Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Rod-
    replied
    A good way to figure some of these UDFAs chances at this point, before any inlfuence of practices and games, is by looking at their signing bonuses. That will tell how much the team wanted that UDFA on the roster.

I believe Lindsay received one of the highest bonuses.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    ?

There were no double-digit numbers left to wear for their positions, they had no option other than take the single digits. I don't think it has anything to do with their chances of making the roster. I remember Eddie Royal wearing #3 during the 2008 training camp.

With #7, #18 and #44 retired, as well as #24 unofficially, some players have to go for the single digits.

UDFAs usually are the last ones to pick numbers, so it's a common thing.

#37 does not look great on Freeman, but it's a product of #24 not being available. A lot of players go for the #20's and only #28 might be available after roster cuts, unless they cut Jamal Carter.
    or surprise cuts like darrian steward or brandon langley.

but that may be also my potentially unless lindsay can win the returning gig or flashes in the camp or preseason i doubt he will be on the final roster. diarse also looks like a far cut but he may have talent. i feel both of those 2 will be pc material in the end.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 05-10-2018, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i love chubb being 55. i really don't like freemans 37 or yiadom 41. i kinda hope they get new ones ideallys in the 20ty when cuts are done.

looks like Lindsay marshall and darse are not expected on the roster.
    ?

There were no double-digit numbers left to wear for their positions, they had no option other than take the single digits. I don't think it has anything to do with their chances of making the roster. I remember Eddie Royal wearing #3 during the 2008 training camp.

With #7, #18 and #44 retired, as well as #24 unofficially, some players have to go for the single digits.

UDFAs usually are the last ones to pick numbers, so it's a common thing.

#37 does not look great on Freeman, but it's a product of #24 not being available. A lot of players go for the #20's and only #28 might be available after roster cuts, unless they cut Jamal Carter.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    rookie jersey number

OLB Bradley Chubb — 55
    WR Courtland Sutton — 14
    RB Royce Freeman — 37
    CB Isaac Yiadom — 41
    LB Josey Jewell — 47
    WR DaeSean Hamilton — 17
    TE Troy Fumagalli — 84
    OL Sam Jones — 70
    LB Keishawn Bierria — 40
    RB David Williams — 36
    RB Phillip Lindsay — 2
    DB Trey Marshall — 3
    WR John Diarse — 9
    OLB Jeff Holland — 46
    OT Leon Johnson — 63
    OL Austin Schlottmann — 71
    DL Lowell Lotulelei — 78
    WR Jimmy Williams — 85

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018...s-draft-picks/

i love chubb being 55. i really don't like freemans 37 or yiadom 41. i kinda hope they get new ones ideallys in the 20ty when cuts are done.

looks like Lindsay marshall and darse are not expected on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Henderson was, according to reports, slow at picking up the playbook. He also got hurt. So unless he's managed to excel and blossom I to a more mature young man then I see it as possible that he gets cut or traded.

t.

I can respect your reasons as to why, they make sense. Carlos though, like many rookie wr had his head spinning. If you heard the interviews he and chad kelly worked a lot on their own after practice. They were really high on him and he was a very very good wr and very productive. He had his hand issue and could not catch a cold. He also was a high (2nd?) pick. They are not going to give up on him because he tore some ligaments up in his hand. His big attribute is tracking down the ball and running like anquan boldin once he does get it.

DT, Sanders, Sutton, Carlos/Ham, Carlos/Ham, Taylor/mckenzie/bell/Nash <----although I think someone poached him from out PS last year.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    There is a lot of discussion about our draft class. I believe judging a draft class immediately after the draft class is designed primarily to keep the NFL fans engaged prior to OTAs. You really don't know how good a draft class is for two years. The first real milestone to judge a draft class is the end of training camp by assessing how many rookies (drafted or not) are #1 on the depth chart and demonstrating a solid understanding of scheme and their positional responsibilities.

That being said, after one year you get a pretty good idea. What do you all really expect from our draft picks this year? What would you consider a reasonable expectation for their performance where you would say they had a good year? Here is what I think is a reasonable over/under on performance based upon draft position:

Bradley Chubb: 16 games. Day 1 starter. 3-down player. 8 sacks, 15 Tackles for loss,

Courtland Sutton: 16 games. Day 1 starting Y receiver. 50 receptions. 600 yards. 5 TDs.

Royce Freeman: 16 games. #2 RB 500 yards. 4 TDs.

Isaiah Yiadom: 16 games. Battle for #1 nickel CB. 25 tackles. 1 INT.

Josey Jewell: 8 games. Third team ILB, special teams. 20 tackles.

DeSean Hamilton: 8 games. Third team WR. Special teams contribution. 8 receptions. 100 yards. 1 TD.

Troy Fumagalli: 12 games. Battle for Second team TE. 10 receptions. 100 yards. 1 TD.

Sam Jones: 2 games. Probably won't dress most games.

Kieshawn Bierria: 4 games. Probably won't dress most games.

David Williams: 2 games. Probably won't dress most games.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Hamilton has a far greater impact that Sutton this year and spends most of his time playing in the slot.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    There is a lot of discussion about our draft class. I believe judging a draft class immediately after the draft class is designed primarily to keep the NFL fans engaged prior to OTAs. You really don't know how good a draft class is for two years. The first real milestone to judge a draft class is the end of training camp by assessing how many rookies (drafted or not) are #1 on the depth chart and demonstrating a solid understanding of scheme and their positional responsibilities.

That being said, after one year you get a pretty good idea. What do you all really expect from our draft picks this year? What would you consider a reasonable expectation for their performance where you would say they had a good year? Here is what I think is a reasonable over/under on performance based upon draft position:

Bradley Chubb: 16 games. Day 1 starter. 3-down player. 8 sacks, 15 Tackles for loss,

Courtland Sutton: 16 games. Day 1 starting Y receiver. 50 receptions. 600 yards. 5 TDs.

Royce Freeman: 16 games. #2 RB 500 yards. 4 TDs.

Isaiah Yiadom: 16 games. Battle for #1 nickel CB. 25 tackles. 1 INT.

Josey Jewell: 8 games. Third team ILB, special teams. 20 tackles.

DeSean Hamilton: 8 games. Third team WR. Special teams contribution. 8 receptions. 100 yards. 1 TD.

Troy Fumagalli: 12 games. Battle for Second team TE. 10 receptions. 100 yards. 1 TD.

Sam Jones: 2 games. Probably won't dress most games.

Kieshawn Bierria: 4 games. Probably won't dress most games.

David Williams: 2 games. Probably won't dress most games.
    I think Hamilton will have A LOT more catches than 8 this year! Case used the slot and TE a lot last year, so he'll be looking for a good receiver in the middle area and if Hamilton can get those 1st downs, he will be a favorite target.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    jano played a good chunk of special teams

o think we end up carrying 5 rbing backs next season and i don't see jano going any where

i also feel lindsays spot is reliant on him winning the PR or KR spot. other wise he will more then likely be PS.

both our drafted RB has got alot of touchdowns. i think we wanted to emphisize a hammer down by the goal line.
    Janovitch plays a rather versatile role for us but ultimately his ST role is replaceable. We also saw his role fade (at least by my eye test) last season. So if he is not seeing the field as much and we may well want to carry 3 QBs or even and extra OLB then I can see his spot being lower on the list.

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    lol carlos henderson is not getting cut.
    Chubb is going to start over Ray.
    Holland probably makes the team and has a sack or two
    Sutton will play this year, but deasean will have the bigger impact of the two
    Jewell should get significant play time this year.

Im guessing that the buffs kid and the cfa wr make the practice squad
    Henderson was, according to reports, slow at picking up the playbook. He also got hurt. So unless he's managed to excel and blossom I to a more mature young man then I see it as possible that he gets cut or traded.

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I guess I missed what he has done off the field? I did find a marijuana possession charge in LA, I guess he could get suspended a few games for that. And, yes maybe the Broncos will not want to have him on the team any longer. Reports from media says he is in the mix for competing for the #3 wr spot. I would think that the Broncos don't want to give up on their WRs they drafted last season but if these rookies look good/better than they better part ways.
    Right. And when he had those charges he really should have been rehabbing and getting ready. There were also those reports that he was slow at picking up the playbook last season.

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    If Cannabis was a huge problem for the Broncos, Von Miller wouldn't be on this team.
    Are you seriously trying to compare Von to Carlos Henderson?

Tolerance levels for generational talents are far higher than they are for rookies who got hurt, struggled and showed poor judgement.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    i saw an interview from former players that 80% of the nfl does that. they also said which is true it is not hard to clean for one test. 1 time a year when you know exactly when that test is. there is really no excuse to get caught in the nfl .
    Agreed, the NFL tests players from April 20th through until August for illegal drugs. Once training camp rolls around they no longer test for illegal street drugs, only performance enhancing drugs.

Anyone not ready in the drug protocol should be able to be clean for that. After that they can do as they please.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Don't forget Counter which is set up by running at the T/TE hole.
    Good call, I thought I had actually included counter initially, but evidently forgot.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    If Cannabis was a huge problem for the Broncos, Von Miller wouldn't be on this team.
    i saw an interview from former players that 80% of the nfl does that. they also said which is true it is not hard to clean for one test. 1 time a year when you know exactly when that test is. there is really no excuse to get caught in the nfl .

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Correct. And he's not the only one.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I guess I missed what he has done off the field? I did find a marijuana possession charge in LA, I guess he could get suspended a few games for that. And, yes maybe the Broncos will not want to have him on the team any longer. Reports from media says he is in the mix for competing for the #3 wr spot. I would think that the Broncos don't want to give up on their WRs they drafted last season but if these rookies look good/better than they better part ways.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    Part of me agrees with ALL of this but there is a part of me which thinks that our team wants no part in Carlos after his poor choices off the field. My comments here are not without merit either. Both Elway and Joseph both stated they got a bunch of HIGH CHARACTER guys in this draft. I found those choices of words interesting...and both of them said it.

IMO- Carlos gets cut either due to his inability to pick up a playbook OR the fact that we have two other guys who we drafted and think can do better for us. I see the following WR's on the 53 this year in no real order:

E.Sanders
    D.Thomas
    J.Taylor (Could be thrown on IR)
    C.Sutton
    (1 open spot likely for another ST player)

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    We need Hamilton and Sutton to be starters at least at the slot WR. Chubb also needs to be a starter. I think Jewell can become a starter over either Marshall and Davis on passing plays.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X