can i start a bold predictions about he 2018 season thraed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Well, they signed Jeremiah Poutasi 1 January, and Andreas Knappe 17 January. Poutasi is a G and Knappe a T. They re-signed Billy Turner 20 March and he's a G/T.

They traded for Veldheer 23 March and he's a T.

They drafted Sam Jones #183 in the 6th round and he's a G.

They signed UDFAs Austin Schlottmann, who is a C, and Leon Johnson who is a T.

So, I guess Denver actually added a C, two and a half Guards and three and a half Tackles.

And yet it is not enough. .....for some, anyway.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
      Since people think so little of Jeff Heuerman, here's a very bold prediction:

Jeff Heuerman becomes Kyle Rudolph for Keenum in Denver, with 500+ receiving yards and 5+ touchdowns.
      Not Bold.....very believable !!

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
        And yet it is not enough. .....for some, anyway.
        Well, there are sixteen O-Linemen headed to Spring Practices and TC. That's one more than they need for 1st, 2nd, 3rd team O. Not counting this year's UDFA O-Linemen, three of them came into the league undrafted and that includes Ron Leary. Eleven of them joined the NFL via the Draft.

I think there will be a battle for membership in the five as well as for the other three or four roster spots. Between now and TC, they will be learning the offense, getting in shape and doing walk throughs and non-contact stuff. When TC starts and the hats and pads go on and the hitting begins, we'll start to find out who is for real and who isn't.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Freeman will have 1500 all purpose yards and 13 total touchdowns.

Chubb will have 10.5 sacks

And the most important, Denver's offensive line stays healthy all season long

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
            Lol no, those scrubs aren't enough for me... and they certainly won't be enough for our poor QBs. I say plural, because no QB could survive a season behind what should be (again) one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. But hey, offensive line play... overrated, amiright?
            The common misconception is that a team needs 5 studs in order to have a great o-line. The reality is they need 5 guys who can work well together, know each other and can anticipate what each will do.

You may think of the players as "scrubs" but returning 4 guys who all worked together last year and have some continuity is big. I'd also point out that the QBs were responsible for quite a few sacks last year. Hopefully having an actual NFL QB playing can cut down on some of those.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Well, they signed Jeremiah Poutasi 1 January, and Andreas Knappe 17 January. Poutasi is a G and Knappe a T. They re-signed Billy Turner 20 March and he's a G/T.

They traded for Veldheer 23 March and he's a T.

They drafted Sam Jones #183 in the 6th round and he's a G.

They signed UDFAs Austin Schlottmann, who is a C, and Leon Johnson who is a T.

So, I guess Denver actually added a C, two and a half Guards and three and a half Tackles.
              Classic subtraction by addition, and now for the prediction...

Denver announces early in summer they will be transitioning to a more traditional 4-3 base
              Denver acquires Mychal Kendricks to play Will
              Brandon Marshall is beat out of MLB be Jewell and shipped off to Redskins
              Shelby Harris starts getting compared to Geno Atkins
              Bronco fans start coming up with a new nicknames for the defense by week 5
              123 message posts start, "I take back everything I said about Brendan Langley..." by week 4
              Last edited by MHSalute; 05-04-2018, 11:47 PM.
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
                Lol no, those scrubs aren't enough for me... and they certainly won't be enough for our poor QBs. I say plural, because no QB could survive a season behind what should be (again) one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. But hey, offensive line play... overrated, amiright?
                Denver's rushing attack in 2016 was 27th in yards and 28th in ypa. The 2017 O-Line of Bolles - Garcia/Barbre - Paradis - Leary/McGovern - Watson/Barbre/Stephenson/Turner/Kouandijo paved the way for 12th in rushing yards and 18th in ypa. That was a big improvement and a step in the right direction.

The anticipated O-Line of Bolles - Leary - Paradis - McGovern - Veldheer should be able to sustain the rushing attack and improve on pass protection especially at the LG and RT positions. In his second season, one might reasonably expect that Garrett Bolles will cut down on his flags. Placing Leary next to him will help.

Depth will be sorted out during Spring activities, TC and preseason games. Candidates include a number of players who entered the NFL via the Draft. If you organize the sixteen O-Linemen into 1st, 2nd, 3rd team, the guys competing for roster spots as depth will appear on the 2nd team O-Line. A couple of them may challenge to be in the five.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                X