Broncos 2018 Opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Home opponents: Browns, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans

Away opponents: 49ers, Bengals, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Ravens, Jets

No P*triots game for the first time in many years because of finishing last so we're @ the Jets instead.

The more difficult opponents are at home, so this schedule "should" favor us --IF our team is any good. It's hard to be optimistic or confident in the coach, and there are so many unknowns at this point that it's difficult to guess how we'll do, but I think we can get at least eight wins if VJ keeps his hands off the offense, if the new staff members are more competent, and if the FO stocks the offense with some talent and a decent QB in this offseason.
    The 49ers and Cardinal games are real tempting road trips. Have not been to either stadium yet.

While the StubHub was a great place to see a game this year the same reasons that made it a wonderful football experience (up close view of the players and coaches) is the same reason it was a real negative experience for the Bronco fan in me though.

Really want to plan a road trip but honestly 2017 has me wondering if I should start going to non-Bronco games....I may enjoy them more.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      You did. I just said that.
      me to again.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
        me to again.
        Et tu, Brute?

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
          Of course a good QB will make a big difference. That will hide the terrible coaching... for awhile. At some point VJ will cost the Broncos a game and it will probably be a big game too.. something that will matter. I think there is no doubt the Broncos win more games next season... I just think with VJ the best we can hope for is a mediocre season... the ceiling with him is rather short. I can not see him taking us deep in the play off's unless he really isn't the one calling the shots... I actually wonder if Kubiak won't be the real HC working behind the scenes making all of the really big decisions while VJ is more of a figure head, the one out there taking all the stress and putting in all the grunt work.

No one is being unfair if they want Joseph gone.. he did not deserve another season. The guy was pure trash as a HC in 2017.. the season was a disaster and he showed he was not capable of leading this team. He never should have been hired to begin with. I think the only thing that saved him was Kubiak taking on a bigger role...the only thing that gives me any kind of hope is the idea that Kubiak maybe the one making big decisions. Just speculation but, I could see that as a reason Elway decided to keep Joseph.. to just be the puppet to Kubiak the Puppet Master.
          The team was -17 in the turnover ratio, i'd love to know what coach could win with that.

When you never have a lead, turn the ball over alot, defense has bad field position, it's pretty much impossible to win. Not even BB could win with that. VJ isnt perfect but he was not dealt a full deck of cards this past season.

Comment

Probably similar to this year with a rookie/bridge QB.

With Cousins, and some improvements on offense (RT, TE, RB, better scheme etc), 10-12 wins. Dont think the OL is as bad as some have said, lack of a good QB has made them look worse than it is.

Home schedule looks pretty tough. Road schedule not easy but looks easier than the home schedule does.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Probably similar to this year with a rookie/bridge QB.

With Cousins, and some improvements on offense (RT, TE, RB, better scheme etc), 10-12 wins. Dont think the OL is as bad as some have said, lack of a good QB has made them look worse than it is.

Home schedule looks pretty tough. Road schedule not easy but looks easier than the home schedule does.
              I wouldn’t worry about how a schedule looks until at least after the draft. And then, I still think you shouldn’t. Because teams change every single season. Injuries happen before and during the season that changes things as well.

Comment

The team was -17 in the turnover ratio, i'd love to know what coach could win with that.

When you never have a lead, turn the ball over alot, defense has bad field position, it's pretty much impossible to win. Not even BB could win with that. VJ isnt perfect but he was not dealt a full deck of cards this past season.
                He didn't inherit that stat, it was zero at the beginning of the season, but his lousy coaching certainly helped to create it! I daresay the turnover diff and our standings record would not have looked so bad if the previous coaching staff had stayed one more season.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                  I wouldn’t worry about how a schedule looks until at least after the draft. And then, I still think you shouldn’t. Because teams change every single season. Injuries happen before and during the season that changes things as well.
                  Exactly right.

Additionally, we have no idea who the surprise teams will be next season (and there's always a few who rise or fall dramatically) and whether any of those are on our schedule.
                  Last edited by L.M.; 01-16-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

So far, until it's proven otherwise, the players toughest opponent is the HC. Possibly all 16 weeks.

With all the team went through last season and the little that has leaked out in reports as well as the general impression of division in the locker room either VJ will pick up right where he left off or he'll learn to manage the players better, leading more corporately than individually.

Comment

He didn't inherit that stat, it was zero at the beginning of the season, but his lousy coaching certainly helped to create it! I daresay the turnover diff and our standings record would not have looked so bad if the previous coaching staff had stayed one more season.
                      His lousy coaching made the QB's turn the ball over every week? Thats very interesting.

Comment

His lousy coaching made the QB's turn the ball over every week? Thats very interesting.
                        I know you are more of a "player-centric" guy, ERoyal, but coaching also plays a critical role toward determining play and outcomes. So yes, VJ and his staff (which included McCoy and his over-complicated offense) are also ultimately responsible for the plethora of mistakes out there: failure to adjust correctly, sloppy play, numerous miscues, multiple penalties and ball insecurity. Neither TS nor BO turned the ball over as much in Kubiak/Dennison's O --both had higher passer ratings and lower INT/fumble numbers.

Comment

I know you are more of a "player-centric" guy, ERoyal, but coaching also plays a critical role toward determining play and outcomes. So yes, VJ and his staff (which included McCoy and his over-complicated offense) are also ultimately responsible for the plethora of mistakes out there: failure to adjust correctly, sloppy play, numerous miscues, multiple penalties and ball insecurity. Neither TS nor BO turned the ball over as much in Kubiak/Dennison's O --both had higher passer ratings and lower INT/fumble numbers.
                          VJ's options at QB were Siemian, Oz and Lynch. That statement should be enough to cut him a little slack. McCoy was the one calling plays and putting these guys in the wrong position. I think it was the Bills game where Siemian took a big shot, ever since then he started playing scared and making all his mistakes. We can fault VJ for sticking with him when he struggled but what else was he supposed to go to? Lynch was still hurt and Osweiler we all know is trash.

We can blame VJ for continuing to stick with certain players when they struggled but that mind set can also have a positive affect. Letting a guy play through his struggles and showing him some faith can work, it just didn't this go around. Some don't like him for the type of person he is and I get that, he has a shady past. On the football side of things he got a raw deal with the QB and line issues. He absolutely deserves another chance to prove he can handle the position. If Denver signs Cousins or gets a high profile rookie and gets playmakers in the draft and he still can't seem to put things together than yeah, he should hit the road.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            VJ's options at QB were Siemian, Oz and Lynch. That statement should be enough to cut him a little slack. McCoy was the one calling plays and putting these guys in the wrong position. I think it was the Bills game where Siemian took a big shot, ever since then he started playing scared and making all his mistakes. We can fault VJ for sticking with him when he struggled but what else was he supposed to go to? Lynch was still hurt and Osweiler we all know is trash.

We can blame VJ for continuing to stick with certain players when they struggled but that mind set can also have a positive affect. Letting a guy play through his struggles and showing him some faith can work, it just didn't this go around. Some don't like him for the type of person he is and I get that, he has a shady past. On the football side of things he got a raw deal with the QB and line issues. He absolutely deserves another chance to prove he can handle the position. If Denver signs Cousins or gets a high profile rookie and gets playmakers in the draft and he still can't seem to put things together than yeah, he should hit the road.
                            You are clearly a VJ apologist. How anyone who actually watched last season -particularly the 8-game losing streak- can exculpate the head coach (who is ultimately responsible for the team's performance) is beyond unbelievable.

There is no way that any competent veteran coach out there (like BB of NE for example) would give McKenzie umpteen chances. They have a better sense if a player can cut it and when to bench him, something VJ is missing entirely.

And no we did not "know" Osweiler was trash. He was not trash here in 2015, and many of us suspected that his struggles in Houston had more to do with Bill 'O Brien.

The fact is, that Kubiak and Co did better with the turnover diff and standings than VJ and co and with most of the same roster. No amount of lobbying and excuse-making on VJ's behalf can change that iron, statistical reality.

Comment

You are clearly a VJ apologist. How anyone who actually watched last season -particularly the 8-game losing streak- can exculpate the head coach (who is ultimately responsible for the team's performance) is beyond unbelievable.

There is no way that any competent veteran coach out there (like BB of NE for example) would give McKenzie umpteen chances. They have a better sense if a player can cut it and when to bench him, something VJ is missing entirely.

And no we did not "know" Osweiler was trash. He was not trash here in 2015, and many of us suspected that his struggles in Houston had more to do with Bill 'O Brien.

The fact is, that Kubiak and Co did better with the turnover diff and standings than VJ and co and with most of the same roster. No amount of lobbying and excuse-making on VJ's behalf can change that iron, statistical reality.
                              Ok, that's fine. We absolutely knew Os was trash and if Bill O'Brian was the reason for his bad play there why was Watson looking so good there? How come Os couldn't connect with a great WR in Hopkins? When everyother QB to come and go out of there had no problem getting him the ball.

I watched every game last year just like you did. I saw how bad this entire team played just like you did. I watched the offensive line give up the most pressures to a QB, just like you did. I watched our lousy QB's turn the ball over and leave our defense in terrible position every single game, just like you did. But, unlike you, I feel like VJ got a raw deal and I think he deserves a 2nd chance. That doesn't make me a VJ apologist. He stuck with Mckenzie because he didn't want to ruin the kids confidence for future performances. Does that make him a bad coach? Clearly all the players want him back so maybe they see something behind closed doors that you don't. Your opinions and beliefs aren't any greater or worse than mine, don't belittle me because you have issues.

Comment

People in general, including football players and coaches, can get better, worse or stay the same at what they are doing. It depends on motivation, ability to learn from mistakes and not repeat them as well as having resources necessary for improvement.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X