Annual AFCW Champs Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual AFCW Champs Prediction

Take heed, Denver Bronco fans and faithful. We have had a great off-season.:lombardi:

Free agency put this team on track to win this year by fulfilling some major holes we had in the AFCW flagship, "The Denver Broncos.". The QB position has suffered a big up grade. We've got a high character guy leading the team again and he's got weapons. We took some hits, no doubt, losing Talib and Anderson created two major holes to be filled... those losses have attempted to be addressed with what looks like promising young talent. Hopefully our incomers can fill in and add some good play.

Judging from what has happened this off-season, I do not think the term, "soft" will apply to the level of play this year. Our draft seems to have provided a lot of young talent. From picking up he who is considered the greatest defensive player in the draft, but also picking up the all time leading rusher from an organization that has been an exceptional standout in producing top quality Running backs at the NFL level, aka "The Oregon Ducks". Royce Freeman, RB from Oregon is my pick for this years addition that can really establish a powerful identity for this offense. This bull of a running back has shown exceptional durability and vision. Many of the young men selected have also consistently shown durability through 4 year tenure at college and number of our incoming players have worn a "C" on their jersey. I like the interview quality coming from the incoming class. Seems like some bright minds. I am predicting the locker room is coming correct.

Watching the off-season continue to progress will be a lot of fun to see how we get down to a 53-man roster. There will be some real battles... I can't remember the last time I have seen such talent at the WR position for this organization.

The AFCW belongs to Denver. We will again have the clear stand out top defense in our division. With a return to a ground and pound run game complemented by great talent at the WR position- I think we have done enough this season to get right back up to leading the division, and becoming our regular perennial deep playoff threat.

What gets me is the hype of Phillip Rivers and the Chargers every year.

Yes, he's a good QB. But as I was watching the draft, they showed their history and he's won one playoff game since 2008 and the Chargers have won the AFCW only once (2009). One, one playoff game. One freaking playoff game in 10 years.

One playoff game since 2008? Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous. Yet every year the hype about Rivers is there. Why does his team suck every year?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

LaLa Land Chargers,

They just don't have history to make it in this league. Perennial punching bag, you know, one that hits you back now and then.

But look around the Division,

Gruden is going to drive the Las Vegas Raiders into the ground...

KC just handed their team over to a kiddo with a big arm. I think Mahomes is going to underwhelm in KC.

Denver, the most experienced, most veteran, most "been there" franchise in the division is the clear favorite to win this year.
      Last edited by Zealander; 04-28-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Lol case keenum is not gonna do anything close to last year

Denver 4-6 wins

Comment

I bleed orange and blue, but the chargers are going to win the AFCW.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

Yes, he's a good QB. But as I was watching the draft, they showed their history and he's won one playoff game since 2008 and the Chargers have won the AFCW only once (2009). One, one playoff game. One freaking playoff game in 10 years.

One playoff game since 2008? Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous. Yet every year the hype about Rivers is there. Why does his team suck every year?
            Originally posted by Gsam View Post
            History repeats itself Gsam.

Comment

And yet they haven't won the division in over 10 years.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

And yet they haven't won the division in over 10 years.
                On paper, they have the best team in the division. It kills me to say it, but i do believe they are primed to go deep this year.

Comment

Chargers are definitely contenders. Not sure I'd crown them just yet. All four teams have a legitimate shot on paper.

What I've seen from Gruden so far makes me pretty low on the Raiders, though.

Comment

On paper, they have the best team in the division. It kills me to say it, but i do believe they are primed to go deep this year.
                    The Chargers have looked great on paper for many years. They always find a way to screw the pooch on something or another.
                    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

How much will their paper matter when we sweep them this year?

Philip will have a wonderful view of the game from the perspective of face first in the turf. We're going to otherwise split his time between throwing picks and sitting on the bench helpless against a relentless mile high ground and pound football team.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d76d89605c20

Looking "good on paper" doesn't mean a thing on the field.

But, if you want to see what people are saying about the Draft by AFC teams, here's a link to one.

Comment

I know its not a popular take. I hate even saying it, but I try my best not to be a homer and look at things objectively.

Comment

In 2010 the Chargers finished number 1 in total offense (2nd in points for per game) and 1st in total defense (10th in points again) and finished 9-7, missing the playoffs.

This sums up the Rivers' era perfectly, great stats, nothing at all of value to show for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

This sums up the Rivers' era perfectly, great stats, nothing at all of value to show for it.
                              Very reminiscent of Dan Marino in this regard.

Comment

Working...
                              X