Rookie mini camp report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie mini camp report

Cecil Lammey says Kelly, Butt, and Sutton all looking good. I know it's very early, but Lynch could be in big trouble. Check Lammey out on Twitter to see more.

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    Cecil Lammey says Kelly, Butt, and Sutton all looking good. I know it's very early, but Lynch could be in big trouble. Check Lammey out on Twitter to see more.

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey
    It could very well be that Lynch could lose out on the backup position, however, in a little fairness, Lynch didn't qualify for rookie mini camp so it's not easy to say how he and Kelly would compare head to head there.

Kelly, though, is getting a great opportunity to build a rapport with the rookies though which is an advantage.

Comment

Butt's routes were crisp, just like they were at Michigan. Kelly threw with zip, just like he did at Mississippi when he diced up Alabama's defense in 2015 and 2016 games, throwing for a combined 762 yards and six touchdowns with no interceptions. Even against air, both sights were promising.

"He can rip that thing now," Butt said of Kelly's passes. "You've definitely got to wear gloves. He'll be spinning that bad boy pretty tough."
      sigpic

Comment

The great thing about mini-camps around the league is that we'll get endless reports about player X looking phenomenal and how they will be superstars in no time.

Then training camp rolls around and the pads go on and there's an opposition out there and things don't look quite as good. Not saying these three won't be great players, but take reports now with a massive grain of salt. It's a rookie mini-camp in shorts and jerseys with a very small fraction of plays in and going on air.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          The great thing about mini-camps around the league is that we'll get endless reports about player X looking phenomenal and how they will be superstars in no time.

Then training camp rolls around and the pads go on and there's an opposition out there and things don't look quite as good. Not saying these three won't be great players, but take reports now with a massive grain of salt. It's a rookie mini-camp in shorts and jerseys with a very small fraction of plays in and going on air.
          I hear ya......but that "Kelly to Butt" gets me all tingly about what MIGHT be the future.

Comment

Does anyone else get a really good feeling about this years rookies compared to the past few seasons. Even the undrafted rookies have me excited I think 3 of them are good enough to make the roster atleast

Comment

Comment

I am so much more excited about this group of rookies than I can remember in years past. From what little I can tell they seem to be more professional and less head-cases.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  I am so much more excited about this group of rookies than I can remember in years past. From what little I can tell they seem to be more professional and less head-cases.
                  I think Butt and Kelly is a big part of it. They are two promising talents that couldn’t play last year. Their return adds a lot of positive energy.

Comment

So excited about this draft class. Love the new draft philosophy of targeting leadership, production, bpa rather than reaching for projects and combine warriors.

Hope we do this every year.

Comment

We need a solid class in the worst way. Talent level has been dropping the past couple years, need 3-4 good young starters to emerge. If Kelly, Butt, Henderson, and Walker show up we will be much improved talent wise than we looked last year. Biggest wish is that Kelly pushes Case and this becomes a difficult decision next year at QB.
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        We need a solid class in the worst way. Talent level has been dropping the past couple years, need 3-4 good young starters to emerge. If Kelly, Butt, Henderson, and Walker show up we will be much improved talent wise than we looked last year. Biggest wish is that Kelly pushes Case and this becomes a difficult decision next year at QB.
                        Biggest wish....Kelly plays so well, it's an easy decision
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          Biggest wish....Kelly plays so well, it's an easy decision
                          lol touche
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I think there's one takeaway from this rookie mini camp and that's if Kelly is throwing the ball well. It's been a question to how his wrist injury is healing. He still has a lot to prove, but Kelly just being able to throw well now is a good sign.

Comment

Seems like a great big rookie draft class w/ Kelly, Butt and Henderson included. I think we have stocked up very well. Hope the majority becomes starters in the future. Don't know why but I have a feeling Lindsay is going to be very valuable to the Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                              X