Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed.

My opinion of him going into the draft was that he would be a solid player against the run and a 6 sack guy. I think that is what we are getting. There is nothing wrong with that. I was ripped for my opinion. The hype from many on these boards after the draft was that Von and Chubb and would be this unstoppable pass rushing wrecking crew this season was way over the top. There was talk of him being a probowler and/or DROY...before he even took a snap. Do you think that is what he is looking like right now? I would bet no one here thinks so. So yes, his hype was too much. Now those same people who claimed he would come in and dominate right away are now saying...wait, it's only been a couple weeks, give him a season or two. That seems an awful lot like backpedaling to me.

I highly agree its way to early to judge anyone from the draft, including Lindsay, but as of right now, at this moment, he is not living up to the hype. I bet you agree with that.
    theres still a chance for DROY no rookie has more then 1 sack. but denzel ward has 2 ints and Trumaine edmunds looks really good with a sack and ff. but i mean i'd expect to see real growth around week 4-5 and then regression around 13 or 14
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      theres still a chance for DROY no rookie has more then 1 sack. but denzel ward has 2 ints and Trumaine edmunds looks really good with a sack and ff. but i mean i'd expect to see real growth around week 4-5 and then regression around 13 or 14
      Derwin James already has 11 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 passes defended. He will be in the DROY conversation for sure.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        But Lindsay looks like on of the best backs in the NFL right now, so is it really surprising he's looking better than a rookie at any position? Not sure why we're comparing an RB and DL/OLB? Doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison, especially when history is full of rookie RBs (many late round picks and undrafted) who come in and have a big impact. That's why the value of the position is de-valued come free agency, because a UDFA can step in and set the world on fire. D-line (and regardless of what they list him as, he's a DE) doesn't often have that same impact early.
        he asked what rookie looked better...that's a reasonable answer. How about comparing the #5 pick with tons of hype compared to an UDFA not even invited to the combine and the UDFA looks better...something to consider there. It's not like I was comparing Chubb to Barkley...both top picks.

Here is some of the hype projected for Chubb:

1. Miller and Von would get 40 sacks this season...Todd Gurley

2. Eric Trickel...Von Miller has a production campaign, but what makes that possible is the huge year the rookie has. Bradley Chubb causes all kinds of havoc, which opens up the door for Miller to make all kinds of plays. This tandem plays a huge role in the Broncos returning to the playoffs.

Chubb has a year that sees him net double-digit sacks and win the Defensive Rookie of the Year award. Chubb and Miller go down with the best season by a pass rushing duo ever with a combined 32 sacks and two awards.

They don’t just pick up a bunch of sacks, but they also stand out as run defenders and net a lot of tackles for a loss. They both show their well-rounded skill-sets and gives Broncos fans hope for the time that the torch gets passed on from Miller to Chubb.

3. Posters from this Forum:
        ..Miller 2.0
        ...Chubb can replace Miller
        ...Chubb vs. Colton Miller? Like cutting butter
        ....Chubb could very well be at the same level as Von Miller...
        ...If we take Chubb, he is not expected to take a few years to blossom.
        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-19-2018, 03:59 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          Derwin James already has 11 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 passes defended. He will be in the DROY conversation for sure.
          agreed. He is looking good so far.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            Right, because nothing will change I'm sure in 14 more games. Glad this is the case, as we'll be undefeated for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skylan View Post
              Right, because nothing will change I'm sure in 14 more games. Glad this is the case, as we'll be undefeated for sure.
              Nobody said nothing would change but right now James would probably be the front runner.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                We need a button to embed tweets...

Until then, copy the tweet ID and then insert it inside tweet tags like so

[tweet]1042130138870239232[/tweet]

That'll embed it for you :thumb:

The chess game that is the NFL that coaches play will eventually have Chubb in a spot to beat one on ones to make plays. That is an advantage he has playing with Von. When those opportunities come Chubb will first need to learn from them...grow and evolve into a playmaker....hopefully.

That does not happen in preseason and 2 regular season games imo

I think it is reasonable to expect to see flashes of playmaker ability in 2018 but we may not see the ability that made him a top pick on a regular "take over the game" level until 2019
                Last edited by Hadez; 09-19-2018, 06:44 AM.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I think it was Gary Kubiak who said the leap from year one to year two is the most significant. I'm personally not worried about Chubb yet. As far as all the hype and comparisons to Miller, I never thought he was that type of prospect. Von has been one of the best defensive players in the league since day one. He's a likely HOF candidate. It's tough to compare any player to him unless it's Watt or Mack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
                    Really underwhelmed by him. Slow off the snap, hesitant. Not sure why we drop him in coverage, but he was lost. Really haven't noticed a pass rush from him.
                    Would you like some wings with that spicy hot take?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
                      No. He looked great last week. However I didnt notice him today. The passes were out of carrs hands quick.
                      We had 7 sacks last week, none this week. Him not looking good this week had zilch to do with him and everything to do with Wood's completely inept play calling. This off zone coverage crap.... playing 10-15 yards off the receiver... We can't get a pass rush when the pass is out 5-7 yards off the Los and the defender hasn't even gotten there yet because they are playing so far off the receiver...

And frankly the "him not looking well" narrative is absurd because he's played very well. The problem is, fans only look at sacks and fail to actually see that Chubb has been a very well rounded defender and has played VERY solid against the run and in pass plays as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        We had 7 sacks last week, none this week. Him not looking good this week had zilch to do with him and everything to do with Wood's completely inept play calling. This off zone coverage crap.... playing 10-15 yards off the receiver... We can't get a pass rush when the pass is out 5-7 yards off the Los and the defender hasn't even gotten there yet because they are playing so far off the receiver...

And frankly the "him not looking well" narrative is absurd because he's played very well. The problem is, fans only look at sacks and fail to actually see that Chubb has been a very well rounded defender and has played VERY solid against the run and in pass plays as well.
                        A little pedantic, but we had one sack. As for Chubb, he has made some big time plays on short yardage situations as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          But Lindsay looks like on of the best backs in the NFL right now, so is it really surprising he's looking better than a rookie at any position? Not sure why we're comparing an RB and DL/OLB? Doesn't seem like an apples to apples comparison, especially when history is full of rookie RBs (many late round picks and undrafted) who come in and have a big impact. That's why the value of the position is de-valued come free agency, because a UDFA can step in and set the world on fire. D-line (and regardless of what they list him as, he's a DE) doesn't often have that same impact early.
                          Exactly. If Chubb is doing good against the run, helping collapse the middle of the pocket so the QB can't escape (and thus allowing Von to get a sack), then he is doing a great job. Judging his impact solely on sacks is misleading, and the sacks will probably come eventually. That is why I said even though Lindsay appears to be having a bigger impact, it doesn't mean he is a better player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skylan View Post
                            "He will be in the DROY conversation" is not the same as proclaiming him the DROY already. Learn to read if you can.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              If you knew my reply then you must agree? can't say anything with any certainty this soon but I don't see how you couldn't say Lindsay looks like the better player right now averaging 6.1 yards/carry and the #3 RB in the league for yards so far.
                              Because just going by stats don't tell the whole story, especially after 2 games. I'll give you an admittedly primitive example. Through 2 games Aaron Donald has 0 sacks, 2 tackles and 3 assists. Chubb has 0.5 sacks, 3 tackles and 3 assists. Chubb's stats are a little better, but is he a better player?

Comment

• Originally posted by cirehawk View Post
                                Because just going by stats don't tell the whole story, especially after 2 games. I'll give you an admittedly primitive example. Through 2 games Aaron Donald has 0 sacks, 2 tackles and 3 assists. Chubb has 0.5 sacks, 3 tackles and 3 assists. Chubb's stats are a little better, but is he a better player?
                                Except the obvious difference is that Donald has an already established body of work in the NFL and teams definitely scheme for him on the field. Chubb does not.

Labeling a boom or bust at this point is really pointless. He's played two games against two very different offenses. PFF's rating should not be ignored but neither should it be used to forecast his future.

Comment

Working...
                                X