No announcement yet.

The Chubb Hype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have mentioned, it's all about his fit and usage. It'll be interesting to see if Vance Joseph learned his lesson on putting players out of position. Walker's lack of impact must have told VJ something about letting players succeed at the position they were drafted for. Ware coming in to teach how to rush the passer should have a positive impact.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Demarcus ware: Broncos’ chubb can be the next me

Add this to the hype:

http://www.talkoffamenetwork.com/dem...e-the-next-me/

So how good can he be? Ah, that’s why we checked in with Ware to get his take on his new pupil and learn how he can make him the perfect bookend for another pass rusher, veteran Von Miller — especially now that linebacker Shane Ray has been sidelined.

“Chubb is probably 6-4, 270,” he said on the latest Talk of Fame Network podcast. “He’s the guy who can come in and be that power guy and really help Von out.

“The attributes that he really brings to the game — stopping the run and being able to be that strong-side guy for Von — that’s what you need. (The Broncos) have that tag-team again.”

So now the question: Is Bradley Chubb the next DeMarcus Ware?

“You know what? ” said Ware. “He can be. He’s one of those guys who’s mature. He listens. And that’s what you want from a young guy. Because some of them come in very arrogant, saying, ‘OK, I’m in the league now.’ But to me, he has that ‘I just arrived mentality. Now what do I need to do to deliver?’ ”
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        If Chubb is even 60 or 70 percent of D-Ware I'll take it.

Comment

I think people should be just hyped about our draft in general. I’m going to make a bold statement and say this draft will going down as one of our best draft ever. I think we have 4 impact players for this year ( Chubb, Hamilton, Sutton, Royce). The following year I think these players because the starters.

I’ve been pounding the table about Hamilton. This dude reminds me so much of when Brandon Lloyd was here. Around the same height, size, and speed. Both gain separation but perfecting a route. He will be special.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
            I think people should be just hyped about our draft in general. I’m going to make a bold statement and say this draft will going down as one of our best draft ever. I think we have 4 impact players for this year ( Chubb, Hamilton, Sutton, Royce). The following year I think these players because the starters.

I’ve been pounding the table about Hamilton. This dude reminds me so much of when Brandon Lloyd was here. Around the same height, size, and speed. Both gain separation but perfecting a route. He will be special.
            :thumb: you got it !! I also think there will be several other new guys that contribute
            GO BRONCO'S !!!!! :lombardi::lombardi::lombardi:

Comment

I'm thinking similar stats and impact that Malik Jackson had with his last season with the Broncos for Chubb this year.

~50-60 tackles, just under double digit sacks sounds about right. His bigger impact will be pulling protection from Wolfe, Miller, and Barret.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  As others have mentioned, it's all about his fit and usage. It'll be interesting to see if Vance Joseph learned his lesson on putting players out of position. Walker's lack of impact must have told VJ something about letting players succeed at the position they were drafted for. Ware coming in to teach how to rush the passer should have a positive impact.
                  From what I've heard, it sounds like Joe Woods learned from mistakes last season and will be scheming to put the players in better positions to succeed. Let's hope so!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by aditheman View Post
                    I think Chubb will be a disappointment. I don't know if he'll be a minor or a major disappointment, but his face tells me he won't be a superstar player. Maybe something like Robert Ayers, which would be a disaster.
                    Not sure how you can tell that from his face but IMO he looks like a former pro bowl DE who recorded 15 sacks in a season whose name I will purposely leave out of the discussion.

Comment

The talent in the NFL will slow him down a little for the first half of the year. But when he figures out the opponents skill levels, and the def schemes become 2nd nature to him then he will change gears and get better and better each year. Will he be as good as Miller and Ware? I believe he has the talent and desire to get to that level.

Comment

I think Chubb will be a disappointment. I don't know if he'll be a minor or a major disappointment, but his face tells me he won't be a superstar player. Maybe something like Robert Ayers, which would be a disaster.
                        Can you tell what kind of basketball coach I am if I send you a portrait? Like, can will I lead a group of players to the State Tournament some day? Will we win? If you can, I’ll send you my picture!
                        Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                        Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                        Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Quote of the Day, by Waylon Smithers.

“Uh, sir, phrenology was dismissed as quackery a hundred-sixty years ago.”

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbrendal View Post
                            "I think Chubb will be a disappointment. I don't know if he'll be a minor or a major disappointment, but his face tells me he won't be a superstar player. Maybe something like Robert Ayers, which would be a disaster."

You obviously have not watched any of the tape on him.
                            Why would you need to watch a guy’s tape when you can just look at his face?! Don’t be naive, wasting your time actually watching a guy’s game

Comment

I've heard that people base success and draft off of facial features? I didn't think it was true, but wow.
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
                                Can you tell what kind of basketball coach I am if I send you a portrait? Like, can will I lead a group of players to the State Tournament some day? Will we win? If you can, I’ll send you my picture!
                                Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                                Quote of the Day, by Waylon Smithers.

“Uh, sir, phrenology was dismissed as quackery a hundred-sixty years ago.”

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                                Why would you need to watch a guy’s tape when you can just look at his face?! Don’t be naive, wasting your time actually watching a guy’s game
                                Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                I've heard that people base success and draft off of facial features? I didn't think it was true, but wow.

Seriously spit out my drink.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X