Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All this crazy talk fans and media loosing their minds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
    It is fair to say that Cousins has no supporting cast for sure so why doesn't the Redskins want him? I am betting he signs a huge deal with Clevland.
    I think they want him at a certain price, but let's say they lose him, and go with a cheaper option. This means they would have more flexibility to build a football team with that extra 10 million or so. Long history definitely doesn't help them in that regard. Short history looks something like saving about 6 million this year to bring in Pryor on a show me contract in favor of Jackson on a three year with, I have to admit, a pretty ridiculous backload. Garcon walked away for a long term contract that initially pays less with a lower cap hit than with WAS. They didn't replace him at all in free agency. They put all their stock in Josh Doctson (and they drafted themselves into that one). They did re-sign Chris Thompson, though he's not making much more to speak of. They basically saved money on offense, and spent money on defense. That amounted to going from the 19th scoring and 28th yards defense to the 27th scoring and 21st yards defense. Their efforts to help him in the draft over the last two years have been Samaje Perine in the 4th round, Jeremy Sprinkle in the 5th, and Josh Doctson in the 1st (with plans to replace Garcon with him). That's it. The rest has been defense, and it hasn't amounted to much of anything. So let's say they roll with a cheap quarterback, and splurge on receivers in free agency. Where exactly does that get them? History would indicate it's probably somewhere around a top 5 draft pick.

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I agree with some of the OP statements and some not.

Cousins would be too expensive and I too don't think he'd be worth it.

If we go the vet route, I'd prefer Eli too but if he is ever traded by bet would be to Jax since Tom Coughlin is their GM.

I've been over DT for two years now. I can't take his lazy, apathetic play and demeanor anymore. He does not appear to care anymore and I'm done with him. That has nothing to with the QB. It has more to do with his character. I was one of his staunchest allies. No more. But most likely, it doesn't make sense to let him go yet.

I would take Alex Smith. I think his lack of playoff success has more to do with Andy Reid than AS. Andy Reid stifles his offense once they get a lead and he's done it in PHI and he's done it in KC. He might fare better under Musgrave.
    I wouldn't mind Alex Smith either, but I don't see him as some kind of renaissance man. Andy Reid is one of the best play designers in the NFL, who utilizes his players' strengths as well as anyone. His most recent playoff failure was actually more akin to abandoning the running game, and expecting Alex Smith to win a game for him without Travis Kelce. Reid's teams have a history of doing this. And I don't think Smith played bad at all in that game, but I don't think that relying on Smith to go out and win you a game w/o his security blanket, Travis Kelce, is the way you want to go.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 01-13-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Ok so I have been sitting here for most of the season and now that its done I need to get something off my chest.
      We have three problems thats it.

1. QB
      2. Oline
      3. Fans

That is it. All this talk about signing Kurt Cousins, drafting a QB in a week draft class, or dumping Thomas and cleaning house on all of our talent is insane. Cousins is Alex Smith 2.0 and he will never win a Super Bowl period. He will be extremely expensive and would be a terrible addition to this football team. If I am John Elway I am calling the NY Giants to see what it would take to get Eli here. We would only need to invest 2 maybe 3 years to a Super Bowl winning QB who may or may not have something left. I am betting that he is fired up and still has a lot left in the tank to offer us if Denver is willing to shore up that Oline through the draft and free agency. if it doesnt work out we wouldnt be signing our entire future away like we would with Cousins.

Oline was the problem not Thomas dude is still good and showed he can still play down the stretch. Both he and Sanders would benifit from a QB like Eli who is a leader and has a never say die attitude on Sundays. People also forget we have two young draft picks from last year in Jake Butt and Carlos Henderson. Both are very talented and have the potential to provide more weapons to an offense that only needs a QB and some solid offensive line upgrades.

Fans losing their minds because we had a bad season. It happens this is the NFL and from time to time your team will have a bad season or two it is inevitable period. Loyalty around here has been up and down for years and it started with Tebow and has carried over with some banwagoners from Peyton's time with us. Gone are the days of gritty fans who understand what being a true fan means. Maybe a generation gap but everyone goes into panic mode without considering what is really going on with the team.

Ok sorry rant over, I needed to get that off my chest. I am a passionate Broncos fan have been all my life, I've witnessed many things with this team and this isn't the Josh McDaniels Era and nobody has tripped over a Dog lately, we still have John Elway in the house. All will be well in the end I promise.
      You've got them in the wrong order...

This might be closer.

1. Some "Fans"

2. O-line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. QB

Throw everything we've got an offensive wall first. Hope Butt pans out, if we find a replacement for Welker (yes, Welker) and bring in some mid to late round BPA hits vs misses we should be on the right path.

I still think Sloter would have been starting by the end of the season. Meanwhile, no point in bringing in elite talent until the O-line is solid. I will say Eli's knowledge (like his brother) would tame some of those defenses a bit with hurry up and quick reads IMO.
      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
        You've got them in the wrong order...

This might be closer.

1. Some "Fans"

2. O-line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. QB

Throw everything we've got an offensive wall first. Hope Butt pans out, if we find a replacement for Welker (yes, Welker) and bring in some mid to late round BPA hits vs misses we should be on the right path.

I still think Sloter would have been starting by the end of the season. Meanwhile, no point in bringing in elite talent until the O-line is solid. I will say Eli's knowledge (like his brother) would tame some of those defenses a bit with hurry up and quick reads IMO.
        I think Butt is going to be pretty good. I'm surprised we don't talk about him more often. But yeah, totally agree on "some" fans. Not everyone was totally freaking out this year, and rightfully so, IMO.

Comment

We have far more problems than offensive line and quarterback. We are weak at inside linebacker, we need a stronger right OLB to provide help for Von. We are weak at tight end, where we are betting big that Jake Butt can be a difference maker. And Demaryius is not the player he once was. Drops and his fear to go across the middle have hurt us to many times.

And to say fans are a problem for losing their minds is ridiculous. If fans believe, like you, that we are two piece from a return to dominance, then you might be right.

But since we are many pieces away and we won’t be able to solve them in one offseason, then the fan reaction is entirely justified.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
            We have far more problems than offensive line and quarterback. We are weak at inside linebacker, we need a stronger right OLB to provide help for Von. We are weak at tight end, where we are betting big that Jake Butt can be a difference maker. And Demaryius is not the player he once was. Drops and his fear to go across the middle have hurt us to many times.

And to say fans are a problem for losing their minds is ridiculous. If fans believe, like you, that we are two piece from a return to dominance, then you might be right.

But since we are many pieces away and we won’t be able to solve them in one offseason, then the fan reaction is entirely justified.
            Of course the fan reaction is justified. I have been a fan for over 20 some odd years and I will not tolerate anyone suggesting those of us who were upset with 2017 season are somehow band wagon fans or just spoiled and not gritty enough.

The OP needed to get that off of their chest... and I need to get off of my chest that fans who call out other fans or question their fandom are crossing a line. So tired of this kind of discussion on this forum. I wont say what I really want to about it because I don't want the mods to spank me but, needless to say it is a pet peeve of mine.

Last season was not just another bad season... it was a colossal mess of a season. It was historically bad. Each week brought a new level of humiliation and suffering. I would think a real fan would have a big issue with that... but, I am not one to call out other posters about their fandom. Its just not me.
            My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

Swap out cousins for Trevor and how many wins do the redskins have this year?

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                Swap out cousins for Trevor and how many wins do the redskins have this year?

That speaks more to trevors awefulness as opposed to kirks awesomeness
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  That speaks more to trevors awefulness as opposed to kirks awesomeness
                  Why not a little of both?

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    Funny, you think "Kirk" is a bum but are more than willing to except Eli? Who benefited from a great defense during his SB wins and lately benefited from superior WR help. Look at what he did with out either, and Cousins is just a game manager?
                    I never agree with JvDub...BUT....I do here....that's is crazy to get Eli here for a year or two and then need to get yet ANOTHER qb...that said I by no means want Kirk cousins especially at 25- 30 million....
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Cousins is a top 10 QB. He has proven that on the field for three straight years. Tired of people talking him down, he's a damn good player. However, his price tag is way too high. The Broncos would have to hit on every draft pick this year and for the foreseeable future to have success paying Von 20+ million and Kirk 30+ million a year. Given how the last few years have gone, I have zero confidence in the Broncos ability to draft. Not sure what the answer is for the team at QB but I don't see long term success having the highest paid offensive and defensive player in the NFL on the same team.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                        I never agree with JvDub...BUT....I do here....that's is crazy to get Eli here for a year or two and then need to get yet ANOTHER qb...that said I by no means want Kirk cousins especially at 25- 30 million....
                        Awe....im touched

This is the best part of this time of year because you have hundreds of different ideas on how to fix the problems. That's a good thing because that shows this organization has a strong fan base that cares about keeping it's winning culture in tact. Your option A is different than my option A, that doesn't make either of us better fans than the other, it just shows we both love the Broncos

Comment

No to Cousins.... no to Eli.... no to Smith.... and yes to QB at the 5 pick. Not wanting to draft a QB at #5, but this yr. might be like the yr. of 1983 when the 3 QBs were all fantastic. Bring back PL and Kelly. Then upgrade O-line. But don't bring in an expensive QB who is not taking us to the playoffs with a below avg. o-line and hamstrings the team for years.

Comment

Yeah as really may need to possibly trade that of Trevor Siemien. Good but not great. And also that of possibly Kelly if Paxton does not workout.
                            Ready for October Falls

Comment

Alex Smith 2.0 is the perfect description for Cousins, the only difference is Kirk will cost a zeppelin full of money. Smith you might be able to get for just a boat full of money. Either way no thanks on both.

Comment

Ok so I have been sitting here for most of the season and now that its done I need to get something off my chest.
                                We have three problems thats it.

1. QB
                                2. Oline
                                3. Fans

That is it. All this talk about signing Kurt Cousins, drafting a QB in a week draft class, or dumping Thomas and cleaning house on all of our talent is insane. Cousins is Alex Smith 2.0 and he will never win a Super Bowl period. He will be extremely expensive and would be a terrible addition to this football team. If I am John Elway I am calling the NY Giants to see what it would take to get Eli here. We would only need to invest 2 maybe 3 years to a Super Bowl winning QB who may or may not have something left. I am betting that he is fired up and still has a lot left in the tank to offer us if Denver is willing to shore up that Oline through the draft and free agency. if it doesnt work out we wouldnt be signing our entire future away like we would with Cousins.

Oline was the problem not Thomas dude is still good and showed he can still play down the stretch. Both he and Sanders would benifit from a QB like Eli who is a leader and has a never say die attitude on Sundays. People also forget we have two young draft picks from last year in Jake Butt and Carlos Henderson. Both are very talented and have the potential to provide more weapons to an offense that only needs a QB and some solid offensive line upgrades.

Fans losing their minds because we had a bad season. It happens this is the NFL and from time to time your team will have a bad season or two it is inevitable period. Loyalty around here has been up and down for years and it started with Tebow and has carried over with some banwagoners from Peyton's time with us. Gone are the days of gritty fans who understand what being a true fan means. Maybe a generation gap but everyone goes into panic mode without considering what is really going on with the team.

Ok sorry rant over, I needed to get that off my chest. I am a passionate Broncos fan have been all my life, I've witnessed many things with this team and this isn't the Josh McDaniels Era and nobody has tripped over a Dog lately, we still have John Elway in the house. All will be well in the end I promise.
                                Our special teams suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X