Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chubb!!

Nothing wrong with that!!

NC State is my school, and watching Chubb the past two years has been pure joy. He has that ability to get around the corner low to the ground and to the QB, and when its a run, he sheds blocks and wraps up. Very pleased with this pick. Chubb also plays a mental game on the field with QB's. Gets in their heads. Keeps taking their towels after the play is over. But the guy delivered game in and game out.
    Plus he will get to hit a fellow Wolfpacker twice a season with the Chargers Philip Rivers. Ahhh alumni reunions.

Comment

Someone help explain the #5 pick

Why, in god's name, do we select ANOTHER defensive player?

Hear me out...

So we have an inept offensive line, questionable quarterback situation, and aging wide receivers.

Can someone please explain to me how strengthening the defense help offensive turnovers and constant pressure? Or been playing behind for the past year and a half?

I understand BPA but in our situation this is like getting another seriously legit tire when the engine is still sputtering and rusting quick.

I'm open to debate, but this pick was bad. Another great tire doesn't fix the engine... if you catch my drift, no pun intended.

Thoughts?

Comment

We won the SB with Von coming from one direction and Ware from the other.
        I don't think teams worry too much about Shane Ray.

Comment

We preferred to grab someone that was supposed to be a great player from this draft. We do not care that we have the best pass rusher in the game, as well as 2 very good pass rushers. We only wanted Chubb.

We could have traded down with bills for extra 1st and 2nd. AND GOT VITEA VEA.

Such a stupid way for this to play out. At least we didn't get Josh Allen.

Comment

I don't think anyone disagrees with your logic, but understand that an opportunity came up to get Von Miller 2.0 making the Broncos almost impossible to pass on. Get ready to jump off your couch at all the sacks this season.

They will probably pick up Hernandez a little later and maybe a RB in the 3rd.
            sigpic

Comment

between Von, Chubb and Ray, we should have a legitimate pass rush again. That formula won a SB. I'm ok with this pick,
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                I don't think anyone disagrees with your logic, but understand that an opportunity came up to get Von Miller 2.0 making the Broncos almost impossible to pass on. Get ready to jump off your couch at all the sacks this season.

They will probably pick up Hernandez a little later and maybe a RB in the 3rd.
                but what is the point when you run the ball when we're down? what weapons do we have to open the field outside the numbers? it just doesn't make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  between Von, Chubb and Ray, we should have a legitimate pass rush again. That formula won a SB. I'm ok with this pick,
                  that's when we had #18. we don't have that anymore. we were at least able to put up points back then. we still have offensive supbar play.

Comment

Originally posted by pepesilvia View Post
                    Why, in god's name, do we select ANOTHER defensive player?

Hear me out...

So we have an inept offensive line, questionable quarterback situation, and aging wide receivers.

Can someone please explain to me how strengthening the defense help offensive turnovers and constant pressure? Or been playing behind for the past year and a half?

I understand BPA but in our situation this is like getting another seriously legit tire when the engine is still sputtering and rusting quick.

I'm open to debate, but this pick was bad. Another great tire doesn't fix the engine... if you catch my drift, no pun intended.

Thoughts?

Bradley Chubb helps Von Miller. Defense wins championships. No need to divide the quarterback room with another 1st round QB. Offensive line is still questionable, I agree. The engine you speak of was the quarterback, and we replaced Trevor with Case. The only real concern I have is at the third slot wr postion.

Comment

that's when we had #18. we don't have that anymore. we were at least able to put up points back then. we still have offensive supbar play.
                      Honestly, the majority of the defenses ownage was when Brent Oswhooper was starting. We couldn't score in the SB or playoffs either
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Do you honestly not think Keenum can provide at least similar performance to old, broken down 2015 Manning? The defense 100% carried that team and won in spite of the offense, not because of it.

There are still a lot of picks Denver has yet to make in this draft. I'm sure the offense will get some new players too.

Comment

#18 was terrible that year.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            Honestly, the majority of the defenses ownage was when Brent Oswhooper was starting. We couldn't score in the SB or playoffs either
                            for a few games. not all 16. the locker room knew #18 was coming back, so the inspiration was still there. coming off of two crap seasons, the locker room is deflated -- i know i would be. i just don't understand how this helps the offense -- which is the glaring weakness -- to score more points.

Comment

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                              #18 was terrible that year.
                              more terrible than siemian and lynch?

Comment

Working...
                              X