The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    But the thing is that it’s “only two games” where he has actually performed well.
    Haha, I see what you just did there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      The curve for me is that he gets beat from time to time but other times turns his head and body properly and makes a play. As the season goes on you'd hope to see fewer times of him getting beat and more times that he turns and makes plays. And as a Rookie you expect that there will be one or two plays where he just gets TORCHED. Instead the weird thing I am seeing in both Langley and Yiadom is that they are reading the plays and following their guys but they are just not turning back to see where the ball is. SO they are, generally speaking, NEVER making the play.

I hope I was able to explain that OK.
      if we don't have to play yiadom then thats good. he is a rookie let him get more adjusted to the speed of the game. he has the skills just needs time. i am looking more at him next season. the real scary thing is robys regression he is not making the moves or the turn overs i was hoping. you watch the most recent ints into td he shows up a good chunk. i was hoping he could still make those plays, or get ints.

langley was a super developemental prospect should have been a 7th rounder. was out drafted due to being a great Athelete. and that is all he is at this point. the fact we have him on our PS and is giving him another year makes me sad.
      Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 09-21-2018, 07:07 PM.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        At DE he's going to be struggling to see the field as we have a lot of d-line depth. The OLB in our scheme typically lines up near the line and plays like a DE anyway. The times he's dropped into coverage is rare enough that it's not something to get in a bunch about. He does well in coverage (he even got dropped into coverage on occasion in college and has broken up some passes) and he's excellent against the run.

Those of you getting bent out of shape about him being a LB have misplaced your ire.

Did you see any Wolfpack games last year? The guy was practically a one man team. He's also 269 lbs...a little heavy for a linebacker. The decision to play him at that position makes absolutely no sense to me.
        Last edited by Hph5; 09-22-2018, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Every year there are threads like this, every year our 1st round draft picks are drug through the mud because they don't already have 10 sacks or 10 TDs in their first 2 games

Comment

• Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
            Did you see any Wolfpack games last year? The guy was practically a one man team. He's also 269 lbs...a little heavy for a linebacker. The decision to play him at that position makes absolutely no sense to me.
            I am not knocking Chubb when I say this. I think my feelings are known that I am perfectly happy with how he has played the first two games. But, there were 7 NC State players drafted in the first five rounds this past season. He was definitely not a one man team. They went 9-4, with three of their four losses being by one possession because they were a solid team, not because of a singular solid DE.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              Every year there are threads like this, every year our 1st round draft picks are drug through the mud because they don't already have 10 sacks or 10 TDs in their first 2 games
              I wonder if they have the misfortune of being compared to Von? Similarly, I think any rookie that doesn't absolutely kill it instantly is looked poorly upon because fans look at the minuscule number of rookies that do kill it right away and think that's where their guy should be. I will beat the dead horse that fans have unrealistic expectations for what should actually take place. Even with a guy like Von, there are fans who don't understand why he isn't getting to the quarterback on every single play as if that's possible.

Comment

• He's done more in two games than Jarvis Moss did his entire career here in Denver....

Plus, he's actually played very solid football....

Comment

I wonder if they have the misfortune of being compared to Von? Similarly, I think any rookie that doesn't absolutely kill it instantly is looked poorly upon because fans look at the minuscule number of rookies that do kill it right away and think that's where their guy should be. I will beat the dead horse that fans have unrealistic expectations for what should actually take place. Even with a guy like Von, there are fans who don't understand why he isn't getting to the quarterback on every single play as if that's possible.
                  Well said.....

I'll help those that want to compare Chubb to Von. Von's 1st 2 games of his career = 6 total tackles, 1 sack and 1 FF.....Chubbs 1st 2 games = 6 total tackles, .5 sacks

So he's a half sack behind schedule, might as well slap a bust title on him now LOL

Comment

Every year there are threads like this, every year our 1st round draft picks are drug through the mud because they don't already have 10 sacks or 10 TDs in their first 2 games
                    We eat our own here.

Comment

IMO this is a result of all the draft talk where people invest resources in making points of why someone should be picked. When "their guy" was not picked they are just waiting for a reason to say "see I told you so"
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                        And yet, despite making no sense to you, he's played very well in the position. As if it hasn't been a problem putting him in a position where he can see the field on almost every down as long as he can physically handle it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Funny story, there were similar threads to this one with Von. He didn't become a sackmaster overnight either.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The game is definitely still fast for Chubb right now. You can see moments of hesitation in his play. That said his base level has been good all around. Chubb is going to end up a monster against the run, with very good pass rushing.
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                              IMO this is a result of all the draft talk where people invest resources in making points of why someone should be picked. When "their guy" was not picked they are just waiting for a reason to say "see I told you so"
                              I think the Broncos drafted the right guy at #5.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                Funny story, there were similar threads to this one with Von. He didn't become a sackmaster overnight either.
                                We as a fanbase were spoiled for a long time. Elway said the 4 big things a team needs are QB, Pass rusher, lock down CB, and LT. They've seen hall of famers at every spot except LT for multiple seasons since Elways tenure began. So the standard fans have is so high, it will be near impossible for any rookie to meet them.
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                                X