X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos in London??

Hey guys,

We've heard a rumour in the UK, that we'll be getting a Broncos game this year. The other good news (for me personally), is it is rumoured to be against the Seahawks. My wife is a Seahawks fan (and yes, I am still paying for Super Bowl 48)..

The bit that I wanted to check with you lot, was also that it has rumoured to be a Broncos Home game, which means we'd lose a game at Mile High this year. Surely that will not happen?!

It gets announce at 1545 (UK Time) on Thursday. For me, I am hoping for the Broncos, but don't want to take a Home game away from you guys who attend Mile High each week.
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Originally posted by marktippins1981 View Post
    Hey guys,

We've heard a rumour in the UK, that we'll be getting a Broncos game this year. The other good news (for me personally), is it is rumoured to be against the Seahawks. My wife is a Seahawks fan (and yes, I am still paying for Super Bowl 48)..

The bit that I wanted to check with you lot, was also that it has rumoured to be a Broncos Home game, which means we'd lose a game at Mile High this year. Surely that will not happen?!

It gets announce at 1545 (UK Time) on Thursday. For me, I am hoping for the Broncos, but don't want to take a Home game away from you guys who attend Mile High each week.
    If the Seahawks game gets moved, that is a home game.

Home opponents in 2018: Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Browns, Steelers, Rams, Seahawks, Texans.

Road opponents in 2018: Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Bengals, Ravens, Cardinals, 49ers, Jets.

Comment

I thought the Broncos’ lease prevented them from giving up a home game.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Hopefully its the Bengals.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
          If the Seahawks game gets moved, that is a home game.

Home opponents in 2018: Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Browns, Steelers, Rams, Seahawks, Texans.

Road opponents in 2018: Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Bengals, Ravens, Cardinals, 49ers, Jets.
          Ahhhhh yes, I forgot that the road/home games have already been announced....

I'll take any of those road games!

I've only seen my beloved Broncos play twice (in-person), and we lost both; to 49ers at Wembley, and I flew to Boston to watch vs Pats at Foxboro, lost that with a Willis McGahee fumble at the end of the game

Comment

It's not happening.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...2018-113547429
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              I thought the Broncos’ lease prevented them from giving up a home game.
              I thought it was that the home teams had to be ones that also host a Super Bowl so the organization 'makes up' for losing a home game. Now if that means Denver will host a Super Bowl, I'm totally good with giving up a home game.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                Noooooooo!

Comment

I wish I lived in Colorado. Shame being an NFL Fan doesn't get you a Green Card, I'd be over there in a shot! Maybe once we leave the EU, we'll have Freedom of Movement with US. Would love to have a Season Ticket at Mile High

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    I thought it was that the home teams had to be ones that also host a Super Bowl so the organization 'makes up' for losing a home game. Now if that means Denver will host a Super Bowl, I'm totally good with giving up a home game.
                    That’s separate from what I’m talking about. I seem to remember a story that stated the Broncos’ lease requires them to play eight regular season home games.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by marktippins1981 View Post
                      Noooooooo!
                      I felt bad breaking your heart. I really did.

Comment

I might be in the minority here but I hate the London games. I think it is completely unfair to tell a team that this is your home game when there is only 16 games on the season. 8 home and 8 away, it is hard enough to win games not only at home but more so on the road. Now you are telling these teams that London is a home game? Not a fan, never will be.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          I might be in the minority here but I hate the London games. I think it is completely unfair to tell a team that this is your home game when there is only 16 games on the season. 8 home and 8 away, it is hard enough to win games not only at home but more so on the road. Now you are telling these teams that London is a home game? Not a fan, never will be.
                          I hate them too.

Comment

Broncos not playing in London in 2018. Whew.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...slate.amp.html

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              I hate them too.
                              Likewise, I think I'm in the very small minority of UK fans that oppose them. They've more than served their purpose now.

Every game in the NFL season is an important one. Travelling across the Atlantic (and losing a home game in the process for one of the teams) isn't fair on the team, but more importantly season ticket holders in the US.

Comment

Working...
                              X