X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie expectations

So I was looking at the link below:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-5d35b6cec345

And noted a few names which I did not remember seeing slide through the main site here. Notably I saw a Tackle on the list and WOW is the guy enormous.

Andreas Knappe
    6ft8 350+ LBS

Does anyone know much about him? Waiting to see which other players we bring in to fill out the 90.

I don't know anything about him but I would think 350 would be a bit too large for a tackle that needs to be quick on their feet to beat the top edge rushers.

Though at 6 foot 8 he could still be fairly thin at 350.
    sigpic

Comment

Andreas Knappe, OT from Connecticut:

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprof...2017&genpos=OT

6'8 1/2", 311 pounds (2017 pro day measurements).

He's listed at 325 pounds by the Broncos.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/ro...6-6efd6382b793
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I don't know anything about him but I would think 350 would be a bit too large for a tackle that needs to be quick on their feet to beat the top edge rushers.

Though at 6 foot 8 he could still be fairly thin at 350.
        Apologies he is listed now at 325.. So at 6ft8 I'd say he is OK.

Comment

Penn State Wrs lately....

Allen Robinson....Chris Godwin.....

Desean Hamilton will be the next good one if we have a qb that can get him the ball. He’s got a great life story, great football story, hard worker, he runs crisp routes and his 50/50 ball skills are phenomenal. I’m probably more excited about him than the Sutton.

Penn State’s bread and butter is throwing contested balls to their Wrs in close coverage. I believe that has their Wrs more prepared to deal with NFL cover guys who challenge catches at a much higher level than in college.

Elway did so well this draft, so so so well.
          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

David Williams similar story to TD

David Williams has a similar background as TD. Both were respected recruits out of high school. Both transferred, both were backup RBs in college and both were late round picks of the Broncos. Kubiak is credited with finding TD, let's hope Williams is another find of Kube's.

Obligatory disclaimer for Net nit pickers: I'm not saying Williams is or will be TD. Only that there are some interesting similarities in their stories.

Comment

Loving This 'Concept' Helmet...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/346214290085325225

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                Allen Robinson....Chris Godwin.....

Desean Hamilton will be the next good one if we have a qb that can get him the ball. He’s got a great life story, great football story, hard worker, he runs crisp routes and his 50/50 ball skills are phenomenal. I’m probably more excited about him than the Sutton.

Penn State’s bread and butter is throwing contested balls to their Wrs in close coverage. I believe that has their Wrs more prepared to deal with NFL cover guys who challenge catches at a much higher level than in college.

Elway did so well this draft, so so so well.
                I truthfully can't believe DaeSean Hamilton was still available in the 4th round. He was easily the best route runner in the draft and was spectacular at the Senior Bowl; I didn't see him get adequately covered once in individual drills or in the game. Along with Sutton, Elway got two elite WR prospects who can learn from Demaryius & Emmanuel and likely contribute right away.

Comment

Originally posted by jakemillar View Post
                  I truthfully can't believe DaeSean Hamilton was still available in the 4th round. He was easily the best route runner in the draft and was spectacular at the Senior Bowl; I didn't see him get adequately covered once in individual drills or in the game. Along with Sutton, Elway got two elite WR prospects who can learn from Demaryius & Emmanuel and likely contribute right away.
                  Imo there were no elite WR prospects in this draft.

Comment

thats sick. I hope they use it.

Comment

Nope...nope...nope.

Comment

UDFAs anyone with a chance?

I put on the tapes of Jeff Holland.
                        He played OLB at Auburn.
                        How does this kid go undrafted?
                        He's got a great get off and can really run the arch.
                        A little of a flashback of VM as a prospect.
                        I think he can contribute as a situational pass rusher to keep all the guys fresh.
                        Any taker? Or I'm just being too optimistic?

Comment

Originally posted by 18Broncos View Post
                          I put on the tapes of Jeff Holland.
                          He played OLB at Auburn.
                          How does this kid go undrafted?
                          He's got a great get off and can really run the arch.
                          A little of a flashback of VM as a prospect.
                          I think he can contribute as a situational pass rusher to keep all the guys fresh.
                          Any taker? Or I'm just being too optimistic?
                          Same with Lowell.. these guys could have gone late in the 4th..

Comment

I was going to get to Lotulelei next.

Anyhow, here's a summary of Holland's game with videos attatched:
                            http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02...-jeff-holland/

Comment

Except for Jeff Holland, these UDFAs and the last three draft picks (#183, #217 and #226) seem like candidates for the PS which is not a bad thing for them. One or more may surprise. Holland might make a trade possible.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X