Gotsis showed progress/promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotsis showed progress/promise

Though a tough season to watch. I was pleased to watch Adam Gotsis this season. Showed a lot of progress from year one. The D-Line is lookiing to be a strong position going forward. Hopefully Wolfe comes back healthy next year. Potential from Harris, Walker, and Kerr providing promise.
    Karl Mecklenburg 77 should be in the HOF!!

He had me worried initially he was Big reach in the draft and had a disappointing rookie year but he really stepped it up this year responding to kollars criticism.

Comment

Gotsis did make a big leap. He went from being pushed back 5 yards to holding his own at the line. I hope he can make another leap this offseason and become a penetrating force. We really need that as evidenced by the lack of pass rush from the middle this year. I fear Wolfe may be done. He'll try to come back, I'm sure, but it seems the cheap shot neck injury he sustained in the seattle pre-season game a couple years ago did permanent damage. I'm hopeful Walker bulks up and becomes a force, but this is still a position we need help from FA and/or draft IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by dgobronco View Post
        Gotsis did make a big leap. He went from being pushed back 5 yards to holding his own at the line. I hope he can make another leap this offseason and become a penetrating force. We really need that as evidenced by the lack of pass rush from the middle this year. I fear Wolfe may be done. He'll try to come back, I'm sure, but it seems the cheap shot neck injury he sustained in the seattle pre-season game a couple years ago did permanent damage. I'm hopeful Walker bulks up and becomes a force, but this is still a position we need help from FA and/or draft IMHO.
        Fortunately they have Walker there waiting in the wings. He should bulk back up, and play his natural DL position where he could be more productive.

Comment

He had a couple of sacks, played great run D and batted down some pass attempts at LOS. He stepped up in 2017.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Huge leap from his rookie season, as others have already stated.

Originally posted by dgobronco View Post
            He went from being pushed back 5 yards to holding his own at the line.
            When you see how stout he is now, it makes you wonder how/why he was being pushed back so far in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

When you see how stout he is now, it makes you wonder how/why he was being pushed back so far in the first place.
              Eh it's normal. He was a rookie. Playing against grown men. Takes a little while to build that strength

Comment

Was coming off of torn ACL as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stick77 View Post
                  Was coming off of torn ACL as well.
                  Forgot about that; that's quite a big factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
                    Eh it's normal. He was a rookie. Playing against grown men. Takes a little while to build that strength
                    Also overall I think he is very inexperienced when it comes to American football. He showed a lot last season and honestly might make Wolfe a cap casualty if broncos are looking to do major moves in FA.
                    sigpic
                    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

This article from last year pretty much explains his growth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...g-rave-reviews

Comment

I knew he was going to be good. He just needed to get bigger. The talent was always there.

Comment

First off Gotsis bulked up this off-season. So I am sure that helped him A LOT. Second he has been coached by both coaches and players. So he has improved his technique. Further more guys like Wolfe and I am sure D.Peko are also helping these guys properly watch and review game film. So learning the nuances at the pro level are HUGE. Also what seems to be overlooked in a big way is the fact that he is still quite new to football. I believe at this point he has still played more years of Rugby than football. So the fact that he is not looking like a HS player out there is a huge credit to his effort and speaks volumes for his work ethic. Oh and lets also not forget that he was EASED into the season last year due to his torn ACL. The 2016 draft was a really odd one. We drafted a lot of guys who were hurt....

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                            Also overall I think he is very inexperienced when it comes to American football. He showed a lot last season and honestly might make Wolfe a cap casualty if broncos are looking to do major moves in FA.
                            Yup I don't think Wolfe will make it I have a feeling . Cost us a lot of money for what we got out of him thus year

Comment

Originally posted by stick77 View Post
                              Though a tough season to watch. I was pleased to watch Adam Gotsis this season. Showed a lot of progress from year one. The D-Line is lookiing to be a strong position going forward. Hopefully Wolfe comes back healthy next year. Potential from Harris, Walker, and Kerr providing promise.
                              Impossible.

Gotsis was a 2nd round pick, chosen by Elway.

That means he sucks. John cant choose any good players in the draft, especially in the 2nd round. Or any round, so I hear.

You must be talking about someone else.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X