Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5-11 Isn't Bad for a First Year Head Coach

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5-11 Isn't Bad for a First Year Head Coach

    I know expectations were high for Vance Joseph, but he was a completely new head coach, with no experience what so ever. So a 5-11 season start for him isn't bad at all. I believe we'll improve from that, maybe this year we go 8-8, and further down the line, we'll likely make the playoffs in the next two or three years.

    What do you think?

  • #2
    McDummy went 8-8 his first year. Then 4-8 and got fired.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      It's not just the record, but how we lost those games. 4 losses by 20+ points, 4x more than the Cleveland Browns. 8 straight losses. The Broncos had not gone through 7 straight losses since 1967, so last season was historically bad. You can blame the quarterbacks and they were a big part of the problem, but the offense was poorly managed with a massive, complex playbook, too many passing attempts, too many formations with 3 wide receivers and that falls on the head coach, who is supposed to coach the coordinators.

      Rookies like DeMarcus Walker and De'Angelo Henderson were extremely mismanaged by the coaching staff. Derek Wolfe himself said the new defense did not put the players in the best position to be successful and that was one of the reasons why Aqib Talib wanted to leave. I have no confidence in this head coach and I don't expect him to last much longer. This is a tough league with a lot of great coaches designing great games and we are falling behind.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the way you measure things revolves around the fact that we looked like more than a 5 and 11 team. I think 7 and 9 would have made more sense.

        He was new to the team and all, but he made a lot of mistakes, and I am not sure he endeared himself to all of the players.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I think the way you measure things revolves around the fact that we looked like more than a 5 and 11 team. I think 7 and 9 would have made more sense.

          He was new to the team and all, but he made a lot of mistakes, and I am not sure he endeared himself to all of the players.
          "You are what your record says you are" -Bill Parcells
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
            I know expectations were high for Vance Joseph, but he was a completely new head coach, with no experience what so ever. So a 5-11 season start for him isn't bad at all. I believe we'll improve from that, maybe this year we go 8-8, and further down the line, we'll likely make the playoffs in the next two or three years.

            What do you think?
            We played in the Superbowl, AND WON, 2 short years ago. If we go 8-8 this season, I'm quite certain that John Elway will see it as a complete failure. In the NFL, there is no such thing as a "rebuild", hoping that you win a year or two or three, down the road. Similarly, if we Draft a QB with the 5th Pick next week, Paxton Lynch's job with the Broncos is very likely over. There is no patience in this league for a QB that may begin to get it after a few years, UNLESS they show some signs of success. Paxton Lynch has shown no such "signs". This is a "win now" league, and if you can't carry the weight, you are out.

            As to Vance Joseph's future, there's been some things said on these Boards about Joseph that I find to be .................... absurd, at best. But, just like with the QB situation, if a Coach can't get up to speed, immediately, then he is out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              "You are what your record says you are" -Bill Parcells
              That's only true of other teams, unless my team is having a good year......

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                We played in the Superbowl, AND WON, 2 short years ago. If we go 8-8 this season, I'm quite certain that John Elway will see it as a complete failure. In the NFL, there is no such thing as a "rebuild", hoping that you win a year or two or three, down the road. Similarly, if we Draft a QB with the 5th Pick next week, Paxton Lynch's job with the Broncos is very likely over. There is no patience in this league for a QB that may begin to get it after a few years, UNLESS they show some signs of success. Paxton Lynch has shown no such "signs". This is a "win now" league, and if you can't carry the weight, you are out.

                As to Vance Joseph's future, there's been some things said on these Boards about Joseph that I find to be .................... absurd, at best. But, just like with the QB situation, if a Coach can't get up to speed, immediately, then he is out.

                With the one exception to the bolded being the Browns. They are eternally in rebuild mode.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
                  I know expectations were high for Vance Joseph, but he was a completely new head coach, with no experience what so ever. So a 5-11 season start for him isn't bad at all. I believe we'll improve from that, maybe this year we go 8-8, and further down the line, we'll likely make the playoffs in the next two or three years.

                  What do you think?
                  He should have been fired now we all get to wish/hope that is really wasn't the coaching
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    With the one exception to the bolded being the Browns. They are eternally in rebuild mode.
                    LOL Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as I typed it. But with all the moves Cleveland has made, I can't help but think there will be a lot of disappointment amongst their fans if they aren't "competitive" at the very least. AND possibly making the Playoffs!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The team was weak at soooo many positions.

                      There has to be something to coach, with the major upgrade at QB and hopefully O-line the gloves are off. If the team is tanking at midseason Joseph goes through the one way door.
                      [sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
                        I know expectations were high for Vance Joseph, but he was a completely new head coach, with no experience what so ever. So a 5-11 season start for him isn't bad at all. I believe we'll improve from that, maybe this year we go 8-8, and further down the line, we'll likely make the playoffs in the next two or three years.

                        What do you think?
                        its actually terrible considering the talent this team had last season

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Its not the 5-11, it the the amount of blow outs. We had more than double the amount of blow put than the Browns.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Elway kept VJ around to have someone to blame after yet another bad draft.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
                              What do you think?
                              I think the Broncos played like crap last year. A lot. They looked unprepared and they made a lot of mistakes during the games. The Defensive scheme seemed OK and the Defensive players did an OK job when the games were still on the line. But the Offense couldn't get out of its own way. At times they seemed to run the ball effectively but after the early bye week they couldn't pass the ball with any consistency no matter who played QB. And of course Special Teams chimed in with timely goofs to kill games as well. We were a bad team that played poorly. So, no, I don't think it wasn't bad. It was bad.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X