Case Keenum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Right. A balanced offense seems the best approach for Denver this year. It can mitigate an opponent's strong pass rush. From the first step of the O-Line, the D can tell if the play is run/PAP or pass/Draw. If about half the plays are run and half the pass plays are PAP, three out of every four plays look like runs to the D. Every decent defense wants to stop the run and if a team has a good rushing attack, it makes the D bite on run action pretty hard. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Boot especially off of Outside Zone/Stretch. That's another way to diminish a strong pass rush.

It will be interesting to see which style of rushing attack will be used. I hope it's a mix between angle and zone. I remember Musgrave using six O-Linemen occasionally when he was in Oakland. We might see unbalanced line as well. Oakland carried Fullbacks(s) on their roster in 2015/16, so I would guess that Andy Janovich makes the roster. That may indicate angle blocked run plays will be used.
    A good example of this is when Brock started vs the Raiders, Khalil Mack new we were going to run the ball and was destroying our tackles off the snap ( because he is just a lot stronger faster player), Manning when stepped in a few weeks later vs SD showed his experience and called a couple run audibles to the right side making the edge defender question run or pass. Doesn’t seem like much but it definitely gives the oline a fighting chance vs a superior athlete one on one. Also shows what a veteran Qb can do for an oline.
    As usual Sam great insight!
    sigpic

Comment

• #51: Case Keenum (QB, Broncos) | Top 100 Players of 2018 | NFL

Fine... if you folks won't post it, I will,

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...e-Keenum-No-51

On NFL.com
      "Keenum's ascension was one of the best stories from 2017, but even with his stellar campaign, his first-time entry in the Top 100 at No. 51 is stunning. Minnesota's offense was a well-oiled machine with Keenum at the controls, outplaying all expectations in relief duty after starter Sam Bradford missed the majority of the season due to injury. The Vikings didn't miss a beat with the crafty Keenum, who was reliably sharp as the starter, enough to earn him a new contract with the Denver Broncos. Even with his excellent 2017, a second appearance inside the Top 60 would be surprising."

NOW HAVE WORDS!
      Last edited by Zealander; 05-24-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zealander View Post
        Fine... if you folks won't post it, I will,

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...e-Keenum-No-51

On NFL.com
        "Keenum's ascension was one of the best stories from 2017, but even with his stellar campaign, his first-time entry in the Top 100 at No. 51 is stunning. Minnesota's offense was a well-oiled machine with Keenum at the controls, outplaying all expectations in relief duty after starter Sam Bradford missed the majority of the season due to injury. The Vikings didn't miss a beat with the crafty Keenum, who was reliably sharp as the starter, enough to earn him a new contract with the Denver Broncos. Even with his excellent 2017, a second appearance inside the Top 60 would be surprising."

NOW HAVE WORDS!
        Well, I guess the words would be that you do not make the NFL top 100 without being a very special player. Most players get better with experience both in the NFL and in a particular system. No player succeeds at QB, or the opposite side of that without having very solid supporting staff. The superstar QBs that have won championships for us started out badly, in fact the QB with the most early career success with the Broncos is hated by a large sector of the posters here.

Keenum only once in his career got the chance to play as the starter and with the full hopes and support of the team, and in that chance/stability he excelled. Why in the world should we assume that more experience, a club that sees hem as the guy we put our hopes on, would end up giving a worse result?

Broncos are building a team around Case Keenum, and in Minnesota it was build around Sam Bradford. Where things will end none of us know, but I see parallels to the Jake Plummer situation and in part to the Tebow time, where the team had a solid leader and the team stepped up. Elway before TD and Manning from 2012-2014 were the QB + minions, whereas both Jake and Tim led teams that would bite and scratch for every foot. Case seemed to be that in Minnesota, and I sure hope we see that here!

Comment

• Something else to notice

Carr and Rivers were both on the same episode. Case was rated higher by his peers then Carr and Rivers..
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Noticed

Ten

Comment

• I care less about which position he is at, I care more that his peers recognized him. In my opinion, peer recognition means a lot!
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
              X