• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talib

Cutting him should be 0%!!!! If you
    Trade and get a 3rd or better ok but you don’t cut an app
    Pronand get zero return!!

If we could get something in a trade, certainly we would prefer that.

At this point getting rid of Talib frees up about 10 mil in cap space. Like it or not that space would make navigating free agency much easier and give us more flexibility. Plus at this point we'll be looking at if Roby is worth a long-term deal. It would make sense to have see if Roby can be counted on as a full time starter for the whole season.

My guess is Elway approaches Talib to take a pay cut, Talib probably won't accept it and we end up releasing him. To get trade value a team would have to be willing to take on Talib's contract which is expensive.
    A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
      Cutting him should be 0%!!!! If you
      Trade and get a 3rd or better ok but you don’t cut an app
      Pronand get zero return!!
      The problem is other teams already know the situation and wouldn't be willing to give up anything knowing he is just going to be released anyway. That coupled with the knowledge of his age and history.
      sigpic

Comment

Seen a report saying we're putting him on the trade block. We will get something for him. I could see a 3rd

Comment

We'd probably get a decent comp pick based on the contract he signed, if we actually released him. Doubt it's gonna happen tho.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

It’s Mike Klis opinion that he gets put on the trade block. Talib said the staff talked to him about his future with the team and talked about the rarity of three CBs on one roster making so much money but he went on to say it wouldn’t surprise him if he’s still here which leads me to believe he’s open to restructure to stay.
            Last edited by Peanut; 02-02-2018, 01:22 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted post.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              It’s Mike Klis opinion that he gets put on the trade block. Talib said the staff talked to him about his future with the team and talked about the rarity of three CBs on one roster making so much money but he went on to say it wouldn’t surprise him if he’s still here which leads me to believe he’s open to restructure to stay.
              I think he'll restructure also. Losing ward didnt make him happy but he wants to stay and knows his situation.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

I don't see us getting anything better than a day 3 pick.

Teams know where we stand, we can restructure his contract , or take what we can get in a trade.

If I could use my magic wand I'd package him with some picks to move up to #2 and snag my boy Rosen

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                  If we could get something in a trade, certainly we would prefer that.

At this point getting rid of Talib frees up about 10 mil in cap space. Like it or not that space would make navigating free agency much easier and give us more flexibility. Plus at this point we'll be looking at if Roby is worth a long-term deal. It would make sense to have see if Roby can be counted on as a full time starter for the whole season.

My guess is Elway approaches Talib to take a pay cut, Talib probably won't accept it and we end up releasing him. To get trade value a team would have to be willing to take on Talib's contract which is expensive.
                  While true, 11 mil and 8 mil in this day and age is a relative bargain for one of the top 10 CB's in the NFL. And teams would have to get in a bidding war for Talib if he's cut, he could still get a contract around 3 years, 36 mil or so if he hit free agency.

Comment

Why would anyone want to cut one of the best CB's in the NFL?

To make room for an over-priced average QB?

Some of you just seem hell-bent on fielding a 2-14 team.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      Why would anyone want to cut one of the best CB's in the NFL?

To make room for an over-priced average QB?

Some of you just seem hell-bent on fielding a 2-14 team.
                      Well, that depends. Is there a big time qb coming out next year?

Comment

Pro bowl CB for 2 year @ less than 10M AAV and no guaranteed money at risk? Do not see him getting cut.
                        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Does anyone think Minkah Fitzpatrick will fall to number 5 in the draft?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Does anyone think Minkah Fitzpatrick will fall to number 5 in the draft?
                            Does he play the Qb position?
                            :lombardi:

Comment

Minkah, Second round.early.
                              :lombardi:

Comment

Working...
                              X