If we beat the Colts tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we beat the Colts tonight...

If we beat the Colts tonight then we (the Broncos) make the playoffs.

If we beat the Colts tonight then we give the Chiefs a first-round bye and the Colts will host a wildcard game.

This means we'd be almost certain of having to play the Colts in Indy...AGAIN, in two weeks.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think it will be tough to beat the Colts once in Indy but especially tough to do it twice in a three game span.

It would almost be better to lose to the Colts and beat the Packers next week so we could play the Chefs in the first round. But how in the hell could we Broncos fans NOT want to win tonight and assure ourselves of the playoffs? What a dilemma!

What does everybody else think of this mess?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

With Miami winning today, that keeps the pressure on us for that last wild card spot. I hate to say it, but I think we need to win because it's not a guarantee that the Jets will beat Miami next week....and, of course, our game with Green Bay will be tough. I really hate to give KC the first round bye with a win over Indy, but I want Denver to be in the playoffs.
    Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Just win baby! Who knows KC could lose their last game.

Comment

This is not a good problem...

I want us to win every game, but to give the Chiefs a first round bye, goes against every fiber of my body. Even with their loss to the Vikings which was really sweet they can still get a first round bye.

What if they lose to the Bears and we beat Indy then do they still get a first round bye???
        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I dont really care who we play first round in the playoffs. I just want to get in.

Comment

I hear ya'll. But there are no guarantees we are going to win in Green Bay next week. They are going to be fighting for their playoff birth as well..

Man, I was cheering hard for the Texans to beat the Titans(and the almost did), then if we win both of our games we would be #5 seed and play Baltimore in the first round and avoid playing Colts again..

I still think we have to win tonight and keep it rolling.

Go Broncos!

Comment

i really want to play kc 1st round but as everyone is sayin lets just get in if not tonight the obvisously in green bay.....the d-line needs constanst pressure on manning otherwise i cant see our db's holdin up all night.........

Comment

I think we just need to win tonight, regardless. for my own sanity's sake, i can't handle another week of not knowing if we're in....
                Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                  This is not a good problem...

I want us to win every game, but to give the Chiefs a first round bye, goes against every fiber of my body. Even with their loss to the Vikings which was really sweet they can still get a first round bye.

What if they lose to the Bears and we beat Indy then do they still get a first round bye???
                  If we beat Indy tonight, then the Chiefs get a bye regardless of the outcome of their game against the Bears. It really sucks to help the Chiefs if we help ourselves.
                  ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                    If we beat Indy tonight, then the Chiefs get a bye regardless of the outcome of their game against the Bears. It really sucks to help the Chiefs if we help ourselves.
                    Well, at least we're looking at a silver lining game. if we win, cool, we're in and we're relaxed a bit. if we lose, we know the chiefs are upset, so that's good too. kind of makes me feel a bit better to think this way coming into this game....
                    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
                      Well, at least we're looking at a silver lining game. if we win, cool, we're in and we're relaxed a bit. if we lose, we know the chiefs are upset, so that's good too. kind of makes me feel a bit better to think this way coming into this game....
                      Yeah, I've been feeling that too. But just as bad as giving the Chiefs a bye is having to play Indy again in two weeks with them wanting revenge for spoiling their shot at a bye. Plus, I generally think the edge in a rematch goes to the team that lost the first game, if both are quality teams.

I guess it doesn't really matter since tonight's outcome will be the same no matter what we're all worried about.
                      ------

Comment

Originally posted by booher
                        just get in.........
                        I'm with you.

Comment

win tonight. face the colts in the first round of playoffs. how many playoff games has Manning won? =)

Comment

the way i see it, to lose tonight (almost on purpose) would be a tactical move...but overall, not the smart move.

We have to face the colts down the road anyways, lets take em on early.

Comment

just win and get in the tournament anything can happen....you dont wanna say 1 area of the team will decide a game but r secondary has to play above what they showed so far in these next 2 games cuzz there gunna get tested 2 say the least....need turnoverssss

Comment

Working...
                              X