Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the biggest weakness of the 2018 Denver Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the biggest weakness of the 2018 Denver Broncos?

Fellow Denver Bronco Fans,

Which aspect of the 2018 Denver Bronco's are you most concerned about? I'm curious to get a gauge of everyone's thoughts. Besides posting quick replies, please elaborate on why you are most concerned about (_____) and if you are feeling ambitious explain possible fixes.

justabroncosfan

OL & DL, just like last year
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'm going with o line. Nothing in the draft to really improve them but with the o line it is all about chemistry so they could surprise.

I do believe it will be improved over last year as I feel McGovern is better than Garcia and Valdheer is better at right tackle than Watson. I think having Leary next to bolles will improve and help.

But even with RT being improved I think it will still be a weak spot.

And final point I believe case will be a better QB which will help immensely. I noticed it last year with Trevor and lynch in there the lounge looked really bad because neither really have any pocket presence and would move into sacks. Oz with his flaws had much better awareness in the pocket and the line looked much better with him in just due to that pocket awareness.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

Case Keenum.

Comment

The coaching staff.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I would like to see our special teams unit as a whole improve. McManus needs to go back to the 2015/2016 McManus that got himself paid drilling 85%+ of his field goal attempts.

King is a massive upgrade over the weak legged Dixon, and his presence will definitely be implemented on the 2018 squad. I’ve never been so excited to have a punter before and think King can play at an all pro level again.

Return coverage needs to improve on both punts and kickoff, and we need to find a consistent return man. McKenzie was awful. He couldn’t field punts without fumbling and we drafted him to be a return man. McKenzie is without a doubt on the roster bubble, and it wouldn’t shock me at all if he doesn’t make the 53. The Henderson’s could be an option as a returner, and I would like to see if Phillip Lindsay can be that return guy.

Side note, I’m extremely happy with the Sutton and Hamilton picks. Those two look like the real deal and I could see them playing heavy snaps. We may keep 6 WRs again; DT, Sanders, Sutton, Hamilton, Henderson, and Taylor/McKenzie. For RBs, I could see all 5 making the squad, but ultimately I think the number will be 4; Freeman, Booker, Henderson, and Williams/Lindsay. Janovich seems like a lock to make the squad, unless we decide to roll with no FB.
            2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

If I had to guess based on last year and where we have and have not made changes, I would say HC and DC.
              I think in most other areas, including Offensive coaching , special teams coaching, qb, OL and scouting have all been addressed. I hope those 2 will show marked improvement. But that would be my guess going in.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

O-line we have no depth at all. and some parts of the line are unproven or aging.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I think the biggest question mark will be QB. I don't know how Case Keenum is going to play. If he plays like last season, then great. In fact, if Keenum plays well, that could cure all of our OL problems. But, what if he goes down with injury, or plays poorly? Lynch is terrible, and Kelly is a complete and total unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                    The coaching staff.
                    That's what I was going to say.

Comment

The fans......

well , some of them anyway

Comment

Our DL is stack, you're kidding me, right?
                        Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        OL & DL, just like last year

Comment

The trenches will make or break us. A lot of potential, but a lot of questions as well.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

1. Offensive Line
                            2. Special Teams
                            3. Quarterback (possibly)
                            4. Offensive Line again

Comment

IMO Denver's biggest weakness is quality depth at LT, ILB, QB and Corner. There are some developments to observe at Corner, ILB and QB which might alleviate concern, but the LT depth is a weakness which should be addressed ASAP.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X