Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Elway mount a 4th quarter comeback as a GM

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Make no mistake about it, Elway should be on the hot seat right now. Vance Joseph will rightfully be fired soon enough. But it is time Broncos Country seriously examine John Elway’s performance as GM.

    Some of the worst 1st and 2nd round draft performance.

    Went all in on Case Keenum. Wasn’t even in the running for Kirk Cousins, despite the obvious need to be.

    Free agent acquisitions aside from 2014 are terrible.

    Vance Joseph was kept around this year to protect Elway’s position, serving as a scapegoat. VJ should be gone, but don’t let Elway off the hook.
    And Elway reportedly wanted to for VJ after last season but Kubes talked him out of it... so...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      And Elway reportedly wanted to for VJ after last season but Kubes talked him out of it... so...
      Maybe Elway talked Kubiak into talking him into keeping Joseph? That way he could use Joseph as his buffer, and feed his ego...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Maybe Elway talked Kubiak into talking him into keeping Joseph? That way he could use Joseph as his buffer, and feed his ego...
        You're confused. That was an episode of Seinfeld, I think.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          And Elway reportedly wanted to for VJ after last season but Kubes talked him out of it... so...
          So then he needs to go to Kubiak and say I told you so.

          Kubiak makes one mistake by talking Elway out of it and no one ever lets him live it down but the broncos are spiraling towards what will be their second consecutive losing season in more than 40 years AND under Elways watch at that yet the excuses will keep coming!

          Now this is a serious question
          What is it with you guys, why do you continuously refuse to see the truth of who really is at fault here?

          Comment


          • Look at how bad drafting has been...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              So then he needs to go to Kubiak and say I told you so.

              Kubiak makes one mistake by talking Elway out of it and no one ever lets him live it down but the broncos are spiraling towards what will be their second consecutive losing season in more than 40 years AND under Elways watch at that yet the excuses will keep coming!

              Now this is a serious question
              What is it with you guys, why do you continuously refuse to see the truth of who really is at fault here?
              Elway gets no more excuses or benefits of the doubt from me.

              He totally screwed this team up by (1.) hiring Joseph and (2.) not paying Wade...and (3.) piss-poor QB evaluation.

              Hopefully we fell into a jewel in Kelly though!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                So then he needs to go to Kubiak and say I told you so.

                Kubiak makes one mistake by talking Elway out of it and no one ever lets him live it down but the broncos are spiraling towards what will be their second consecutive losing season in more than 40 years AND under Elways watch at that yet the excuses will keep coming!

                Now this is a serious question
                What is it with you guys, why do you continuously refuse to see the truth of who really is at fault here?
                Who knows what conversations Elway had had with Kubes since then. I'm sure they are in speaking terms so I assume the topic has come up on more than one occasion.

                Your question can't that serious because it starts with an accusation and assertion that is false.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                  Elway gets no more excuses or benefits of the doubt from me.

                  He totally screwed this team up by (1.) hiring Joseph and (2.) not paying Wade...and (3.) piss-poor QB evaluation.

                  Hopefully we fell into a jewel in Kelly though!
                  I think we can can expand “piss poor QB evaluation” to “piss poor personnel evaluation generally.”

                  Comment


                  • Elway has had 17 1st or 2nd round draft picks. I will set aside 2018 for the time being since it is still too early to evaluate.

                    So of Elway’s 15 1s and 2s, only Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, and Orlando Franklin met expectations. 20% on early round picks is dreadful.

                    Teams are supposed to build their success around 1s and 2s. You will miss some, but decent drafters are meeting expectation on 35-50% of early round picks.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                      Who knows what conversations Elway had had with Kubes since then. I'm sure they are in speaking terms so I assume the topic has come up on more than one occasion.

                      Your question can't that serious because it starts with an accusation and assertion that is false.
                      its not an accusation if ppl are contiously stating their dedication to one person especially when that person has been the one in charge.

                      Pat Bowlen kept and maintained a winning organization in a classy manner. Elway was apart of it for sometime but he is also the very guy that is destroying this teams reputation because he is in fact the guy that is in charge while this is all happening.

                      Again he is the very guy that is destroying this team and if you deny that then you are in fact with that group of ppl who are refusing to see the truth and if that is where you stand, please explain your position why and why you wont hold him accountable?

                      Its not a knock and it is not smack talk, I really want to know and please don't bring up manning or 2015 because if that's the case you'd have ask why we fired Shanahan who brought two championships here as well. Yes Elway was a part of that as well but he needed Terrell Davis and Mike Shanahan just as he needed Manning to get it done in 2015.

                      Yes I give Elway full credit for 2015 if it makes the lot of you happy but that's past and every bad decision leading up to 2018 was most likely made by him...

                      Comment


                      • I still thinking Chubbs will be great. And Sutton was a great draft pick as well.

                        I don’t see Elway being fired...yet. I think he gets one more shot to build the right staff.

                        VJ is obviously gone. So is the DC. Gotta find another QB...again. Roby can stay as our nickel DB but that’s it.

                        Time is ticking...while Von hasn’t shown up the past couple of games I think it’s partly due to teams knowing how to play us. It’s hard to rush the QB when they are getting it out of their hands super quick and guys are always open.

                        We need to hit the reset...big time.

                        Comment


                        • No he cannot. He is done when ownership gets figured out. May be a few years though
                          LETS GO GET EM BOYS

                          Comment


                          • Our rookies carried us today despite worthless coaching and QB play. Elway deserves at least some credit for that as well as the Super bowl appearances/wins.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post
                              Look at how bad drafting has been...
                              And, this year we had the draft capital to nab a good young signal caller and we wimped out. That was disappointing based on Keenum's performance and I'm not sure I'd have felt differently even if Case was playing well now. Case was an excellent college QB and he played with heart in Minnesota - and you could certainly argue he had better receivers in MN. None of our TE and likely DT would even make the Vikings' team. Even Sanders would be relagated to the slot.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X