The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Well the hype on him coming out was a huge game changing impact player. I disagreed with that assessment. so far we have seen nothing like that hype. Not even close. Now if we see that coming up soon is completely unknown.
    You’re being absolutely rediculously absurd if you expect that in his first two games in the league. He shouldn’t be expected to be Von Miller in his first two games. Doesn’t mean he can’t get there.

And ignoring that he leads all rookies in qb pressures is just complete agenda based arguing. It means he is on the right track. Only a matter of time till he hits home. Which isn’t easy to do before Von gets there by the way.
    sigpic

Comment

That doesn't mean much. He leads all rookies...ok who are those rookies? Davenport? anyone else?

Roquan Smith
      Rashaad Evans
      Leighton Vander esch
      Tremaine Edmunds
      Josey Jewell

Oh you want outside edge rushers
      Marcus Davenport
      Marquis Haynes
      Arden Key
      Jeff Holland

You gonna say those names aren’t very good?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Roquan Smith
        Rashaad Evans
        Leighton Vander esch
        Tremaine Edmunds
        Josey Jewell

Oh you want outside edge rushers
        Marcus Davenport
        Marquis Haynes
        Arden Key
        Jeff Holland

You gonna say those names aren’t very good?
        Jeff Holland didn’t even make the roster so I’m not sure why you threw that one in there.
        sigpic

Comment

• It's probably been covered, but VJ stated that the defense was set up very cautiously in order to not allow big completions by TE's and receivers. What happened instead were quick short completions by Carr that eliminated the pass rush's ability to cause pressure. Sunday probably wasn't a good day to evaluate Chubb, even Miller was held to just a sack and not much more, if you ignore his strip sack fumble that got taken back by Davis' penalty. It's still way too early to expect him to start wowing us, it's his second game.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• I dunno what wth y'all are expecting from a 22 year old rookie. He's done a decent job and I know the sack stat is the sexy stat but there's more to what his role is.
            Not saying that PFF is the be all end all, but he is the highest rated rookie so far out of the top 8 picks at a decent 76.6 grade.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1042130138870239232

Comment

• Originally posted by kapzk View Post
              I dunno what wth y'all are expecting from a 22 year old rookie. He's done a decent job and I know the sack stat is the sexy stat but there's more to what his role is.
              Not saying that PFF is the be all end all, but he is the highest rated rookie so far out of the top 8 picks at a decent 76.6 grade.

We need a button to embed tweets...

Until then, copy the tweet ID and then insert it inside tweet tags like so

[tweet]1042130138870239232[/tweet]

That'll embed it for you :thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                You’re being absolutely rediculously absurd if you expect that in his first two games in the league. He shouldn’t be expected to be Von Miller in his first two games. Doesn’t mean he can’t get there.

And ignoring that he leads all rookies in qb pressures is just complete agenda based arguing. It means he is on the right track. Only a matter of time till he hits home. Which isn’t easy to do before Von gets there by the way.
                never said he wouldn't get there but the truth is, he has had very little impact so far. Key words there...so far. Will he ever make a big impact? No one knows. I questioned him going into the draft as many here know...so far, I was not wrong.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kapzk View Post
                  I dunno what wth y'all are expecting from a 22 year old rookie. He's done a decent job and I know the sack stat is the sexy stat but there's more to what his role is.

Huh? An outside source is making the case that he has been impressive? They need to come here and get properly educated.

Comment

never said he wouldn't get there but the truth is, he has had very little impact so far. Key words there...so far. Will he ever make a big impact? No one knows. I questioned him going into the draft as many here know...so far, I was not wrong.
                    What rookies do you feel are having a greater impact?

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
                      What rookies do you feel are having a greater impact?
                      Phillip Lindsay alone is having a bigger impact and looks like the better player so far
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, ........... I'd hold off on that "Victory Lap" for a couple of seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          Yeah, ........... I'd hold off on that "Victory Lap" for a couple of seasons.
                          agreed.

My opinion of him going into the draft was that he would be a solid player against the run and a 6 sack guy. I think that is what we are getting. There is nothing wrong with that. I was ripped for my opinion. The hype from many on these boards after the draft was that Von and Chubb and would be this unstoppable pass rushing wrecking crew this season was way over the top. There was talk of him being a probowler and/or DROY...before he even took a snap. Do you think that is what he is looking like right now? I would bet no one here thinks so. So yes, his hype was too much. Now those same people who claimed he would come in and dominate right away are now saying...wait, it's only been a couple weeks, give him a season or two. That seems an awful lot like backpedaling to me.

I highly agree its way to early to judge anyone from the draft, including Lindsay, but as of right now, at this moment, he is not living up to the hype. I bet you agree with that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Phillip Lindsay alone is having a bigger impact and looks like the better player so far
                            I already knew Lindsey was going to be your comeback. At least it's another Bronco. Depending on which stats you value, he may or may not be having a bigger impact. But I'll give you the impact argument through 2 games. Can't say he's the better player though.

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
                              I already knew Lindsey was going to be your comeback. At least it's another Bronco. Depending on which stats you value, he may or may not be having a bigger impact. But I'll give you the impact argument through 2 games. Can't say he's the better player though.
                              If you knew my reply then you must agree? can't say anything with any certainty this soon but I don't see how you couldn't say Lindsay looks like the better player right now averaging 6.1 yards/carry and the #3 RB in the league for yards so far.
                              Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-18-2018, 10:20 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

If you knew my reply then you must agree? can't say anything with any certainty this soon but I don't see how you couldn't say Lindsay looks like the better player right now averaging 6.1 yards/carry and the #3 RB in the league for yards so far.
                                But Lindsay looks like on of the best backs in the NFL right now, so is it really surprising he's looking better than a rookie at any position? Not sure why we're comparing an RB and DL/OLB? Doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison, especially when history is full of rookie RBs (many late round picks and undrafted) who come in and have a big impact. That's why the value of the position is de-valued come free agency, because a UDFA can step in and set the world on fire. D-line (and regardless of what they list him as, he's a DE) doesn't often have that same impact early.

Comment

Working...
                                X