Broncos 2018 Opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos 2018 Opponents

Home opponents: Browns, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans

Away opponents: 49ers, Bengals, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Ravens, Jets

No P*triots game for the first time in many years because of finishing last so we're @ the Jets instead.

The more difficult opponents are at home, so this schedule "should" favor us --IF our team is any good. It's hard to be optimistic or confident in the coach, and there are so many unknowns at this point that it's difficult to guess how we'll do, but I think we can get at least eight wins if VJ keeps his hands off the offense, if the new staff members are more competent, and if the FO stocks the offense with some talent and a decent QB in this offseason.
    Last edited by L.M.; 01-09-2018, 10:31 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Home opponents: Browns, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans

Away opponents: 49ers, Bengals, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Ravens, Jets
    With Counsins

Wins - Browns, Chargers (H). Chargers (A), Chiefs (H). Raiders (H). Seahawks, Texans, Bengals, Cardinals, Ravens, Jets
    Losses - Chiefs (A), Raiders (A), Steelers, 49ers, Rams

Without Counsins

Wins - Browns, Chargers (H), Raiders (H), Bengals, Cardinals, Jets
    Losses - Chargers (A), Raiders (A), Chiefs (H), Chiefs (A), Seahawks, Texans, Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Rams
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

No P*triots game for the first time in many years because of finishing last so we're @ the Jets instead.

The more difficult opponents are at home, so this schedule "should" favor us --IF our team is any good. It's hard to be optimistic or confident in the coach, and there are so many unknowns at this point that it's difficult to guess how we'll do, but I think we can get at least eight wins if VJ keeps his hands off the offense, if the new staff members are more competent, and if the FO stocks the offense with some talent and a decent QB in this offseason.
      Are you sure about the Patriots part? It was my understanding that was known either before the season began or early on before we wet the bed. Even the 2019 season is out and we haven't played a snap of 2018 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
        With Counsins

Wins - Browns, Chargers (H). Chargers (A), Chiefs (H). Raiders (H). Seahawks, Texans, Bengals, Cardinals, Ravens, Jets

Without Counsins

Losses - Chargers (A), Raiders (A), Chiefs (H), Chiefs (A), Seahawks, Texans, Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Rams
        Given the state of our O, and If CLE has a solid draft (Two top 4 picks);
        I'm unsure DEN wins against CLE.

Comment

LOL with this state the team is in I think they can only win 3 games and this is even a big IF.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Are you sure about the Patriots part? It was my understanding that was known either before the season began or early on before we wet the bed. Even the 2019 season is out and we haven't played a snap of 2018 yet.
            If we would’ve finished first in the division. we would have had to play the Patriots. 6 division games, 8 games against 2 other divisions, and then the team that finished the same spot you did in the division from 2 other divisions.

Comment

I see 4 and 2 P's.

With Cousins 9 and 2 Ps.

Home opponents: Browns, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans = 5-3 at best, 3-5 more likely

Away opponents: 49ers, Bengals, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Ravens, Jets= 4-4 at best, 3-5 more likely

If they get Cousins and Barkley or OT I'll give them 11-5. No Cousins and a rookie QB 5-11.

6-10 here we come. hope its good enough for a top 10 pick
              Last edited by munoz1987; 01-09-2018, 04:55 PM.
              "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Beastlyskronk pretty well nailed it, but to clarify further, yes, all but two of the opponents are known years in advance because of automatic rotation as per your link. The two extra conference games are always determined by the previous season's results, and since we were 4th place in the AFC West, we play the 4th place teams in the AFC East and South this year.

We will definitely see the P*ts again when we play the entire AFC East division in 2020, and we may see them before that if they and the Broncos both finish at the same rank in their respective divisions.

Comment

I think they get 8 wins next year.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    If we would’ve finished first in the division. we would have had to play the Patriots. 6 division games, 8 games against 2 other divisions, and then the team that finished the same spot you did in the division from 2 other divisions.
                    I'm confused. Last year someone posted the schedule. I made a comment and someone said that the schedules are made up several years in advance. I always thought it was based on how a team finishes on who they play and the difficulty.

Anyway, Ravens! If I wear a Manning jersey, do you think it'll scare them or fool them into thinking that he's playing?

EDIT: LM just explained it. I must type slow.

Thanks, LM.
                    Last edited by Peanut; 01-09-2018, 12:52 PM.
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      I'm confused. Last year someone posted the schedule. I made a comment and someone said that the schedules are made up several years in advance. I always thought it was based on how a team finishes on who they play and the difficulty.

Anyway, Ravens! If I wear a Manning jersey, do you think it'll scare them or fool them into thinking that he's playing?

EDIT: LM just explained it. I must type slow.

Thanks, LM.
                      All but 2 games are decided, you could literally pick any year from now until the end of time (not really but you get the point) and know 14 of the 16 games. The other 2 are decided on where we finish in the division

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                        With Counsins

Without Counsins

Who is this Counsins person you speak of? What position does he play? And why do you think he influences our record projection so much?
                        sigpic

Comment

I am going to anticipate that Denver signs Cousins and solidifies the offensive line. Denver still has an elite defense that needs the right guidance, I think it will improve next year. Denver will have a very balanced team and will not be easy to beat. I am going to predict a split in the division, there is 4 wins. There are ALWAYS upsets along the way and unexpected victories. I am going to say Denver beats the Texans, Rams, Bengals, Cardinals, Ravens and Jets with weird losses to the Browns and 49rs. Yuuuuupppppp, you heard......10-6
                          Last edited by JvDub95; 01-09-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            I am going to anticipate that Denver signs Cousins and solidifies the offensive line. Denver still has an elite defense that needs the right guidance, I think it will improve next year. Denver will have a very balanced team and will not be easy to beat. I am going to predict a split in the division, there is 4 wins. There are ALWAYS upsets along the way and unexpected victories. I am going to say Denver beats the Texans, Rams, Bengals, Cardinals, Ravens and Jets with weird losses to the Browns and 49rs. Yuuuuupppppp, you heard......10-6
                            You're usually sipping the orange kool-aid but predicting a loss to the Browns!? IN Denver!?!?

You feelin' alright man?

Comment

You're usually sipping the orange kool-aid but predicting a loss to the Browns!? IN Denver!?!?

You feelin' alright man?
                              I'm great bro!! :thumb:

It's just 1 of those they are going to win against tough teams and play down to their competition, something the steelers do often, LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X