Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Siemian Worst QBR of 2017 / 12.0 raw / Dead last

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...ason-total-qbr

Game manager' would be a kind moniker for Trevor Siemian after his 2017 season. But the Broncos' former starting quarterback does possess one quality typically associated with the label: He struggled when trailing ... at least more than usual. When Denver was behind this season, Siemian's raw QBR was a mere 12.0 -- dead last in the league among qualifying starters. Not that he was exceptional when tied or leading, but his 53.1 QBR in those instances is at least respectable. While Siemian might have been considered a young player with the potential to become a palatable starter a few months ago, now he's a quarterback no team wants to be its first string.
    WHEN PLAYING FROM BEHIND

109/192 1230 YARDS 4 TDS 10 INTS 19 SACKS

OVERALL

206/349 2285 YARDS 12 TDS 14 INTS

Not even backup QB level.. yet he’ll stay on..

Comment

We wasted 2yrs on this Bum. which made us waste 2 yrs of Lynch and 1st round pick plus the picks we gave up to trade up for him. Starting Trevor Siemian the past 2 yrs set the franchise back 3 years
      "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

This poor dead horse just keeps getting beaten

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...ason-total-qbr

WHEN PLAYING FROM BEHIND

109/192 1230 YARDS 4 TDS 10 INTS 19 SACKS

OVERALL

206/349 2285 YARDS 12 TDS 14 INTS
          I can't see how he'll stay on. Elway made it clear we will bring someone new in, and Lynch is completely stuck here because of his contract. Trev's Dead Cap hit is 12K, so basically nothing.

But I'm with you on if he somehow does stay. I'd be in disbelief.

Comment

Makes me really sad. I thought we had found something really special in Trevor. I was wrong.

Comment

I think this thread wins the award for the most useless thread of the year...

Stating Trevor Siemian sucks is like stating the sky the blue

Comment

the sky is blue
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  the sky is blue
                  And Trevor Siemian sucks.... lol

Comment

Just can't help piling on the dog pile, can we?

Amazing how quickly things have turned on Siemian. Just a few months ago the threads were "Trevor is the Man" and "Pay this franchise QB...now!"

And anyone with a slightly dissenting comment was quickly admonished for not believing in him enough. Feel bad for the young man. Still think he has solid career backup QB potential. Likely not with the Broncos though.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      Just can't help piling on the dog pile, can we?

Amazing how quickly things have turned on Siemian. Just a few months ago the threads were "Trevor is the Man" and "Pay this franchise QB...now!"

And anyone with a slightly dissenting comment was quickly admonished for not believing in him enough. Feel bad for the young man. Still think he has solid career backup QB potential. Likely not with the Broncos though.
                      He needs to spend a few years on the bench, get some confindence back, also wouldn't hurt to hit the weight room.

He might be a Rich Gannon/Trent Green type that some of his best years come after age 30 (if he lasts that long).

Comment

And Lynch couldn't beat this guy out 2 years in a row. SMH. Please Broncos, find your guy this off season and invest everything you have to and make him the man.

Comment

Not sure why people ever though of Trevor as anything more than a QB trying to develop. Just too many qbs look good and then once NFL teams get to know them the qbs start to fail.

I had hopes for him like a lot of people but when I saw him play live and up close it was obvious he did not have what it takes to even be a backup in the NFL.

Every snap he played after the game in LA was a horrible manangement decision whoever was making that choice. Some may even argue before then...that is just the moment I saw with my eyes what TS is made of.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                            Not sure why people ever though of Trevor as anything more than a QB trying to develop. Just too many qbs look good and then once NFL teams get to know them the qbs start to fail.

I had hopes for him like a lot of people but when I saw him play live and up close it was obvious he did not have what it takes to even be a backup in the NFL.

Every snap he played after the game in LA was a horrible manangement decision whoever was making that choice. Some may even argue before then...that is just the moment I saw with my eyes what TS is made of.
                            I also thought Trevor could be okay. But man, McCoy didn't help him at all. It seemed early on that there would be no adjustments, either Trevor played better in the scheme or they would look awful. And we all saw how that played out. No scheme changes at all. Which doesn't help a young QB.

Comment

My opinion of Siemian remained the same from last season. Has the intangibles of hard work, system and game management and a likable young man that you want to root for. IMO a solid backup.

My problem has always been his skill level was never quite as good as some wanted to proclaim. His accuracy, decision making and arm strength were always a bit sub par but he got away with it early on. Or on occasional big games. The flaws were always there.

He was most effective when the game plan was working and on schedule. when plays broke down is where he collapsed. There are a lot of talented QBs that can be game managers in practice and when things are going right. The separation of the average and good comes in play making when needed.

Would not be surprised if he becomes a solid career backup. Great lockerroom guy on a cheap contract. He will get his chances again. Over the next few years he might even have some success every so often when the starter goes down or he lands in a QB barren situation and ends up with some starts.

I don't Siemian just never saw anything but mediocrity. Not his fault. Just bad decisions by the Broncos to put him in the position to be the starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X