Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josey Jewell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Josey Jewell

    I think I see shades of Paul Posluszny.
    Not quite as fast and explosive, but solid overall.
    He should at least be very good depth.

    If he can get stronger and take another step in honing his skills and techniques, I think he can become a decent to good starter in this defense.

    I was most impressed with his game against Penn St.
    He made a ton of play.
    I really like that he was able to bat a couple of balls at the LOS.

    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by 18Broncos; 04-28-2018, 12:18 PM. Reason: Name misspelled

  • #2
    Originally posted by 18Broncos View Post
    I think I see shades of Paul Posluszny.
    Not quite as fast and explosive, but solid overall.
    He should at least be very good depth.

    If he can get stronger and take another step in honing his skills and techniques, I think he can become a decent to good starter in this defense.

    I was most impressed with his game against Penn St.
    He made a ton of play.
    I really like that he was able to bat a couple of balls at the LOS.

    What do you guys think?
    He’s probdbly better than Brandon marshal right now..

    Comment


    • #3
      The NFL Network guys compared him to Chris Borland, so if you respect Mayock, DJ, Charles Davis, etc... that's a pretty exciting comparison. Hopefully he doesn't retire after winning Defensive Rookie of the Year though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by imahardkase View Post
        The NFL Network guys compared him to Chris Borland, so if you respect Mayock, DJ, Charles Davis, etc... that's a pretty exciting comparison. Hopefully he doesn't retire after winning Defensive Rookie of the Year though.
        seems very alike. there are some busts that i could compare him to also. in the end he is a high instinct lber who can either be really good. or not have the atheletic ability to compete in the nfl. only time will tell.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
          He’s probdbly better than Brandon marshal right now..
          Not a chance...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zealander View Post
            Not a chance...

            Marshall is terrible, so I would agree with his post. We currently have the worst starting ILBs in the league, I seriously hope Jewell can take one of their spots.

            Comment


            • #7
              A little disappointed we didn't get 1 of the big 4, but Jewell is pretty good pick. He was the leader and captain of his D,

              Great Value where we got him,
              2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

              Comment


              • #8
                Jewell worries me. He seems too small to rule the middle and seems to lack athleticism to keep up with RB's. He looks like he has a lot of drive and is motivated, but I worry he is a long-term solution.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Josey Jewell is a stud... the sky is the limit. Who cares how fast he is?

                  Danny Trevanth ran 4.82, but he was smart and could cover well.

                  Josey Jewell is going to be a STUD. As long as he gets time to develop he can be special
                  -Bronco in UT


                  While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

                  Helll of a post

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    Jewell worries me. He seems too small to rule the middle and seems to lack athleticism to keep up with RB's. He looks like he has a lot of drive and is motivated, but I worry he is a long-term solution.
                    How is he too small?🙄 How is he too slow🙄

                    You must not know Denver has kept undersized Lbers patrolling the middle for years and they’ve done well. 40 time is so overrated. If you don’t know where to be on the field it dosent matter.

                    We don’t run a Tampa 2, not like Jewel is going to have to drop 20 yards deep in coverage.


                    Danny Trevanth ran 4.82 and was undersized, Wesley woodyard was undersized, Al wilson...etc


                    It’s about whose willing to work the hardest and Jewell will.

                    He’s a Kirk Ferentz guy too. We are fortunate to have him
                    -Bronco in UT


                    While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

                    Helll of a post

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Is he a "Chris Borland" type linebacker? Or is he more of a "Mike Mohammed"? Only time on the field will tell.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Jewell reminds me of D'Qwell Jackson. He has a chance to be a solid interior LB, but doubt he is a "star" Jackson was similar weight and speed (230 4.78 40 at combine), but was really good at diagnosing plays. Jackson had a very solid 10 year career.
                        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Marshal was awful
                          Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                          Not a chance...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            Marshall is terrible, so I would agree with his post. We currently have the worst starting ILBs in the league, I seriously hope Jewell can take one of their spots.
                            No, Marshall has a terrible partner. So he can't do the things that he does best, because he's forced into the role that DannyT played for us. Give Marshall a solid partner at ILB and Marshall can play the way he played in 2014-2015. Part of our success from 2012 to 2015 were the great pairings that Elway seemed heck-bent on breaking up, and aside from one pairing (Doom/Von ---> Von/Ware), the talent and production was never replaced. Starting with Doom/Von, DT/ED, Wolfe/Jackson, DannyT/Marshall, Harris/Talib.

                            Jowey is a solid start to a new beginning. He and Marshall will make a great pairing.
                            #swapping

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                              Jewell worries me. He seems too small to rule the middle and seems to lack athleticism to keep up with RB's. He looks like he has a lot of drive and is motivated, but I worry he is a long-term solution.
                              That’s what marshall was supposed to do...he’s been mediocre lately
                              -Bronco in UT


                              While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

                              Helll of a post

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X