2013 Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
    That safety in the beginning of the game probably hurt more than anything. Its hard to over come something like that. Plus rewatching it i noticed we were going down the field nicely on a few occasions but penalties stalled the drive. Maybe we get a couple TDs out of that and out moral goes up

I honestly think Fox didnt prepare us very well for the game. Too many penalties, an early safety, too jittery, etc. Just wasnt our day
    The safety wasn't that bad. The play that was most impactful was the first pass where Kam Chancellor destroyed Demaryius Thomas. Our receivers were scared the rest of the game, and their DBs smelled blood. The second most important play was the Percy Harvin kick return at the beginning of the second half. We were a second half team all year, and we could have come back from 22-0. But when Harvin made it 29-0, it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      The Broncos had some key players on IR for Super Bowl XLVIII: Ryan Clady; Dan Koppen; Lerentee McCray; Von Miller; Rahim Moore; Kevin Vickerson.

Adam Gase and Peyton Manning were calling a pass heavy offense (65% pass) and the SB was played in MetLife Stadium in sub-freezing weather IIRC. Alex Gibbs got visibly angry with Gase on the sideline for not slowing the game down and running the ball more. I think that was the end of Gibbs' relationship with the Denver Broncos.

Seems to me that no matter how the rules are changed, the center of gravity of the game is: run the ball; stop the run; establish optimum FP. It's a winning formula that travels well on the road and helps to overcome foul weather.
      And Wolfe and Chris Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
        The safety wasn't that bad. The play that was most impactful was the first pass where Kam Chancellor destroyed Demaryius Thomas. Our receivers were scared the rest of the game, and their DBs smelled blood. The second most important play was the Percy Harvin kick return at the beginning of the second half. We were a second half team all year, and we could have come back from 22-0. But when Harvin made it 29-0, it was over.
        Yep, poor decision by the STC to pooch kick it and give them a chance to return, and a poor decision by Jacob Tamme who left his lane and tried to loop around. Marvin went straight through that hole. You hate to blame anything on one player, but if Tamme stays in his lane there that play probably doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
          And Wolfe and Chris Harris.
          Right you are. Thought I missed someone or in this case, sometwo. Clady, Koppen, McCray, Miller, Moore, Wolfe and Harris unavailable. That kind of quality attrition is very difficult to overcame.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
            That safety in the beginning of the game probably hurt more than anything. Its hard to over come something like that. Plus rewatching it i noticed we were going down the field nicely on a few occasions but penalties stalled the drive. Maybe we get a couple TDs out of that and out moral goes up

I honestly think Fox didnt prepare us very well for the game. Too many penalties, an early safety, too jittery, etc. Just wasnt our day
            That was a cluster and, unfortunately, is on Manning.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
              I think the 2012 Broncos were the best of the Manning era... The SB loss to Seattle doesn't hurt nearly as bad to me as the loss to Baltimore in the playoffs the year before.
              Yep...Screw Joe Flacco and his "I can only throw hail marys" gameplan.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                If memory serves me correctly, we had an EXTREMELY screen heavy offense. Seattle just keyed off on the screens and we didn't have anything else to throw at them. The '13 team was definitely overrated.

I'm very curious if they have those passing stats divided for that year. How many of those yards were actually in the air vs. screens/YAC. I'd bet at least 70% were YAC.
                Of DT's 1,430 yards, 718 was yards after catch. He averaged 7.8 YAC per reception.

As a team, we had 2,705 YAC out of 5,444 yards.

So yes, we had a hell of a lot of YAC, not 70%, closer to 50%, but that's still an awful lot of YAC.
                sigpic

Comment

I didn't know we would get dominated by Seattle in the superbowl. I thought Seattle wasn't going to be easy though. The Seattle Denver preseason game earlier that year told me a lot about Seattle's d line. Hard to judge teams in the preseason but if you saw and remember that game you'll know what I'm talking about. The starters were smashed that preseason game.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    I’m not over the Baltimore loss or the Jacksonville loss in 96! ..... that one still hurts 22 years later!
                    I've got the dates of the Jacksonville loss, Baltimore loss, and SB 48 loss tattooed on my arm, along with the day Darrent was killed... With the quote "Only in defeat do we learn to appreciate victory" and the dates of SB 32, 33, the Tebow playoff game, and SB 50 underneath...
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Working...
                    X