No announcement yet.

Sports Authority Down, What to do Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds great! Of course since I am not a CO resident my vote doesn't count. It is kind of a neat set up the Packers have. Quick question. Does the whole state fund or just Green Bay? I am assuming just Green Bay.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
      Sounds great! Of course since I am not a CO resident my vote doesn't count. It is kind of a neat set up the Packers have. Quick question. Does the whole state fund or just Green Bay? I am assuming just Green Bay.
      In the 1960s it was actually written into the bylaws of the NFL that no community may own a team. They thought that community owned teams would ruin the money machine that is the NFL. Plus, fans are already shouldering billions in taxes to build new stadiums all the time by non-fan owned teams and giving billionaire owners the breaks. However, I think as a fan-base... if we really wanted it to happen, we could challenge the NFL.

I believe the Packers are actually a publicly traded non-profit. I think as a fan you can buy non-sellable shares. It's a weird setup. So, the team is a self-sustaining organization that sells shares, but things like stadium renovations are voted on by the tax payers and paid via taxes increases to Brown County, the county which Green Bay is in.

Comment

• Originally posted by martz11 View Post
        Oh boy here comes Papa John's
        Papa Johns' wouldn't touch an NFL team these days. I expect they will pull their remaining advertising.

Comment

Working...
        X