Broncos 3rd place im guessing again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos 3rd place im guessing again.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer. I just got some new Broncos gear for cheap. Yet, I do not see any pieces filled unless we have a phenomenal draft. I still think VJ was bad to keep around and now we have to rely on the Draft. If we can stay healthy we might be in the mix but all the other teams in our division are making major moves and we go a cb who i dont trust and a qb that can be benched. Just my 2 cents what does everybody else think?

Its just my opinion and any logical explanations I will respond to.

Offseason has barely begun.

Really all we need to do to improve to 8-8 or 9-7 is to stop throwing interceptions at our own 15 yard line every game.
    sigpic

Comment

The good news is the division has not gotten a lot better in my opinion.
      The Raiders got a new coach who knows offense, but they need to fix their defense,
      the Chiefs now have new Qb who I believe will do what Alex Smith rarely did and that is turn the ball over, they also lost a great CB in Marcus Peters.
      The Chargers didn't get better, but didn't get worse.
      We got better at Qb, who will keep us in games, maybe even get us a lead so our defense can create turnovers.

The bad news, we still have Vance Joseph at coach, and he didn't give us a lot to be excited about. (Hopefully the addition of Gary Kubiak will be of some help for him.)

I"m planning a trip out to Denver in January just yet, but I am excited and confident we will improve.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        The good news is the division has not gotten a lot better in my opinion.
        The Raiders got a new coach who knows offense, but they need to fix their defense,
        the Chiefs now have new Qb who I believe will do what Alex Smith rarely did and that is turn the ball over, they also lost a great CB in Marcus Peters.
        The Chargers didn't get better, but didn't get worse.
        We got better at Qb, who will keep us in games, maybe even get us a lead so our defense can create turnovers.

The bad news, we still have Vance Joseph at coach, and he didn't give us a lot to be excited about. (Hopefully the addition of Gary Kubiak will be of some help for him.)

I"m planning a trip out to Denver in January just yet, but I am excited and confident we will improve.
        I respect your honesty. I do agree with you on most parts. You actually seem more logical than most people. What would you do with the overall pick?

Comment

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
          I respect your honesty. I do agree with you on most parts. You actually seem more logical than most people. What would you do with the overall pick?
          I think with what we have invested at Qb (Keenum, 1st rd pick in Lynch, and a 7th in Kelly) we should go BPA, and don't think the Qbs in this draft are top 5 players.
          From Elway's past he probably goes defense (Chubb), but he has said we gotta fix the offense,
          Barkley would give us a new image like Elliot did for Dallas.
          Nelson is a boring pick but gives us a day one starter and another nasty O-lineman to go with Leary & Bolles.
          I love Tremaine Edmunds and Roquan Smith, having a LB who can cover TE's and Rb's again like Trevethan would be huge.
          I like Fitzpatrick at Safety/CB but Elway doesn't draft ILB's early or Alabama players.

Gonna be interesting.
          sigpic

Comment

However, the Chargers and Raiders will impose the run. We better be stout up front. No more Miller goes wide every down. 8 In the box, watch out deep. The Chiefs will be all out attack, so we need speed on the back end. Can't stack the box we will need a nickel base. If we don't shore up MLB we are done. If we don't find depth at S we are done. We can best Gruden Reid and Lynn. They've done nothing major on D at all. We are going to remember who we are. Last year we underperformed, this year brings real potential to be much better. Just need ball hawks.
            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
              However, the Chargers and Raiders will impose the run. We better be stout up front. No more Miller goes wide every down. 8 In the box, watch out deep. The Chiefs will be all out attack, so we need speed on the back end. Can't stack the box we will need a nickel base. If we don't shore up MLB we are done. If we don't find depth at S we are done. We can best Gruden Reid and Lynn. They've done nothing major on D at all. We are going to remember who we are. Last year we underperformed, this year brings real potential to be much better. Just need ball hawks.
              We were solid vs the run last year, losing Peko, and Wolfe was tough down the stretch. We brought back Todd Davis to stuff the run. Gotsis was really good vs the run but he may not be back, Harris or Kerr will need to fill the spot.
              sigpic

Comment

If we brought in Sly, Ayers, and Decker on the cheap, trade for Cravens, trade 5 for 21 22, land maybe Vander Esch and Hernandez, we could be laughing. Just keep your head up, we are In a good place.

Comment

I just wish Miller would stop just going wide on every play. Would work if someone watched the play behind him. How many times did we see Miller go free and QB just dump it over him?

Comment

Todd Davis is Joe Mays 2.0.

Comment

I think Chubb, Barkley and Fitz would be better for the Broncos then any of the QBs. A rookie QB isn't going to play this year. I love having a top 5 Def. One that takes over games. It's tough to play lights out when the playoffs aren't within reach. But this def. will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                        Todd Davis is Joe Mays 2.0.
                        Completely agree. We got so much better defensively when Elway’s man-crush with that “thumper” ended. Davis does not complement Marshall. DannyT was the perfect compliment and is another example of letting our own players just walk for no reason. There’s zero reason why he wasn’t re-signed prior to 2015. Now we’re going on three season without replacing the talent.
                        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          Completely agree. We got so much better defensively when Elway’s man-crush with that “thumper” ended. Davis does not complement Marshall. DannyT was the perfect compliment and is another example of letting our own players just walk for no reason. There’s zero reason why he wasn’t re-signed prior to 2015. Now we’re going on three season without replacing the talent.
                          This class of ilb Reminds me of when we needed to replace Mays and Matthews, Cushing, Laurinitas were on the board and we opted for none. I still have nightmares about that draft.

Comment

Actually as I try to think back that far, we missed on Lbs and let Woodyard and Williams walk, then got stuck until Trev and Marshall Showed up. Mays was In the middle there. We got Knowshon and Alphonso Smith. Lol.
                            Last edited by conannilsen; 03-18-2018, 01:41 AM. Reason: Bad typing skills

Comment

Im probably one of the only person here. But I absolutely do not want Elway to draft another qb. If we get another VM type player I will be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X