Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Broncos use VR to help teach their qbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Broncos use VR to help teach their qbs?

I read an article about Case Keenum using VR to improve his QB skills.

Posted the in the non-Bronco related stuff here

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...-his-QB-skills

Found former Bronco GM doing this QB Simulator

https://www.sporttechie.com/former-b...ing-simulator/

Anyone know if the Broncos use any of this enhanced training on their QBs? It seems to be helping Case Keenum
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

I am all for this. Closest thing QBs can get to the real deal. Defenders slow down or don’t go 100% in practice because they don’t want anyone to get hurt. Good learning tool!

Comment

I don't know if it counts, but I've heard Paxton Lynch uses Xbox a lot.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        Maybe that's why he struggles so much. Should be using a PS4.

Comment

So will Keenum be showing VR skills to Lynch, Kelly and the QB we maybe draft?
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The Broncos haven’t adopted that system....yet.

Comment

I'm assuming we'll start this year. It's clear that this is part of Keenum's preparation. Carson Palmer also attributed VR to his career resurgence in AZ.

Comment

VR Technology's Role in Football

I thought I had heard at some point, possibly VJ (or maybe it was McCoy), poo-poo the idea of getting VR technology in the building last year. I'm REALLY hoping that mentality changes with the acquisition of Case Keenum and how effective it was helping him last year.

I remember being quite shocked hearing several coaches throughout the league last year nix the idea of implementing VR. Again, an ego thing... (in the same vein of refusing to change their systems to fit players) coaches have less time than ever to work with their players, yet when it comes to supplementing what they do outside of the "norm," they balk.

Why wouldn't you use anything you possibly could to improve your chances and give you an edge? VR, Statistics, deflated footballs, etc.

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-v...e-keenums-game

Comment

Maybe Keenum will hold a QB VR camp😁

Comment

If a $Billion dollar Franchise is not on the cutting edge of technology, whether it is VR for QBs or IPADs on the sideline, and exercise/weight lifting equipment and training processes, then they are going to be left behind in the dust, soon to be swept into the dustbins of NFL history. New England is infamous for "pushing the envelope" (and cheating), so if we are going to keep up, we better have all of this (minus the cheating) available to the Broncos Players.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      Like I said on the other thread, they should give one to Paxton and tell him it's a cool new video game.

Who knows? Maybe it will connect with his learning style ... if he has one.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Given the current generation's affinity for technology/computers/video, the VR sounds like a good way to help college QBs navigate the transition from college spread gun offense to the comprehensive style of the NFL.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          Maybe Keenum will hold a QB VR camp��
                          Honestly, how cool would that be though? Especially if people could join remotely and participate.

I'll be a VR QB for a day
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            Honestly, how cool would that be though? Especially if people could join remotely and participate.

I'll be a VR QB for a day
                            Can you imagine the look on a friends face if you dove to the ground Peyton manning phantom sack style because virtual Von was coming at you unblocked?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Like I said on the other thread, they should give one to Paxton and tell him it's a cool new video game.

Who knows? Maybe it will connect with his learning style ... if he has one.
                              It's scary how much truth is dripping from this comment

Comment

Working...
                              X