5-11 Isn't Bad for a First Year Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    I'm 50 myself and remember that/those commercials...

Ohhhh.....it's pePPer!? I been singing it wrong all these years!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      Ohhhh.....it's pePPer!? I been singing it wrong all these years!
      What did you think it was?
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        What did you think it was?

sigpic

Comment

See?

Now we are all having fun,

Don't you think?

YAAAAY, peace! love! vance joseph! Superbowls!

Girls!

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post

????????????????

No way Rancid, do you live under a rock?

Comment

He looked great as a coach pre-season and early season.

I still say we intentionally tanked lol.

Comment

It was a terrible season and glad it’s in the past. The combination of coaching, turnovers and poor overall play with three quarterbacks and contributed.

I don’t know how much VJ has learned. We’ll have to see the execution and results improve to judge. If Keenum, running backs and punt/kick returners minimize turnovers then the Broncos will have a better chance of winning.

During an interview at the combine, VJ made a comment that indicated he hasn’t leaned from his mistakes and he is not a decisive leader. When asked about the turnovers with McKenzie he said Jordan Taylor came in and proved he could be the returner, that he wasn’t flashy but got the job done. He said Jordan earned the right to be the starter (aside from hip surgery). VJ followed by saying they would see what happens in training camp and would make it a competition. He literally said Jordan earned the starting job and turned around to say McKenzie would have a shot to get the job. Complete nonsense. When a player earns the job then stick with it until he proves otherwise.

If the Broncos improve I think it will be because of players like Keenum with better play calling from Musgrave.

Comment

What happened to, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."? Well, it's broke.

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoSum View Post
                    What happened to, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."? Well, it's broke.
                    It was broken last season. Now it’s a new season. Elway and the Broncos have made moves to improve the roster in free agency starting with Case Keenum. The draft is just over 24 hours out and we have a great opportunity at #5 (or trade) along with the other picks. The league churns every season with teams that fall and those that improve. Time will tell however I don’t think it’s broken because we have to see how the Broncos play.

Comment

Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
                      I know expectations were high for Vance Joseph, but he was a completely new head coach, with no experience what so ever. So a 5-11 season start for him isn't bad at all. I believe we'll improve from that, maybe this year we go 8-8, and further down the line, we'll likely make the playoffs in the next two or three years.

What do you think?
                      I think the players basically gave up hope during the season, which is about as bad as it can get for a team. VJ looked utterly lost on the sidelines. You would be hard pressed to find something in that ugly mess that would give you hope that VJ might end up being a good coach.

My read is that he has the job partly because he's a buddy of the FO boys. Even those personal relationships aren't going to save him if the team gets off to a poor start.I think he almost has to make the playoffs this year, or at least be in the mix right until the end, in order to survive.

Comment

I will say it'll be a heck of an offseason if we get of to a poor start with the offseason improvements... Just musing.... Something about this feels right...

Comment

Working...
                        X