X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Marshall / Kiszla

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/2...-proud-kiszla/

Regardless of political views I've lost respect for both over this mess. Nobody in Broncos Country should be proud of something that tears us apart.

I miss football.
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 05-25-2018, 09:18 AM.

Mark Cuban was right. The NFL is going to implode after the next tv contracts are up.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Kiszla does not speak for me.

Comment

As soon as you stop expecting your sports heroes to be your heroes outside of sports your life becomes much more satisfying. I agree with Marshall but that means nothing. For every Marshall I agree with there's a guy that I don't. If I start investing in the political views of sports figures I'm not going to enjoy sports anymore. This is a crappy time we live in where the divisiveness of politics is encroaching on the things we use for enjoyment.

Comment

Pretty sure this doesn’t need to be on here. Just because you claim “regardless of political views”, doesn’t actually mean it’s lacking in your post.

Comment

Yes Brandon Marshall, you have freedom of speech. Feel free to express that freedom of speech in the locker room while the others, who want to participate in the flag ceremony, can do so on the field.
            You do your thing in the locker room, others can do their thing in the ceremony, then everybody can play some football with no distractions.

Comment

Who would have figured the NFL would have screwed this up? :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                Who would have figured the NFL would have screwed this up? :thumb:
                How did they screw it up?

To me its very simple. Players accepted to play for the NFL (ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)

IF actions they take while the camera is on and entertainment is happening hurts the company, its detrimental to the business. Some people are going to like it, some people are not going to like it, but at the end of the day if the NFL loses viewers and or sponsorships because of it, then it becomes a big problem.

Giving them an option to stay in locker room if they want to protest or stand for the flag salute is very fair IMHO.

I am all for them continuing the social justice awareness, OUTSIDE OF BUSINESS HOURS. They are all prominent enough in communities that they can use name recognition to do a lot of good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                  How did they screw it up?

To me its very simple. Players accepted to play for the NFL (ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY)

IF actions they take while the camera is on and entertainment is happening hurts the company, its detrimental to the business. Some people are going to like it, some people are not going to like it, but at the end of the day if the NFL loses viewers and or sponsorships because of it, then it becomes a big problem.

Giving them an option to stay in locker room if they want to protest or stand for the flag salute is very fair IMHO.

I am all for them continuing the social justice awareness, OUTSIDE OF BUSINESS HOURS. They are all prominent enough in communities that they can use name recognition to do a lot of good.
                  If they wanted to avert controversy, mission failed. The players who don't come out will be a story, people will still hate them and still boycott. IMHO, a worse look for TV broadcasts would be sidelines half empty or stars not being out for the anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                    Pretty sure this doesn’t need to be on here. Just because you claim “regardless of political views”, doesn’t actually mean it’s lacking in your post.
                    Honestly I just want football back without the side show and yes it should be posted especially when a news reporter feels he speaks for broncos country.

Comment

If they wanted to avert controversy, mission failed. The players who don't come out will be a story, people will still hate them and still boycott. IMHO, a worse look for TV broadcasts would be sidelines half empty or stars not being out for the anthem.
                      I dont think they had a choice. Once Kaep did what he did and it spread, the NFL lost control of it. Like all things, the media is responsible for blowing it out of scope. I wish they would do more positive stories like focus on players each week who do good in the community. It would shed a different light on the people involved.

Comment

The players who don’t come out will definitely be a story at first, but eventually it will start becoming less and less of an issue. That is better then having a bunch a players kneeling on the sidelines, that will be a story everytime.

Was there another reasonable solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                          I dont think they had a choice. Once Kaep did what he did and it spread, the NFL lost control of it. Like all things, the media is responsible for blowing it out of scope. I wish they would do more positive stories like focus on players each week who do good in the community. It would shed a different light on the people involved.
                          Along with what you stated here, I would also add, stop televising the anthem. This would have been a non story had we not had every camera on the players who were protesting.

Comment

Last season the decision was made that as a Broncos football forum we would chose to keep the sport of football separate from political debates. Thus far that decision has not changed.

Here is a copy of the announcement that ran between Sept. 25 - Oct. 10, 2017.

While we certainly understand the frustration by fans on all sides of the discussion, we have decided to keep the Broncos Country message boards separate from politics. Recent events have brought the NFL to the forefront of political debates, but due to the highly emotional and passionate discussion it tends to involve, we think it’s best to continue to keep politics and this forum separate. Yes, the forum is meant for discussion, but we’d like to keep that discussion to football as much as possible.

With everything going on in our country, it would be nice to keep our complaints and cheers purely related to football here. If you feel passionately, there are plenty of other outlets available to you to express your opinions. We know this isn’t the most popular decision, but we ask that you respect it.

Thank you for understanding.

--Broncos Country Message Board Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              Last season the decision was made that as a Broncos football forum we would chose to keep the sport of football separate from political debates. Thus far that decision has not changed.

Here is a copy of the announcement that ran between Sept. 25 - Oct. 10, 2017.
                              The announcement is still there (you have to log out and when you log back in, it's there). At least it is for me.

It's hard to keep politics out of something that is political.

Thanks again for understanding.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X