Congrats to C.J. on 1,000 yards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to C.J. on 1,000 yards

I don't know what the future holds for him, but I'm glad he finally broke through for 1,000 yards. IMO we have a pretty decent RB corps with him, Booker, and Henderson.

gratz

Never understand why so many people hate him

If he had the carries Hunt had going into this week he would be the 4th leading rusher assuming ypc per attempt. He may not have made it to week 17 with that many carries tho
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

isn't he contracted to stay with us until 2019? Regardless in a season where we had huge issues, the run game was not one. That's largely in part due to CJ Anderson's abilities. Definitely a cornerstone of our team
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        isn't he contracted to stay with us until 2019?
        4.5 mil cap hit in 2018 and 2019

13 RBs account for more against the cap in 2018 and that is before new contracts are signed.

I think 1st round RBs will go for more against the cap

Both Fournette and McCaffrey counted more against the cap in 2017 then CJ
        Last edited by Hadez; 12-31-2017, 05:20 PM.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Congrats to a true workhorse of they team
          #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            4.5 mil cap hit in 2018 and 2019
            yeah, I forgot about that potential opt out of his contract. Guess CJ hitting 1000 yards definitely makes him have trade value
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Congrats to CJ on a job well done.

Regardless of what his future has in store with the team, he's always played hard and I can really respect that.

Comment

Congrats, CJ!

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

yeah, I forgot about that potential opt out of his contract. Guess CJ hitting 1000 yards definitely makes him have trade value
                  He signed a front loaded deal. It is why people hated his contract so much when it was matched. His first year cap hit was 6 mil.

If the team really does not like him there is no dead cap space if we release him but at 4.5 mil it will be hard finding someone better.

Comment

Congrats CJ.You earned it. You had a 1000yrd season during a season that could be argued, that was the worst in team history.

As others have pointed out. Running the ball was a bright spot this year. Could be better, but it could have been a whole lot worse had CJ not been here.

This man has heart. He runs like a truck.
                    He has done the Mile High Salute Need I say more?

Edit: Ill also add he is a class act, on and off the field.
                    Last edited by DEN4EVER; 12-31-2017, 05:24 PM.
                    :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

Love that he got the 1K. Especially when someone on here mentioned that he was finished and would NEVER have even a 100 yard game again in his career. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                        He signed a front loaded deal. It is why people hated his contract so much when it was matched. His first year cap hit was 6 mil.

If the team really does not like him there is no dead cap space if we release him but at 4.5 mil it will be hard finding someone better.
                        I guess that's why so many RB's have been played recently, in order to get a good look at what we have there aside from CJ. If the FO is serious about getting Cousins, CJ will have to be one of the players that goes, along with Talib. Regardless of what happens in CJ's future, I'm glad he was part of this team. Instrumental in getting us that SB50 win and played his heart out this season. Definitely the attitude you want to see in a Broncos jersey.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Hat tip to ya CJ! Thanks for your best effort for the last 5 years!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

I guess that's why so many RB's have been played recently, in order to get a good look at what we have there aside from CJ. If the FO is serious about getting Cousins, CJ will have to be one of the players that goes, along with Talib. Regardless of what happens in CJ's future, I'm glad he was part of this team. Instrumental in getting us that SB50 win and played his heart out this season. Definitely the attitude you want to see in a Broncos jersey.
                            I doubt we pay any qb big next year. Maybe sign to a lower cap hit in 2018 with a contract that is structured to pay later. If we do the team will draft top ten again in 2019 as we need OL help badly.

We need to be paying some OL to come here. IMO if we do not pay for a stud OL player, maybe a stud AND a good one, we will have another losing season. No matter who is playing Qb...

Comment

Not much to feel good about this season, but this was one of them! :thumb:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X