Shelby Harris ranked # 4 at DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelby Harris ranked # 4 at DE

Shelby Harris is ranked number 4 DE in league by bleacher report. Yes I know most of you hate bleacher report but so what, their opinion holds more credibility than yours does across this country.

Harris isn’t the starting DE in denver here are the stats he’s put up to be ranked number 4!

He has a nerds name.
    :lombardi:

Comment

He is a solid rotational player who has upside, and he showed some improved over the last year or so which is great to see. I am sure if John Elway decides to bring him back on a Restricted Free Agent tender he will get an extended look during training camp. I just hope John Elway places the highest possible tender on him because we don't want anyone poaching our top 5 rated defensive end

Comment

This is not good news for the oft-injured Derek Wolfe who is currently seeking Neurological evaluations.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
          This is not good news for the oft-injured Derek Wolfe who is currently seeking Neurological evaluations.
          But good for a team looking for some cap relief.

Comment

This is why I don’t think we need to take a DE early. Harris and Gotsis make a sound duo. If our staff has Walker add a little weight and Wolfe continues playing we are 4 deep at DE.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
              This is why I don’t think we need to take a DE early. Harris and Gotsis make a sound duo. If our staff has Walker add a little weight and Wolfe continues playing we are 4 deep at DE.
              agreed. DE may be the deepest position on the team.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Endaround View Post
                He has a nerds name.
                Actually it is a stand out type of name. Look at Pasi Schleen/body builder and roller jam tough guy or and a better example is John Wayne, who’s birth name was Marion Morrison. Tell me that isn’t a bad ass name by today’s standards!

Comment

I hope he gets more snaps in 2018. 5.5 sacks is pretty impressive for a rotational player.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                    I hope he gets more snaps in 2018. 5.5 sacks is pretty impressive for a rotational player.
                    agreed. He actually had the 2nd most snaps on the Dline behind Gotsis.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                      We don’t need to but good lord is Taven Bryan impressive. Best get off I’ve seen out of any prospect this season. There are so many good players coming out that I really hope we get QB addressed in FA so we can capitalize.

Comment

Harris was one of the only bright spots this past season. I think when the chance comes up. Denver should sign that man an extension.

Comment

Tender him and make a deal. Take a risk that last season wasn't a fluke and do it now before the price goes up. As we should have done with Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            agreed. DE may be the deepest position on the team.
                            At what point did we see our DE's get incredible pressure this season? Harris is pretty good. Wolfe is good. Gotsis was improving but ultimately we didn't see either of them push the middle of the pocket of most teams. Certainly not when we needed it the most. I look back to what Malik Jackson was able to do for us or even Pot Roast when he was here and in his prime. The pressure they were able to generate in the middle was incredibly critical for us.

Comment

Harris flashed potential but he needs to do it over the course of several seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X