away for a bag of peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by River Side View Post
                              So it’s a no then.

Pretty much.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                                For us to be a dominant and elite team consistently for 15 years like the Patriots and Steelers? I'm not talking about 3-5 years of it here and there. A good solid run of 15 years of dominance.

We have a young team that could do it with the right coaching. What needs to happen?
                                Here's another theory, let us look at the divisions over the decade:

East-----------North----------West----------South
                                Patriots-------Steelers-------Broncos-------Colts
                                Bills-----------Ravens--------Chiefs------Jaguars
                                Dolphins-----Bengals--------Chargers-------Titans
                                Jets------------Browns--------Raiders-------Texans

The Steelers typically compete with the Ravens for the top seed in their division.

Could it be the Patriots consistently make it to the playoffs due to being in a weak division?
                                (New England is a lock for the postseason thus usually a top two seed)

The AFC West has always been a battle between Denver, San Diego, and Kansas City.
                                Move OAK to the AFC East and NE to the AFC West and odds are NE would be on par with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Comment

Working...
                                X