Kubiak Saved Joseph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Gruden is a coaching genius ...From an announcers booth.

His 2009 Bucs were a defensive train wreck and the QB position was a revolving door.

I've stated in previous post's that Joseph is nothing special but I would keep him another season for continuity. We really need to fix the O-line and QB positions before we become a desirable landing spot for any coach with creds. :lombardi::lombardi::lombardi: Thanks to JE
    Absolutely true, changing coach's now doesn't do anything to improve the team

Comment

Well, let's hope that VJ made some rookie mistakes that many other rookie coaches have made and learned from going forward. Also, let's hope Kubiak can be his mentor and maybe Kubiak can find some replacement coaches.

Plus, if many of the players felt the same way about giving VJ another chance, then there is something there worth keeping. I think the mistakes VJ made are fixable. If Elway completely disregarded the player's inputs and fired Vance then the players may be disgruntled and will have to start over learning some new systems possibly. At least, coming into next year there will be some stability like or not.

As far as the available coaches, it seems like those are coaches that seem to reappear every few years (Fox, Del Rio, ...).

I guess Vance is the new Paxton, he may be a 2 -3 year project. And to be real, we are not going to the SB next no matter who comes in here next year (coaches or players), so VJ and his supporters get one more year to show improvement, hopefully there will be a new tone through the 2018 season. God help us, if not!
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Give the man another yr. If he has learned from his mistakes this year then we should be much better for it. FO will fix the QB and O-line problems and we will be back in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
          Gruden is a coaching genius ...From an announcers booth.

His 2009 Bucs were a defensive train wreck and the QB position was a revolving door.

I've stated in previous post's that Joseph is nothing special but I would keep him another season for continuity. We really need to fix the O-line and QB positions before we become a desirable landing spot for any coach with creds. :lombardi::lombardi::lombardi: Thanks to JE
          He didn't coach in 2009, his last year was 2008 at 9-7 followed by Raheem Morris ( TB's equivalent to VJ) who dragged the Bucs into the League basement.

See the "fact sheet" I posted on him for some of the reasons his Bucs stint went up and down:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...46#post5653146

If he's coaching the Raiders again, I predict this will be a BIG problem for the rest of the AFC West, just as it was last time he did, and he will certainly outcoach VJ.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

What on earth did Kubiak say to John on VJ's behalf to overturn this decision?

And it worries me a little. Kubiak is Senior Personnel Advisor Plus, a position that requires good judgment, but is retaining VJ an example of good judgement?

Comment

This has "Josh McDaniels" written all over it. Prediction; he is canned next season at, or near, the midway point. Book it!

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                He didn't coach in 2009, his last year was 2008 at 9-7 followed by Raheem Morris ( TB's equivalent to VJ) who dragged the Bucs into the League basement.

See the "fact sheet" I posted on him for some of the reasons his Bucs stint went up and down:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...46#post5653146

If he's coaching the Raiders again, I predict this will be a BIG problem for the rest of the AFC West, just as it was last time he did, and he will certainly outcoach VJ.
                Thanks for the correction, 2008 it was. Fact sheets happen, case in point 2016-2017 Broncos. To quote a wise man, "You are what your record says you are." Gruden may go on to be great again, but I'm putting my money on Elway. Chucky is about to inherit a team based in Sin City, I can only imagine what that fact sheet will read like. :doh:

Gruden may rue the day he left broadcasting... Let's hope!
                [sigpic

Comment

And it worries me a little. Kubiak is Senior Personnel Advisor Plus, a position that requires good judgment, but is retaining VJ an example of good judgement?
                  Elway still has a crush on Vance so Kubiak didn't have to say anything more then "Vance wants one more chance" and the hearts came gushing out of Elways eyes again...

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                    Elway still has a crush on Vance so Kubiak didn't have to say anything more then "Vance wants one more chance" and the hearts came gushing out of Elways eyes again...

Of course, nobody who really feels that way about someone would have come within a hair's breadth of firing them and would need to be talked out of it.

Comment

Its all tanking / Coaches / Players / Scouts Draft picks / QB’s. One bad decision after another. Time to break out the striped socks 🧦 and start drinking heavily

Comment

Originally posted by 98-O-Line View Post
                        Its all tanking / Coaches / Players / Scouts Draft picks / QB’s. One bad decision after another. Time to break out the striped socks �� and start drinking heavily
                        Yep as a fan of the NFL since 1955 & a Bronco's fan since 1990 I have no idea what Elway is thinking. This is turning into a frat house with the inmates running the assulym . We are keeping all the yes men around ( Russell Kubes etc) and now on the fan Woods is also coming back. So I guess we weren't as bad as our record showed. Just ask yourselves these questions. 1. Why did we bring in Jamal Charles & why wasn't he used? 2. Why did we dump Sloter when it was obvious he was better than anything we had?? 3. Who decided we didn't need any help so we passed on Jimmy G, Fornette , Ajai, and Harrison? 4. Who thought Watson was the answer for the O Line? 5. Who decided that Watson et all needed no help blocking?
                        Bronco Bob

Comment

"We want you to continue having the time of your life, on us." Have at it VJ!
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

If everyone were honest with themselves, How can you really expect much from a first year HC that only was a DC for one year. We all had to expect growing pains. I am all for giving him a second shot at righting the ship. To be fair what kind of a ship did he inherit? The offense was lack luster since McD tore it up all those years ago and it never really came back. Peyton just happened to be good enough to mask the deficiencies of the rest of the offense. Once Peyton retired it was back to the middle of the pack with a Superbowl winning coach. Did we really expect Vance to build on what a seasoned coach built? Last year he was a rookie and gets benefit of the doubt, this year he won't have such an excuse. I seem to remember Belichet not doing so well his first few years as a HC.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                              If everyone were honest with themselves, How can you really expect much from a first year HC that only was a DC for one year. We all had to expect growing pains. I am all for giving him a second shot at righting the ship. To be fair what kind of a ship did he inherit? The offense was lack luster since McD tore it up all those years ago and it never really came back. Peyton just happened to be good enough to mask the deficiencies of the rest of the offense. Once Peyton retired it was back to the middle of the pack with a Superbowl winning coach. Did we really expect Vance to build on what a seasoned coach built? Last year he was a rookie and gets benefit of the doubt, this year he won't have such an excuse. I seem to remember Belichet not doing so well his first few years as a HC.
                              Wow, Why are you asking the fans this question like we were somehow involved in the decision making process? It is high time that John Elway should come forward and admit his mistakes. Clearly he has missed on almost every decision since Peyton Manning has retired. I hate to say it, but maybe it is time for Elway to step aside?

Comment

Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                                Wow, Why are you asking the fans this question like we were somehow involved in the decision making process? It is high time that John Elway should come forward and admit his mistakes. Clearly he has missed on almost every decision since Peyton Manning has retired. I hate to say it, but maybe it is time for Elway to step aside?
                                What exactly is he supposed to admit? What decisions did he exactly mess up? VJ was supposed to be a coach with an "eye for talent", I think giving him time to build something rather than just flush him down the toilet after just 1 disappointing season is commendable on Elway's behalf. I am getting awfully tired of the VJ hate and Elway hate lately. It was a rough year but maybe people should look to next year and the possibilities of good things to come instead of focusing on the past. It won't change.....

Comment

Working...
                                X