Case Keenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Keenum

Well guys, looks like we have a new QB. I have to admit I am not completely sold on him but I hope he lives up to what he accomplished in Minnesota.

I can’t believe it.This is the one thing I didn’t want and I just pray it’s a short deal with them still planning to do whatever it takes to get Mayfield or Rosen (I’m
    wondering if Elway wants Mayfield given him and Keenum are similar height) but what we’ve basically done is sign Joe Flacco here after his good year and I wonder how people would feel knowing what they know now about him.We could have got Bridgewater for a cheap one year deal and gone all in on the draft pick with plenty money to shore up other holes for the future but almost every article you read was against signing Keenum and I feel the same.
    Love to be proven wrong but right now I’m disgusted at this unless we’re paying him significantly lower than the numbers we saw projected when it came to him hitting FA.

Comment

Not a “sexy” pick-up- but I think we can be 9-7 just by cutting down on the backbreaking INTs (which Keenum seemingly can do). Also like that we’re “Minnesota-Lite” with a good D and some productive WRs. He should be comfortable here- especially since Kubes apparently likes him from his time in HOU (which makes it much less of an Elway “I’m smarter than everyone else”-type thing).

Up to Elway to get busy fixing the rest of the team (OL, LB, RB, etc.) now though...

Comment

This is a very underwhelming pick up to say the least. Not impressive whatsoever. Dumpster diving isn't what I expected.

Comment

Many people expected too much. We need to fill a number of holes and don't have a great deal of cap space to do it. Yes, we can find some answers in the draft but not enough.

Keenum is the realistic choice.

Comment

Competent, professional, veteran QB play for the first time in at least two seasons will do this team some good. Not going to set the world on fire- but I don’t expect to have the “Benny Hill” theme in my head when we have the ball next year either...

Comment

Deja vu all over again?

Can’t wait for all the threads telling me how this completely uninspiring signing is a great idea if we give it a chance.

Wonder how the team is feeling about now. Energized and can’t wait to get started or reading this news and feeling illl at the thought of this choice.

Comes down to it they are the ones that need to buy-in to this signing the most. Will they?

Comment

Guess it depends on the contract. Hopefully nothing more than 3 years with mid-range money. Kirk must be more concerned about getting paid then winning games. Now do we draft a QB too or use our first round pick elsewhere and keep trying to get Paxton going and see what we have with Chad Kelly
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

I sure hope its a short term deal and we get Rosen or Mayfield in the draft. Keenum had what, a 9-15 record prior to last year? I kind of expect he will be on a short leash from the fans perspective especially if we draft Rosen or Mayfield.

Comment

We are completely out of the draft qb market people. We haven’t cut Siemian yet though I expect to.

But Elway won’t carry Keenum, #5 qb, Lynch and Kelly.

Lynch dead cap hit is still too high. So the only way we still draft high is if we find a suitable trade partner for Lynch. And I don’t believe there is a market for Lynch at all at his third year cap price.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBsince83 View Post
                      I sure hope its a short term deal and we get Rosen or Mayfield in the draft. Keenum had what, a 9-15 record prior to last year? I kind of expect he will be on a short leash from the fans perspective especially if we draft Rosen or Mayfield.
                      Remember that was under Jeff Fisher and he has a habit of having his QBs underperform i.e Foles, Bradford.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well this sucks. We just bought a one year wonder. Overpaid for a qb that was carried by a good team.

Nothing to be excited about for next year already. Sigh.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                          Well this sucks. We just bought a one year wonder. Overpaid for a qb that was carried by a good team.

Nothing to be excited about for next year already. Sigh.
                          Or perhaps we have found our mistake free qb who’s contract will not cripple the rest of the roster.
                          sigpic

Comment

So excited sigh

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Thank the gods we weren't dumb enough to shell out 30+ mil/yr for Cousins.

I think this is a great move considering there's no true number one/two QB in the draft this year (none of them look like future all pros to me). Now we can trade down in the draft to acquire more pics or pick at 5 the BPA (Chubb or Nelson or Barkley maybe).

If we get the kinda production out of Case that he dropped last year, and he looked really good, with the pieces we can add through the draft and the Capital left now that we've passed on Cousins; we can be right back in it next year.
                              sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                              Sig by: MHS

Comment

Working...
                              X