No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freak and Rastic you both do know that I am listening to what you are saying and while I agree with you that Chubb is doing just fine However my belief is that he was Hyped up especially many fans on this board and off. I am just saying I would of drafted Q.Nelson however Bradley Chubb is playing just fine shutting down the run and yes BTW I do watch every game lol and Chubb is Getting Pressure on the QBs however as some one else pointed out Every One in the 1st Round is Over Hyped! Lets Agree to Disagree !

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
      Freak and Rastic you both do know that I am listening to what you are saying and while I agree with you that Chubb is doing just fine However my belief is that he was Hyped up especially many fans on this board and off. I am just saying I would of drafted Q.Nelson however Bradley Chubb is playing just fine shutting down the run and yes BTW I do watch every game lol and Chubb is Getting Pressure on the QBs however as some one else pointed out Every One in the 1st Round is Over Hyped! Lets Agree to Disagree !
      The problem is it seems both sides have a very drastically different definition of what over hyped means. The ones claiming he is over hyped are doing so because for some unknown reason they think he should be the NFL league leader in sacks over Von Miller by week 2. And claiming he isn't impacting games though multiple expert grading sights are producing numbers that strongly suggest other wise.

Where as those of us defending the hype are pointing to the overall rookie grades and qb pressures and saying he is absolutely living up to the hype. Because sacks aren't the only stat that matters on defense.

You ask me the kid was under hyped since four teams passed on him and he is so far grading out as the top rookie where he was projected by many.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        8*1/2 since he's played in 2 games already.

He'll get to the qb more.
        I OK with him not even getting to 8 sacks. Denver has Ray and Barrett too. I think these guys get stuck in on some obvious pass downs to be fresh off the edge subs. Chubb already has looked better than Von Miller and Shane Ray did, as rookies, in run support on the edges. That is why he is on the field instead of Ray and Barrett. I am really excited to see Chubb's improvements over this whole season even if the sacks don't come in large numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          The problem is it seems both sides have a very drastically different definition of what over hyped means. The ones claiming he is over hyped are doing so because for some unknown reason they think he should be the NFL league leader in sacks over Von Miller by week 2. And claiming he isn't impacting games though multiple expert grading sights are producing numbers that strongly suggest other wise.

Where as those of us defending the hype are pointing to the overall rookie grades and qb pressures and saying he is absolutely living up to the hype. Because sacks aren't the only stat that matters on defense.

You ask me the kid was under hyped since four teams passed on him and he is so far grading out as the top rookie where he was projected by many.

Good Point ! I do like our Run Defense and I an aware that Chubb is a Key Cog in the Machine and in the End This Is A Team Sport with this Years Defense starting to get its Identity.

Comment

Also as was pointed out above. Even if he isn't directly getting sacks, Von's got almost half his sack total from 2017 in two games. That can't be understated. His pressures on the QB (And he has a lot of them) are pushing QB's into von's tender loving embrace. That's exactly why Von was so ecstatic on draft day.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Also as was pointed out above. Even if he isn't directly getting sacks, Von's got almost half his sack total from 2017 in two games. That can't be understated. His pressures on the QB (And he has a lot of them) are pushing QB's into von's tender loving embrace. That's exactly why Von was so ecstatic on draft day.
              Yeah apparently people forget that Von only had 10 last year due to lack of sufficient help on the other side. Which is still a solid number but low for his standards.

This year he is on pace for 32 sacks. Obviously that number is going to come down some over the course of the season but as long as Chubbs or Rays numbers go up some it will still be a massive improvement from 2017. And the major difference in all of it is adding Chubb.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                Chubb is just one of two edge defenders(all edge defenders, not just rookies) through two weeks of the season (Trey Flowers being the other) to have a grade of at least 75.0 as both a pass-rusher and in run defense. Out of 95 edge defenders who have rushed the quarterback at least 25 times this season, Chubb ranks eighth with a 16.3 pressure percentage; his 11.4 run-stop percentage ranks seventh among the 57 edge defenders who’ve seen at least 25 snaps in run defense.

Being top 10 in both run defense and pass rush is about as good as anyone can hope for. Honestly he's exceeding expectations. The sack numbers will come soon, no doubt there considering how close he's consistently getting to them.
                This reminds me a lot of Malik. He was not getting the sexy numbers before his breakout year but there were indicators he was on the verge of breaking out.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I don't put much, if any, stock into the PFF grades, especially for linemen, but...is he grading out as the top rookie..or just best out of the top 8? Out of curiosity...does anyone know the other grades for 1st round rookies?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    I don't put much, if any, stock into the PFF grades, especially for linemen, but...is he grading out as the top rookie..or just best out of the top 8? Out of curiosity...does anyone know the other grades for 1st round rookies?
                    Don't know if you saw this post. It doesn't directly answer your question but does offer some good food for thought.

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    Chubb is just one of two edge defenders(all edge defenders, not just rookies) through two weeks of the season (Trey Flowers being the other) to have a grade of at least 75.0 as both a pass-rusher and in run defense. Out of 95 edge defenders who have rushed the quarterback at least 25 times this season, Chubb ranks eighth with a 16.3 pressure percentage; his 11.4 run-stop percentage ranks seventh among the 57 edge defenders who’ve seen at least 25 snaps in run defense.

Being top 10 in both run defense and pass rush is about as good as anyone can hope for. Honestly he's exceeding expectations. The sack numbers will come soon, no doubt there considering how close he's consistently getting to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                      I don't possibly see how someone can be disappointed with his play so far.
                      I'm more disappointed with the decision to play him at LB. The guy was the best DE in college football, and we're not letting him play that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        Don't know if you saw this post. It doesn't directly answer your question but does offer some good food for thought.
                        yep. saw that. thx. His strength has been, and always will be (imo) his run defense.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                          I'm more disappointed with the decision to play him at LB. The guy was the best DE in college football, and we're not letting him play that position.
                          I think he plays DE in the Nickel package which is a split-front look. He is an Outside Backer in Base.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

At DE he's going to be struggling to see the field as we have a lot of d-line depth. The OLB in our scheme typically lines up near the line and plays like a DE anyway. The times he's dropped into coverage is rare enough that it's not something to get in a bunch about. He does well in coverage (he even got dropped into coverage on occasion in college and has broken up some passes) and he's excellent against the run.

Those of you getting bent out of shape about him being a LB have misplaced your ire.
                            sigpic

Comment

Because of Wade Phillips scheme that the Broncos continue to play, he's still a Defensive End, they just use the term linebacker, because Phillips designated the players in a 3 point stance as linemen and the two standup ends as linebackers. But his job is that of a defensive end. Denver just basically plays with 5 defensive linemen in their base defense.

Comment

• Once Chubb gets up to NFL speed, he will be a pillar in the def. as he is obviously becoming after only 2 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X