Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After two weeks ..... Chubb or Ward ?

Comment

• Chubb looks pretty good. This thread looks... pretty bad.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        Chubb is just one of two edge defenders(all edge defenders, not just rookies) through two weeks of the season (Trey Flowers being the other) to have a grade of at least 75.0 as both a pass-rusher and in run defense. Out of 95 edge defenders who have rushed the quarterback at least 25 times this season, Chubb ranks eighth with a 16.3 pressure percentage; his 11.4 run-stop percentage ranks seventh among the 57 edge defenders who’ve seen at least 25 snaps in run defense.

Being top 10 in both run defense and pass rush is about as good as anyone can hope for. Honestly he's exceeding expectations. The sack numbers will come soon, no doubt there considering how close he's consistently getting to them.
        Wow. That is impressive for his first two games.

Thanks for the find!

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
          After two weeks ..... Chubb or Ward ?
          Denver only had one available to them when they drafted, so because of that the answer is Chubb.

Comment

• Chubb is good and the right choice at 5th overall, but I think we should have drafted CB higher than the 3rd. This season we could have used better talent there, as we can see Jones and Brock are not long term answers, and Yiadom looks far behind the curve, maybe even two to three years out. I can see us moving on from Roby as well, he won't be worth what he'll ask. The pass rush should help but sometimes you need to play complementary football, which our secondary is absolutely not doing.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              Chubb is good and the right choice at 5th overall, but I think we should have drafted CB higher than the 3rd. This season we could have used better talent there, as we can see Jones and Brock are not long term answers, and Yiadom looks far behind the curve, maybe even two to three years out. I can see us moving on from Roby as well, he won't be worth what he'll ask. The pass rush should help but sometimes you need to play complementary football, which our secondary is absolutely not doing.
              Not sure I agree that he looks behind the curve of a third round rookie corner. Only a select few are very good right away and those guys are ahead of the curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                Not sure I agree that he looks behind the curve of a third round rookie corner. Only a select few are very good right away and those guys are ahead of the curve.
                There were some guys I felt would transition faster. Anthony Averett was one guy on my list, and I think he actually was drafted later than Yiadom. In the preseason Yiadom was consistently beaten in coverage, though he was a sure tackler.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

There were some guys I felt would transition faster. Anthony Averett was one guy on my list, and I think he actually was drafted later than Yiadom. In the preseason Yiadom was consistently beaten in coverage, though he was a sure tackler.
                  I thought Yiadom looked good in preseason - I don't think he was beat much, just didn't react correctly. He seemed to usually be in position to make a play, just didn't make it. Hoping that improves with reps and coaching.

OT - Chubb is doing everything we hoped he'd do. He's playing the run great, and getting pressure on the QB. He hasn't got the sacks but has increased the pressure which has allowed others (Von) to get them. I think they'll come and I'm happy with his performance to date.

Comment

He was beaten, sure. But he wasn’t that out of position. He wasn’t getting beat the same way that Langley was being beat. To me, being beat, but keeping yourself in decent position is not behind the curve for a third round rookie corner in his first preseason. I’m not sure what expectations you have for them to be on pace or being ahead of the curve, but I feel like people have unrealistic expectations for some of these guys. I don’t know the player you’re talking about or how he’s doing so far, so I can’t speak on him. But, I will say, that a few players behind further ahead at this point isn’t what matters. “The curve” often is referred to by the bell curve. So, the curve is average, so you will have some players develop quicker than average. Just like some will be below average, or “behind the curve”. But, I think it’s far too early to say that a rookie is behind the curve. And I personally feel like Yiadom is about average right now for a third round rookie.

Comment

He was beaten, sure. But he wasn’t that out of position. He wasn’t getting beat the same way that Langley was being beat. To me, being beat, but keeping yourself in decent position is not behind the curve for a third round rookie corner in his first preseason. I’m not sure what expectations you have for them to be on pace or being ahead of the curve, but I feel like people have unrealistic expectations for some of these guys. I don’t know the player you’re talking about or how he’s doing so far, so I can’t speak on him. But, I will say, that a few players behind further ahead at this point isn’t what matters. “The curve” often is referred to by the bell curve. So, the curve is average, so you will have some players develop quicker than average. Just like some will be below average, or “behind the curve”. But, I think it’s far too early to say that a rookie is behind the curve. And I personally feel like Yiadom is about average right now for a third round rookie.
                      The curve for me is that he gets beat from time to time but other times turns his head and body properly and makes a play. As the season goes on you'd hope to see fewer times of him getting beat and more times that he turns and makes plays. And as a Rookie you expect that there will be one or two plays where he just gets TORCHED. Instead the weird thing I am seeing in both Langley and Yiadom is that they are reading the plays and following their guys but they are just not turning back to see where the ball is. SO they are, generally speaking, NEVER making the play.

I hope I was able to explain that OK.

Comment

This is getting off topic, and it seems we have differing opinions. Lets agree to disagree and moving on.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          The curve for me is that he gets beat from time to time but other times turns his head and body properly and makes a play. As the season goes on you'd hope to see fewer times of him getting beat and more times that he turns and makes plays. And as a Rookie you expect that there will be one or two plays where he just gets TORCHED. Instead the weird thing I am seeing in both Langley and Yiadom is that they are reading the plays and following their guys but they are just not turning back to see where the ball is. SO they are, generally speaking, NEVER making the play.

I hope I was able to explain that OK.
                          I get what you're saying, but I don't think there is much comparison between the way Langley and Yiadom get beat on a consistent basis. In my opinion, Langley has been made to look a fool on too many occasions. With Yiadom, it's more of what you're describing where he is in position, but not getting his head turned around. Those are the good plays for Langley, where he is only getting beat that bad instead of being embarrassed.

Comment

• Way too early to judge most any position - let alone an edge rusher. Very few are ready to play in the NFL, no matter how they showed in college. But if one wants to know the history of #5 choices in the NFL, it's spotier than one might think. Quite a few 5s are barely starters in their 3rd year. Hey, a 5 is much better than the rest of the way down the line, but we should wait to see what he actually does rather than crown him based on his draft position.
                            Lessons learned: Paxton Lynch was a 1st round draft choice QB.

Comment

• Let the man breath first! He is going to be just fine this season. It's been only 2 games, and I am normally negative but we shall be a okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meshuggah83 View Post
                                Let the man breath first! He is going to be just fine this season. It's been only 2 games, and I am normally negative but we shall be a okay.
                                But the thing is that it’s “only two games” where he has actually performed well.

Comment

Working...
                                X