Kubiak Saved Joseph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubiak Saved Joseph?

According to Benjamin Allbright, he was told last night that Joseph was being fired, but it appears lobbying by some players and Gary Kubiak has bought Joseph another year.

Several coaches will be fired and the team plans to get rid of a few "strong personalities" in the room, but it looks like Joseph will get a do over.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllbrightNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eser p%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Well, I guess it is good to know that Elway is not this angry Demon that only does things his way, he is capable of listening to advice

Comment

Disappointed but can't say I'm all that surprised that Elway's man-crush gets another year because "the heart wants what the heart wants"...especially with Kubiak's backing.

I hope Musgrave is kept on as OC.

The only 'strong' personality I can think of is Talib. Damn shame if they let him go when he's still playing at the top of his game. Roby will be getting toasted next season if they think he's Talib's replacement.
      Last edited by Mel B.; 01-01-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Yes, Kubiuk is hiring on as OC for the 49ers and making sure the Broncos won't content for a few more years!

Comment

Raiders fans are celebrating, they get Gruden while the Broncos keep Joseph.

Comment

Lmao this whole organization is BrownCo like.

Let's blame every coach when the head guy's not drafting well, ruining player relations and calling the line ups for games.
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Since he's keeping VJ, I'm guessing this will be Elway's seat

Comment

This team underperformed so badly this year it makes me ill. We always go to at least two Home games per year... next year I won’t. I can’t afford to travel over the hill to watch a team that overall was less competitive than the Cleveland Browns.

Comment

I don’t mind it when you consider the the number of job openings so far this year the colts cardinals raiders giants lions bears possibly the bengals. That’s 7 jobs if I didn’t miss anything. That’s a lot of competition for good coaches and we might end up firing a rookie coach just to hire another rookie coach.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    I don’t mind it when you consider the the number of job openings so far this year the colts cardinals raiders giants lions bears possibly the bengals. That’s 7 jobs if I didn’t miss anything. That’s a lot of competition for good coaches and we might end up firing a rookie coach just to hire another rookie coach.
                    There's that many openings every year....

Comment

That's true, who's to say that the next guy brought in isn't even worse than VJ. Right now everyone is in knee jerk reaction mode. What if next season Denver wins 9-11 games? Whats the reaction then?

Comment

Yes, but I am sure we could find a rookie coach who’s better than a mediocre, defensive-minded, unprepared, confused, and outmatched one.

Comment

Is there ever any coaches who start their 2nd year on the hot seat that actually have success?

Usually when a coach is about to be fired yet keeps his job they're gone before the end of the next season.

This feels like we're just delaying the inevitable if we keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            That's true, who's to say that the next guy brought in isn't even worse than VJ. Right now everyone is in knee jerk reaction mode. What if next season Denver wins 9-11 games? Whats the reaction then?
                            That bench mark is a bit high. If Joseph comes back, I would be amazed if we won 7. It’s more likely that we see minor incremental improvements manifesting in two fewer blowout losses per year.

Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              What'd you see from VJ that makes you think he can win 9-11 games?

Comment

Working...
                              X