No announcement yet.

Josey Jewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think comparing Chris Borland to Jewell is fairly accurate ... he ran a 4.82 forty, 4.27 20 yd shuttle; both were the same as Jewell ... 5'11", he also had less than 30" arms! Borland was defensive rookie of the week in week 10 and was defensive player of the week in week 11, he made the all-rookie team too. He had 2 ints against Eli in week 11 as well.
    Jewell's measurable's are very similar to Borland's, actually Jewell is a little taller even and has longer arms... the potential is there.
    sigpic

Comment

IDK what Iowa's run D scheme is. They play 4-3 base alignment, but it could be either two-gap/funnel or one-gap/spill.

Denver has been playing one-gap/spill run D. If they continue with that, Jewell would have gap responsibility from ILB position. He might be involved in pursuit, but it would be inside out with Corner, Safeties and OLB responsible for edge to the boundary. I don't see anything in his scouting report that would cause concern for him playing in Denver's run D.

On pass defense, he would be asked to play either man or zone. If zone, it would mostly be underneath Hook/Curl, and he would need to take a drop, read receivers entering his zone and break on the ball. Man would be in Cover 1/0. In that coverage, defenders usually count outside in. If Jewell was on the split side of the formation with two WRs, RB on a wheel route might be his guy. That could be a problem. Might be best to have him on the tight side of the formation. If he was starting, he would probably come out when the nickel package was on the field.

A two down Backer with #106 in the 4th? We'll need to wait and see how he does. He was a three year starter for the Hawkeyes, so he has the football IQ to learn an NFL defense. He was a tackling machine tough guy in college.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        We don't have an elite ILB on this team, it's just how it is at the moment. That's a big reason we made getting Cravens a priority, to play as dime linebacker for the areas Davis and Marshall struggle in.
        ya i feel we may want him in nickle or ss once it is all said and done.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

40 times for Lbers 😂😂😂😂
          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Gotta dwell on the fact Jewell was the only ILB to have 0 passing TDs against. Tagetted 55 times (most in the NCAA) no TDs against. He will be fine out here.

This pick is getting me more excited by the day.
            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Working...
            X