Kubiak Saved Joseph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Sean McVey, Anthony Lynn - both successful first year coaches.
    Both have legitimate quarterbacks.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
      I don't think we can say definitively that hiring VJ was a mistake yet. When was the last time Denver had a coach come in and win the Super Bowl in his first year? I mean...you know what I mean.
      No, we can safely say it. He is a terrible coach.
      sigpic

Comment

Sunday morning of the final game against the Chiefs reports start circulating that VJ will be fired. By Sunday evening, the story is "Elway wants to sleep on it", then by Monday they tell us they're keeping VJ for next year.

I wonder what really happened between Sunday morning and Monday afternoon, I don't fully believe that Elway just changed his mind, or Kubiak talked him into it, blah blah blah.....

I'm thinking somebody he thought was getting fired didn't get fired. The timing makes too much sense, Sunday morning VJ is getting fired as it looks like the coach Elway was targeting is getting fired, by Sunday evening the coach he wants hasn't got fired yet, Elway wants to "sleep" on it. By Monday afternoon, when it's obvious the coach they want isn't getting fired, VJ is told he is coming back.

I wonder, if true, which coach he was targeting, John Harbaugh, Todd Bowles, Bill O'Brien, Adam Gase (not liklely), Jay Gruden. Maybe he thought he could land Jon Gruden, but when the Raiders fired Del Rio that changed everything.

If they were targeting someone else, the decision to keep VJ has less to do with them having any confidence in him, and more to do the guy they really wanted wasn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
          I don't think we can say definitively that hiring VJ was a mistake yet. When was the last time Denver had a coach come in and win the Super Bowl in his first year? I mean...you know what I mean.
          2015, Kubiak won a Super Bowl his first year.....

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            That's true, who's to say that the next guy brought in isn't even worse than VJ. Right now everyone is in knee jerk reaction mode. What if next season Denver wins 9-11 games? Whats the reaction then?
            I owuld argue that it is not a knee jerk reaction. We went 9-7 ;last season. On top of that we, generally speaking, upgraded or defense this off-season. SO one has to point a large portion of the blame on VJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
              Sunday morning of the final game against the Chiefs reports start circulating that VJ will be fired. By Sunday evening, the story is "Elway wants to sleep on it", then by Monday they tell us they're keeping VJ for next year.

I wonder what really happened between Sunday morning and Monday afternoon, I don't fully believe that Elway just changed his mind, or Kubiak talked him into it, blah blah blah.....

I'm thinking somebody he thought was getting fired didn't get fired. The timing makes too much sense, Sunday morning VJ is getting fired as it looks like the coach Elway was targeting is getting fired, by Sunday evening the coach he wants hasn't got fired yet, Elway wants to "sleep" on it. By Monday afternoon, when it's obvious the coach they want isn't getting fired, VJ is told he is coming back.

I wonder, if true, which coach he was targeting, John Harbaugh, Todd Bowles, Bill O'Brien, Adam Gase (not liklely), Jay Gruden. Maybe he thought he could land Jon Gruden, but when the Raiders fired Del Rio that changed everything.

If they were targeting someone else, the decision to keep VJ has less to do with them having any confidence in him, and more to do the guy they really wanted wasn't available.
              Marvin Lewis? Hue Jackson? Mike McCarthy? Jason Garrett?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                2015, Kubiak won a Super Bowl his first year.....
                For what it's worth, Red Miller went to a Super Bowl in his first year.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Marvin Lewis? Hue Jackson? Mike McCarthy? Jason Garrett?
                  All possibilities too. Stuff tends to get leaked a lot at Dove Valley, it'll be interesting as time goes on what additional information we'll hear about the decision to keep VJ.

Comment

Working...
                  X