Black Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Monday

As Black Monday approaches, reports have Brock Olivo, Jeff Davidson, and Geep Chryst all packing their bags. Those are all easy choices. Their players were the weakest links and heads need to roll.

But we as fans need something bigger. Who stays and who goes? What roles are reassigned?

Todays game could affect the decision on Lynch. If he at least looks like an NFL QB he will probably stay in the mix at Denver. If he has no clue than he ought to be dumped.

Comment

I think the following areas need to be addressed and probably changed.

OL Scouting
      OL Development
      OL Coaching
      QB Scounting
      QB Development
      QB Coaching
      Offensive Development
      Offensive Coaching
      Offensive Play Design
      Offensive Play Calling
      ST Coaching
      Whatever is being done to inspire offensive players to play hard on Gameday
      In Game adjustments

If the established PM move was taken away these areas have been awful since Elway has gotten here

Not sure who is responsible for those roles but there needs to be some changes.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

No black Monday on VJ? That hurts my heart. I want him gone.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I’ve come to the conclusion through the reports that Gary Kubiak is taking on a huge role in the FO. (thank goodness) Together he and Bill Musgrave will save VJs ass and make him look like the next genius head coach. Idk why they want VJ to look so good, easy to control maybe but Elway always has some weird off the wall ideas.

Comment

Sxheff just said VJ on his way out

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
              I did not hear that but if true than great but this is more a long the lines of what I’m hearing

“In Elway they trust” in beginning to fade for some and more so depending on his most recent moves in the next few hours!

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                Shefter said VJ is "likely out". That's much different than saying he's on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  Shefter said VJ is "likely out". That's much different than saying he's on the way out.
                  What can he do in one game to show he should stay?

Comment

If Elway fires VJ, Elway needs to let the next HC be the face of the franchise. Otherwise no good HC will want to play second fiddle to Elway. Would seriously limit interested candidates who can turn the team around.

Comment

Ok here is exactly what he’s said in the last few minutes

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                        As Black Monday approaches, reports have Brock Olivo, Jeff Davidson, and Geep Chryst all packing their bags. Those are all easy choices. Their players were the weakest links and heads need to roll.

But we as fans need something bigger. Who stays and who goes? What roles are reassigned?
                        It's difficult to understand how Olivo made it through the season especially after the Broncos fired McCoy. The Broncos Special Teams unit was arguably the worst in the league - statistically they were the worst through week 13. The fact McKenzie was allowed another opportunity after 6 turnovers is stunning.

Comment

If Elway fires VJ, Elway needs to let the next HC be the face of the franchise. Otherwise no good HC will want to play second fiddle to Elway. Would seriously limit interested candidates who can turn the team around.
                          If Kubiak is taking over some FO duties, I believe Billy Mus is retained as the two of them will run the show offensively. However they need a puppet at HC which is already here in VJ so I really don’t see him being dismissed!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            It's difficult to understand how Olivo made it through the season especially after the Broncos fired McCoy. The Broncos Special Teams unit was arguably the worst in the league - statistically they were the worst through week 13. The fact McKenzie was allowed another opportunity after 6 turnovers is stunning.
                            we had Musgrave to replace Mckoy but no one to replace Olivio supposedly

Comment

What can he do in one game to show he should stay?
                              I only clarified what he said during the segment on ESPN.

Not sure the decision would come down to one game. Seems as if Elway and the FO would base the decision on everything they've observed (beyond the W-L record).

Comment

Working...
                              X