#86: Chris Harris Jr. (CB, Broncos) | Top 100 Players of 2018 | NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Heck, I was wrong. The players did put Case Keenum in the Top 100!

#51, ahead of Philip Rivers (#56). The players recognized Keenum was one of the most accurate QBs, one of the best under pressure and one of the most efficient in the red zone last season.

So it's Harris, Keenum and Von Miller for the Broncos.

:thumb:

Very deserved, although somewhat unexpected. I believe Case Keenum made that Vikings offensive line better, and we're going to see a sharp decline soon when Cousins gets there.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Also this needs to be a reminder that while we as fans may not be excited or respect Keenum as a legitimate starter, the rest of the league certainly does. These things are voted by the players correct? If so, players who have watched him perform certainly believe he's worthy of the top 100. With 1696 players making each 53-man roster, making top 100 isn't to be taken lightly.

Just looking quickly over the rankings, he's the highest AFC West ranked QB, above Rivers and Carr. Let's hope all these indicate we got a winner on our team.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        Heck, I was wrong. The players did put Case Keenum in the Top 100!

#51, ahead of Philip Rivers (#56). The players recognized Keenum was one of the most accurate QBs, one of the best under pressure and one of the most efficient in the red zone last season.

So it's Harris, Keenum and Von Miller for the Broncos.

:thumb:

Not only that, But Kirk Cousins came in at #94 and Derek Carr at #60.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'm getting excited for the season. Congratulations Case.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            Also this needs to be a reminder that while we as fans may not be excited or respect Keenum as a legitimate starter, the rest of the league certainly does. These things are voted by the players correct? If so, players who have watched him perform certainly believe he's worthy of the top 100. With 1696 players making each 53-man roster, making top 100 isn't to be taken lightly.

Just looking quickly over the rankings, he's the highest AFC West ranked QB, above Rivers and Carr. Let's hope all these indicate we got a winner on our team.
            Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Not only that, But Kirk Cousins came in at #94 and Derek Carr at #60.
            I’m hesitantly hopeful about this year. Hopefully this team turns into a better version of the 2005 Broncos. A journeyman QB comes in to take the reins with the support of a solid defense.
            2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Very deserved, although somewhat unexpected. I believe Case Keenum made that Vikings offensive line better, and we're going to see a sharp decline soon when Cousins gets there.
              I so anxiously awaiting and I agree with your statement. Case did make them better and working this season with Billy Mus and the new arsenal of receivers we have here in Denver I’m expecting a huge boost to the offense here in Denver assuming the O-line has improved.

Comment

He was voted as 51st best players by his peers who in fact study his film in preparation to defend against him. This should be a huge statement to fans all over the world who may not understand its significance! These players are the best of the best and know exactly what they are talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  He was voted as 51st best players by his peers who in fact study his film in preparation to defend against him. This should be a huge statement to fans all over the world who may not understand its significance! These players are the best of the best and know exactly what they are talking about!
                  I wouldn't go that far. They vote players in every year that have no business being on the list. Tebow made the top 100 list and then was promptly out of the league. If not saying Keenum does or doesn't belong on the list, just that being on the list doesn't necessarily mean he deserves it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    I wouldn't go that far. They vote players in every year that have no business being on the list. Tebow made the top 100 list and then was promptly out of the league. If not saying Keenum does or doesn't belong on the list, just that being on the list doesn't necessarily mean he deserves it.
                    They study film on each other for a living therefore I would go that far. Tebow may not have been a very good QB but he was in fact a football player with the ability to move the ball. There could have been any number of reasons why his peers had added him on that list.
                    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-22-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

The problem with this list is very simple: this show was supposed to be the top 100 players in the NFL today. The NFL Network advertises that list as such, and Lindsay Rhodes already clarified that multiple times. Yet, many players keep voting on the top 100 players of last season. The result is an inaccurate list.

A clear example was Peyton Manning in 2012. He was voted the 50th best player because he missed the 2011 season. However, the list is about the best players today, right now, not just the previous season. Result: Peyton Manning voted only the #50 player in 2012, then throws for 4,659 yards and 37 touchdowns in 2012... Stupid.

"If player X were healthy, ready to go, where would you rank him today?" That's how the players were supposed to vote and that was the objective of that show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                        They study film on each other for a living therefore I would go that far. Tebow may not have been a very good QB but he was in fact a football player with the ability to move the ball. There could have been any number of reasons why his peers had added him on that list.
                        The only reason to be on the list is that you are one of the top 100 players in the league. You say Tebow may not have been a good QB, then how was one of the very best players in the league, according to that list ahead of Chris Johnson, D'Qwell Jackson and Ryan Kalil???

Most of the time the players deserve it. Sometimes they do not. Last year they ranked Dak Prescott ahead of Big Ben. Was that a correct ranking? absolutely not, imo. JJ Watt was ranked 35th. He played 3 games. Correct ranking? In 2016 they ranked Jamaal Charles 75th. He ran for 364 yards that season and 330 the last 2 seasons combined. Correct ranking? 2016 Andy Dalton was ranked 35th best player and 8th best QB, ahead of Rivers and Luck

No. They don't know exactly what they are talking about.
                        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 05-22-2018, 07:49 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X