Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All this crazy talk fans and media loosing their minds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this crazy talk fans and media loosing their minds.

Ok so I have been sitting here for most of the season and now that its done I need to get something off my chest.
    We have three problems thats it.

1. QB
    2. Oline
    3. Fans

That is it. All this talk about signing Kurt Cousins, drafting a QB in a week draft class, or dumping Thomas and cleaning house on all of our talent is insane. Cousins is Alex Smith 2.0 and he will never win a Super Bowl period. He will be extremely expensive and would be a terrible addition to this football team. If I am John Elway I am calling the NY Giants to see what it would take to get Eli here. We would only need to invest 2 maybe 3 years to a Super Bowl winning QB who may or may not have something left. I am betting that he is fired up and still has a lot left in the tank to offer us if Denver is willing to shore up that Oline through the draft and free agency. if it doesnt work out we wouldnt be signing our entire future away like we would with Cousins.

Oline was the problem not Thomas dude is still good and showed he can still play down the stretch. Both he and Sanders would benifit from a QB like Eli who is a leader and has a never say die attitude on Sundays. People also forget we have two young draft picks from last year in Jake Butt and Carlos Henderson. Both are very talented and have the potential to provide more weapons to an offense that only needs a QB and some solid offensive line upgrades.

Fans losing their minds because we had a bad season. It happens this is the NFL and from time to time your team will have a bad season or two it is inevitable period. Loyalty around here has been up and down for years and it started with Tebow and has carried over with some banwagoners from Peyton's time with us. Gone are the days of gritty fans who understand what being a true fan means. Maybe a generation gap but everyone goes into panic mode without considering what is really going on with the team.

Ok sorry rant over, I needed to get that off my chest. I am a passionate Broncos fan have been all my life, I've witnessed many things with this team and this isn't the Josh McDaniels Era and nobody has tripped over a Dog lately, we still have John Elway in the house. All will be well in the end I promise.
    sigpic WHEC-724

Funny, you think "Kirk" is a bum but are more than willing to except Eli? Who benefited from a great defense during his SB wins and lately benefited from superior WR help. Look at what he did with out either, and Cousins is just a game manager?

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Funny, you think "Kirk" is a bum but are more than willing to except Eli? Who benefited from a great defense during his SB wins and lately benefited from superior WR help. Look at what he did with out either, and Cousins is just a game manager?
      No I just know that Eli wouldnt mean betting the next 10 years on a guy who hasn't proved anything yet. Eli gives us veteran experience of acctually winning a Super Bowl. Cousins is a good QB but will be to expensive and not worth what he will want to be paid.
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
        Ok so I have been sitting here for most of the season and now that its done I need to get something off my chest.
        We have three problems thats it.

1. QB
        2. Oline
        3. Fans

That is it. All this talk about signing Kurt Cousins, drafting a QB in a week draft class, or dumping Thomas and cleaning house on all of our talent is insane. Cousins is Alex Smith 2.0 and he will never win a Super Bowl period. He will be extremely expensive and would be a terrible addition to this football team. If I am John Elway I am calling the NY Giants to see what it would take to get Eli here. We would only need to invest 2 maybe 3 years to a Super Bowl winning QB who may or may not have something left. I am betting that he is fired up and still has a lot left in the tank to offer us if Denver is willing to shore up that Oline through the draft and free agency. if it doesnt work out we wouldnt be signing our entire future away like we would with Cousins.

Oline was the problem not Thomas dude is still good and showed he can still play down the stretch. Both he and Sanders would benifit from a QB like Eli who is a leader and has a never say die attitude on Sundays. People also forget we have two young draft picks from last year in Jake Butt and Carlos Henderson. Both are very talented and have the potential to provide more weapons to an offense that only needs a QB and some solid offensive line upgrades.

Fans losing their minds because we had a bad season. It happens this is the NFL and from time to time your team will have a bad season or two it is inevitable period. Loyalty around here has been up and down for years and it started with Tebow and has carried over with some banwagoners from Peyton's time with us. Gone are the days of gritty fans who understand what being a true fan means. Maybe a generation gap but everyone goes into panic mode without considering what is really going on with the team.

Ok sorry rant over, I needed to get that off my chest. I am a passionate Broncos fan have been all my life, I've witnessed many things with this team and this isn't the Josh McDaniels Era and nobody has tripped over a Dog lately, we still have John Elway in the house. All will be well in the end I promise.
        I don't disagree with you about Eli, but completely disagree with the bolded.

Whether or not you want to presume that Cousins was improving until injuries and personnel decision hurt him this year, or 2015 is more accurately who he is, he's still a borderline top ten quarterback with no injury concerns. Rodgers and Luck are huge injury risks. Stafford, Roethlisberger, and Wilson are dinged often and deal with nagging injuries that have negatively effected them. Even if you want to make an argument that Mariota, Flacco, Carr, and Newton are comparable or better, look at the injury concerns. This is a reliable top ten production asset.

And if you want to argue Alex Smith, consider that if you're going to penalize Cousins for his efficiency this season, you must take into account Smith's situation in KC. You must evaluate what Smith has been over the course of his 151 games as a starter, while evaluating Cousins over the course of his 55 games as a starter.

That's what you're essentially paying for.

It goes w/o saying that the SB argument doesn't add up, especially in a year where Case Keenum could wind up playing in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

It goes w/o saying that the SB argument doesn't add up, especially in a year where Case Keenum could wind up playing in it.
          That is a fair argument; however 26-30-1 is Cousins record and is what 30 years old? so we would be hoping he could give us 8 solid years. I just dont see it. Eli is the better option a short term commitment with little to no risk involved.
          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

That is a fair argument; however 26-30-1 is Cousins record and is what 30 years old? so we would be hoping he could give us 8 solid years. I just dont see it. Eli is the better option a short term commitment with little to no risk involved.
            I know it can be telling to look at a quarterback's winning success, because it's the most important position on the field by a mile. I just ask that you look at his three years since becoming the full time starter, and evaluate what Washington's team around him has been. But, I wouldn't lose my mind if Eli ended up being our QB next year either.

Comment

Is that his record or the Redskins record? In arguably the toughest division over his tenure there, i'd say he faired pretty well all things considered. Would you rather take a chance at another rookie or take a chance at a guy who we already know is great competitor, a guy who we know is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                I know it can be telling to look at a quarterback's winning success, because it's the most important position on the field by a mile. I just ask that you look at his three years since becoming the full time starter, and evaluate what Washington's team around him has been. But, I wouldn't lose my mind if Eli ended up being our QB next year either.
                Its not that I hate Cousins it's the commitment to him I do not like it risky. If Cousins is the option I would prefer to gamble on one of the Rookies and I don't like our options there at all. Picking at 5 we have an oppertunity to get the best player in the draft if we do not go QB. Our team is built to win now with a few tweeks and Cousins wouldn't alow us to spend money anywhere else.
                sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

And sorry its Kirk not Kurt.
                  sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

I gotta agree with the OP about Cousins..... I don’t get all the hype about him... I watched some of his games this season.... and I did not get at all excited about him... he, to me, is a middle of the road QB that got a lot of hype.

Not that I want another aging vet either... but I don’t want to clean house to get an average qb..
                    sigpic

Comment

It is fair to say that Cousins has no supporting cast for sure so why doesn't the Redskins want him? I am betting he signs a huge deal with Clevland.
                      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

It is fair to say that Cousins has no supporting cast for sure so why doesn't the Redskins want him? I am betting he signs a huge deal with Clevland.
                        They do want him, they offered him a long term deal last year worth a little over 20 a year( if I remember right ) He is the one with beef on upper management. Something went wrong with Cousins and the men up top, not sure what it was but he wants out of Washington.

Comment

Yes I would much rather have Smith, but doubt the deal get's done. While I agree DT is a good receiver I believe in the Bill B mode of getting rid of a player a year too soon vs a year too late. Trade him for some picks or players and then load up. He doesn't fight for the ball and a lot of times disappears - not a difference maker. IF his option is not picked up by March first we only lose 3 million in dead cap money and then he is a FA. As to QB, Eli would be ok but doubt NY is getting rid of him after all the statments by their new GM. And Keenum is going nowhere that he doesn't get a long term deal. Maybe a AJ McCollum or such for a year or two until a draft pick is ready. Hoyer actually would have been fine but Bill B beat us to it.
                          Bronco Bob

Comment

I agree with some of the OP statements and some not.

Cousins would be too expensive and I too don't think he'd be worth it.

If we go the vet route, I'd prefer Eli too but if he is ever traded by bet would be to Jax since Tom Coughlin is their GM.

I've been over DT for two years now. I can't take his lazy, apathetic play and demeanor anymore. He does not appear to care anymore and I'm done with him. That has nothing to with the QB. It has more to do with his character. I was one of his staunchest allies. No more. But most likely, it doesn't make sense to let him go yet.

I would take Alex Smith. I think his lack of playoff success has more to do with Andy Reid than AS. Andy Reid stifles his offense once they get a lead and he's done it in PHI and he's done it in KC. He might fare better under Musgrave.
                            Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-13-2018, 09:37 AM.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Washington has cap space and could tag Kirk Cousins and match another team's offer. Some think they could do that and then trade Cousins. That's possible, but it's as possible Kirk would remain in Washington another season, too.

KC is in major salary cap trouble. They may try to trade Alex Smith, but it's very unlikely they would trade him to Denver. KC must be under the 2018 salary cap by March 14 for the top 51. They might end up releasing him.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X