• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBBronco1
    replied
    Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    No they weren’t.

Simmons was getting meaningful snaps his rookie year, Gostis showed promise in some games but we knew he was raw and needed to be develoed. Booked for snaps too he just couldn’t stay healthy.

Brandon Langley was not a capabale professional, neither was Walker, Mckenzie for large stretchs and a few others.

Last years class was trash.

I think Carlos and Bolles will be fine tho and maybe McKenzie
    Don't forget that Walker was told to lose weight to move to OLB, which was monumentally stupid. Him, Bolles, Butt, D. Henderson, and maybe even Kelly have good shots to be good contributors from last year's haul. However, McKenzie, Langley, and C. Henderson are trash, and they have no business making this team.

Leave a comment:

• Champ>NFL
    replied
    No they weren’t.

Simmons was getting meaningful snaps his rookie year, Gostis showed promise in some games but we knew he was raw and needed to be develoed. Booked for snaps too he just couldn’t stay healthy.

Brandon Langley was not a capabale professional, neither was Walker, Mckenzie for large stretchs and a few others.

Last years class was trash.

I think Carlos and Bolles will be fine tho and maybe McKenzie

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Can't judge a draft a year one year in. 2016 is showing promise with Gotsis, McGovern, Booker, and Simmons looking like they may have a good shot at starting. Most of these guys were practically invisible their rookie year.

Leave a comment:

• Champ>NFL
    replied
    You should give up hope. Probably one of the worst drafts in Bronco history

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    I'm really excited to see what Kelly and Butt can do this season.

I'm also hoping that McKenzie and Henderson make big strides from last year.

This could be the foundation of a really competitive team.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Zealander View Post
    Is AJ Derby still on the team? I liked his play the most from our guys last year.
    Derby is long gone. He went to Miami to deliver Mike McCoy's playbook to Adam Gase.

Leave a comment:

• Zealander
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    At the TE position, this is what we will have for the 2018 season:

Jake Butt [2015 and 2016 Big Ten Tight End of the Year]

Troy Fumagalli [2017 Big Ten Tight End of the Year]

Jeff Heuerman has been underrated as one of the good blocking tight ends in the league, and his production as a receiver can go up with a quality QB, but Butt and Fumagalli are arriving on the field at the same time to provide a big boost at the position.
    Is AJ Derby still on the team? I liked his play the most from our guys last year.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    At the TE position, this is what we will have for the 2018 season:

Jake Butt [2015 and 2016 Big Ten Tight End of the Year]

Troy Fumagalli [2017 Big Ten Tight End of the Year]

Jeff Heuerman has been underrated as one of the good blocking tight ends in the league, and his production as a receiver can go up with a quality QB, but Butt and Fumagalli are arriving on the field at the same time to provide a big boost at the position.

Leave a comment:

• aditheman
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Because of injuries and other factors many of our rookies didn't play or get much of a chance last year, which makes it almost like a double draft this year.

Carlos Henderson - Missed the entire year with an injury. Had issues with drops and not knowing the playbook earlier and these could be connected. I don't believe he had drop issues in college? Musgrave's playbook instead of McCoy's complicated playbook could be a big help to Henderson. Many draft gurus praised our picking him last year.

Butt - Missed all of last year with an injury. He should be back this year. Was considered a high draft pick before he got hurt.

Chad Kelly - Missed all of last year. Other than injuries, IMO he compares with Baker Mayfield. Mayfield's college team had more success, but also had a lot more offensive talent than Chad's. I also think other than injuries and attitude, based on just talent that Kelly compares well with second day QBs like Falk and Rudolph. Having another year or two behind Keenum to heal even more and mature could be just what he needs.

Hop Henderson - Showed flashes when given a chance in preseason and in limited time in the regular season. I feel good about him as a change of pace back. Just needs to work on pass protection.

McKenzie - The fumbles/muffs are an obvious issue. But there have been other players that have overcome fumbling. I think some forget that he was in the Top 3 or so in the first few weeks of the season for punt returns before the fumbling issue because a problem. I understand being skeptical, but I don't understand totally writing him off.

If two of these guys can make solid contributions on offense, I think we'll be in pretty good shape and I think there's a pretty good chance we'll get at least two of them to be good players.

Let's also not forget that D. Walker was asked to drop a lot of weight and to play out of position, a lot to ask for a rookie. IMO, he's also another draft pick from last year that never got a real chance to show what he can do. If he can play up to expectations at his natural position, our pass rush will be scary.
    I said it last year when they were drafted and I will double down this year : Carlos Henderson and McKenzie are busts.

I will be proved right. They should be cut as they are dead weight.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Because of injuries and other factors many of our rookies didn't play or get much of a chance last year, which makes it almost like a double draft this year.

Carlos Henderson - Missed the entire year with an injury. Had issues with drops and not knowing the playbook earlier and these could be connected. I don't believe he had drop issues in college? Musgrave's playbook instead of McCoy's complicated playbook could be a big help to Henderson. Many draft gurus praised our picking him last year.

Butt - Missed all of last year with an injury. He should be back this year. Was considered a high draft pick before he got hurt.

Chad Kelly - Missed all of last year. Other than injuries, IMO he compares with Baker Mayfield. Mayfield's college team had more success, but also had a lot more offensive talent than Chad's. I also think other than injuries and attitude, based on just talent that Kelly compares well with second day QBs like Falk and Rudolph. Having another year or two behind Keenum to heal even more and mature could be just what he needs.

Hop Henderson - Showed flashes when given a chance in preseason and in limited time in the regular season. I feel good about him as a change of pace back. Just needs to work on pass protection.

McKenzie - The fumbles/muffs are an obvious issue. But there have been other players that have overcome fumbling. I think some forget that he was in the Top 3 or so in the first few weeks of the season for punt returns before the fumbling issue because a problem. I understand being skeptical, but I don't understand totally writing him off.

If two of these guys can make solid contributions on offense, I think we'll be in pretty good shape and I think there's a pretty good chance we'll get at least two of them to be good players.

Let's also not forget that D. Walker was asked to drop a lot of weight and to play out of position, a lot to ask for a rookie. IMO, he's also another draft pick from last year that never got a real chance to show what he can do. If he can play up to expectations at his natural position, our pass rush will be scary.
    Well said. I was thinking about the 2017 rookie class as part of this year...with the advantage of having a year experience with the Broncos.

It seems like a some point Carlos Henderson was improving nicely before the injury...can’ recall for sure. Hopefully he can make an impact.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    If we can land Hernandez tonight it will be like another first round pick as well.
    It's a deep draft slate this year, at least for the first 3 rounds. It's harder to miss than to hit.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    If we can land Hernandez tonight it will be like another first round pick as well.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    As the eternal optimist I see no cause beyond redemption. I can even see Isaiah McKenzie channelling his inner Jerry Rice to win us a few games.

Leave a comment:

• 16TheSnake
    replied
    NASCAR (3rd and long)

Miller - Walker - Wolfe - Chubb - Ray

Oh Myyyyyy - Takei

-GB2

Leave a comment:

• KAPA
    replied
    Yes, would love to see Kelly obviously beat out Lynch. Not sure how that helps our cap but unless Lynch really shows he is the better QB, we need to cut ties and move on.

On the flip side, if neither breaks away and commands the backup spot, I would be in favor of ditching both and looking for a veteran backup that has been around the block a few times.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X