We're going to score points in 2018!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
    I believe this is where Kubiak continues his work and can give VJ the feedback he needs, because we all know that VJ does not have his ear to the ground and the whole world can see him doing a death march and talk about it in in all the media but VJ never seems to get a clue. It looks bad if Elway has to step in and point these issues out to VJ, but coming from Kubiak John knows he doesn't have to interfere because John trusts Gary. It may take a couple of years until VJ gets it figured out and Kubiak may not be needed as much but in the mean time, John has VJ covered. Now John can sleep at night.

No offense, but if our head coach has to have stuff pointed out to him, and if John doing it through Kubiak somehow, for no apparent reason makes you feel better... then you might want to just give up on the 2018 season and hope 2019 brings better fortune.

Comment

What 3rd year, 2nd year and rookie players have the best years?

With the exception of Riley Dixon (who was replaced with ex-Oakland punter King in the off season), we have all the 2016 and 2017 draft picks still on the roster. Sooooooo, adding in this year's draft haul, pick a player from each draft to have the best year of their compatriots, and knowing all of you talkative types, include the reasons why if you want.

2016: McGovern (OG). I think the easy pick would have been Simmons, or even Booker. You have to keep in mind, for the purpose of this exercise, they are ONLY competing with the other players in their own draft class. My gut says McGovern wins the RG spot and makes everyone forget Garcia was ever a starter on the O-line. I realize Garcia was Left Guard, but with the inspired (and correct) decision to move Leary back to Left Guard, that leaves the Right Guard spot vacant. McGoverns to earn and dominate.

2017: Jake Butt (TE). If I'm wrong, it'll probably be Bolles. I'd be happy with that. However, I think Butt, with almost no TE experience in front of him, could have a real shot at playing a huge roll in the offense. Especially if we employ more two TE sets. He has good hands, good speed, and great toughness over the middle.

2018: DaeSean Hamilton (WR). I know I know I know I know I know I know I know. Chubb is the easiest answer in the history of answers. I get it. But that would be boring. Hamilton has a shot at becoming our slot receiver, which, by the end of the year, could make him Keenum's go to on 3rd down. He's shifty and runs incredible routes, gets good separation and makes defenders look silly on double moves. I get that this is a competition that was over before it started, but as Shannon Sharpe once said, NEVER SAY NEVER!
      Last edited by Letswinplz77; 05-04-2018, 10:29 PM.
      All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

3rd year: I'm going to go out on a limb and say Paxton Lynch. I don't think he'll be the starter (obviously) but I think he surprises people and steps up this year and actually starts to look like an NFL quarterback.

2nd year: I'm going to say DeMarcus Walker. I think it's easiest for him to take a big step forward with Miller and Chubb pass rushing outside.

Rookie: Royce Freeman. I think he wins the starting job and makes everyone forget CJ Anderson

Alright now that I've cursed these 3 players, hopefully someone else spreads some magic to the rest and they all produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          3rd year: I'm going to go out on a limb and say Paxton Lynch. I don't think he'll be the starter (obviously) but I think he surprises people and steps up this year and actually starts to look like an NFL quarterback.

2nd year: I'm going to say DeMarcus Walker. I think it's easiest for him to take a big step forward with Miller and Chubb pass rushing outside.

Rookie: Royce Freeman. I think he wins the starting job and makes everyone forget CJ Anderson
          I think Freeman will turn some heads.

Alright now that I've cursed these 3 players, hopefully someone else spreads some magic to the rest and they all produce.

Consider the magic spread.
          Last edited by Rastic; 05-04-2018, 11:57 PM.

Comment

2016: Simmons, Now a veteran of the No Fly Zone, Justin emerges as a long term answer in the secondary. Two Picks to the house!

2017: Butt!!!, Watch 31 other teams face palm over this one for the next ten+ years Double digit TD's!

2018: Chubb, There is nothing boring about what this guy is going to do to O-lines all year long! 9 sacks and 5 forced fumbles! (Von gets 12)
            [sigpic

Comment

16: McGovern, Simmons, Booker
              17: Butt, Walker, Bolles
              18: Chubb, Freeman, Sutton
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

From the 2016 class, Justin Simmons and Connor McGovern will probably start. Depending on how things go for him legally, Gotsis might, too, or at least be in the DL rotation. Devontae Booker, Andy Janovich and Will Parks should be contributors. Jury is out on Paxton Lynch.

From the 2017 class, Garrett Bolles started last year and should again. DeMarcus Walker and Jake Butt have the opportunity to start or at least be major contributors. DeAngelo Henderson and Brendan Langley should contribute, too. I think Chad Kelly makes the team, but hope he isn't asked to contribute. I think Carlos Henderson and Isaiah McKenzie are on the bubble.

Of this year's rookies, the ones who seem like they have the best chance to get offensive/defensive snaps during the season are: Bradley Chubb; Courtland Sutton and Royce Freeman. Guys who may see the field as contributors especially on STs are: Isaac Yiadom, Josey Jewell, DaeSean Hamilton and Troy Fumagalli. Hard to say if Sam Jones, Keishawn Bierria or David Williams will make the roster or be on the PS.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                X